It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC outed finaly as biased goverment propaganda mouthpiece.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
Dae

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
This is a sad thread. Used to be ATS was the place where conspiracies were born or developed... now ATS reports on conspiracy theories from a mainstream news. Difference is I suppose that the idea of BBC being a propaganda machine is not a new one here. Though why anyone would think not is beyond me, we pay TAX to support it and its government run (Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport).

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unruhestifter

I think anyone with a working brain knew the BBC was a biased government mouth piece but now even the most brainless cant deny it now.

Some of us have been telling you this since the Scottish Referendum....

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Thats it...I want my TV license money back! Did you know that regular antennae's still pick up BBC stations....allegedly? Just sayin.

I think it's funny that people still pay the licence fee.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Proof that she does some acting is not proof that she isn't a pastor or in some way disingenuous in her appearance.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Unruhestifter
The BBC has long been understood as a propaganda machine for political correctness (rather than government). It's built into their culture, in the way their executives are recruited, and in the general political correctness of media people.
Hence giving no voice to scepticism on "climate change".
Hence being rather scornful of Brexit and popular opposition to Europe.
Hence sharing in the general media scorn for Donald Trump. They would be Britain's CNN.
If they are really encouraging propaganda for Theresa May's deal, they must think that this is the nearest they can get to not having Brexit at all, suggesting that the pro-Brexit people who feel betrayed may be right.
Don't mistake this for being pro-government. If Boris Johnson becomes the government, they won't do him any favours.

edit on 30-11-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Unruhestifter

I swear I am confused, the BBC gets called a liberal outlet mouthpiece but somehow this woman is in favour of Brexit and backing Theresa May and said she was a lifelong conservative, not sure how this fits the narrative of being liberal

And the article suggests she is reputable as an author and christian

I am not stating the BBC does not have an agenda but not sure this story backs that, I am pretty certain that the BBC would want to remain in the EU therefore if they paid anyone, it would have been someone to reinforce remain

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

From where I stand the BBC has always been on the Right, really aimed at Middle Class folks

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

I myself am either blind to it or its to subtle for me to notice, but i generally feel I trust the BBC, but I have not often heard accusations of it being right wing

BBC accused of left-wing bias as audience appears to support Jeremy Corbyn in election TV debate

Criticism of the BBC

The Thatcher government Accusations of a left-wing bias were often made against the Corporation by members of Margaret Thatcher's 1980s Conservative government. Norman Tebbit called the BBC the "Stateless Person's Broadcasting Corporation" because of what he regarded as its unpatriotic and neutral coverage of the Falklands War, and Conservative MP Peter Bruinvels called it the "Bolshevik Broadcasting Corporation."[

bbc-accused-of-institutional-trendy-left-wing-bia s

BBC is biased toward the left, study finds

BBC is accused of being a 'left-wing mouthpiece

LEFT-WING LOVE IN: BBC savaged over Jeremy Corbyn 'hero-worshipping' at Glastonbury

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Some of us have been telling you this since the Scottish Referendum....

So much so a book was written about the conniving devious bastards.

The Scottish Independence Referendum captivated a nation for over three years. When Alex Salmond's SNP won a majority in the 2011 Scottish election it signalled the start of the most electric political campaign in UK history. That campaign ended on September 18th 2014 when Scots voted to remain part of the Union. But how did a small lead for Yes turn into a ten point triumph for No during the last fourteen days of the campaign? Why was a backbench Labour MP given unparalleled access to BBC airwaves in order to issue pledges he had no authority to make? Was a Scottish Labour party special advisor allowed to influence the content of BBC Scotland political programmes? The media’s role in the referendum campaign has escaped scrutiny, until now. This book shines the spotlight on the biggest media beast of all - the BBC. What it reveals will shock you. 'London Calling – How the BBC stole the Referendum', chronicles the descent of the BBC in Scotland from a once trusted broadcaster to an organisation so despised that thousands of ordinary Scots marched on its Scottish HQ in protest at what they saw as its anti-independence bias. The book takes the reader on a journey that begins with the arrival of devolution and culminates in the No campaign's triumph in the referendum on September 18th 2014. The journey is signposted by several key political events and the BBC’s coverage explored. The book reveals how Donald Trump, Al Megrahi and Rupert Murdoch were used by the broadcaster in an attempt at promoting an anti-SNP narrative. It also reveals how headlines were altered, video footage edited, stories suppressed and debates loaded as the state broadcaster resisted the political change taking place throughout Scotland. 'London Calling - How the BBC stole the Referendum' paints a picture of a BBC unable to adapt to Scottish Devolution and which stood Canute like against the sea change the referendum epitomised. A corporation in denial over its own shortcomings.

edit on 30-11-2018 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
Yet they are constantly accused of left-wing bias by Tories and other right of centre groups.

So which is it?

Cute, you still fall for the left.right nonsense..... Maybe you should move to the states, you would fit in better there.

The BBC does not serve the left or right, it serves the establishment, IE what ever nob jobs in power.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Wow, cheers for the links, those would make it seem quite Left. Just the other day they had this blonde bint on banging on about Brexit and how the nation didn't vote for its benefit but put of principle (I didn't vote out of principle, I voted for what I believed was for the benefit of the country, as did a lot of people so her painting us all as having voted out of principle is completely erroneous.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Yet they are constantly accused of left-wing bias by Tories and other right of centre groups.

So which is it?

Given they have been absolutely taken over by the Conservative party, and have hard-right conservative appointees in positions of power and influence, and they've been caught many times rigging things to make the conservatives look better. And they just got caught hiring actors to speak in support of May. I think we can definitely say they have right-wing bias.

And the right wing groups are just very good at complaining if anything even remotely pops their bubble of right-wing views, like if the BBC dares to suggest that maybe some people think Brexit might not be a good idea, they turn to twitter in outrage taht the BBC IS A LEFTIST ORGANISATION! HOW DARE THEY DOUBT BORIS JOHNSON!

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unruhestifter

So which is it?

Cute, you still fall for the left.right nonsense..... Maybe you should move to the states, you would fit in better there.

The BBC does not serve the left or right, it serves the establishment, IE what ever nob jobs in power.

They were never really on the side of Gordon Brown and Tony Blair in the same way that they are on the side of Theresa May and David Cameron though.

But yes, Tony Blair started the process of making political appointees to the BBC. Just Cameron took it to the max, and installed huge swathes of loyal party activists to the Corporation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join