It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are dreams designed to influence you or others ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Out of all of your dreams that have had a great influence on you, the morning after, how many of them have actually come true ?

If friends, acquaintances appeared in the dreams, did the dream actually have worthwhile future information for them as well after initially helping you ?

The reason I ask, is because I am curious to know whether dreams are only directed at the dreamer and not others as well.

If other real people are involved did they have the same dream ?

If the dream involves other real people, is the dreamer a spiritual guru / preacher in a specific religion ?
In other words, is the dream directed at their followers via them like they are a conduit ?

Just curious because I have had 2 dreams that have summed up my entire life so far that are only directed at me and no one else.

Going by the law of "Everything Happens for a Reason", one can only assume that prominent unforgettable dreams are hints directed at us from the spiritual world.

I just need verification of the above statement that will tell me that we are not just being played with and laughed at behind the spiritual curtain.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Dreams are way more complicated than 'coming true'.
To understand one's dreams is to understand your inner workings.

Sometimes you'll notice something small that the conscious mind doesn't see and it's communicated through a dream leading you to believe you can see the future in your dreams. Which is not the case.

Don't be silly, understand that dreams are your sub-conscious communicating with you, you can't see the future, but sometimes the sub-conscious rationalizes things the conscious mind is to slow to see.

People are very often amalgamations in dreams. ie. the face of your friend bob, the personality of Peter and the voice of James.
You haven't done a lot of reading up on dreams in the psychological sense? Not saying I have, but I have done some reading.

Go buy a book written by a decent, respected psychiatrist or other respected authority on dreams. If spirituality is mentioned in the title you're on the wrong track.
That's the best advice I can give you.
edit on 30-11-2018 by GreenGunther because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

When I was really young, I used to dream about a guy all the time and months later I met the guy in person. It was someone I had never met or seen before the dreams and he became my first love. I would have recurring dreams about certain things and then they would happen, not exactly as the dream portrayed, but same situation.

I learned to pay attention to recurring dreams. With regular dreams, they are often just random nonsense or something in my subconscious trying to work things out I guess.

Many people have had prophetic dreams that have come true.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha
Out of all of your dreams that have had a great influence on you, the morning after, how many of them have actually come true ?

If friends, acquaintances appeared in the dreams, did the dream actually have worthwhile future information for them as well after initially helping you ?

The reason I ask, is because I am curious to know whether dreams are only directed at the dreamer and not others as well.

If other real people are involved did they have the same dream ?

Dont know...and I've discussed dreams with a Shaman, Buddhist, a deacon and a few others, all longtime friends. The general consensus is they are our subconscious....with a zillion little inputs, visuals, situations, events, places and conversations we had that day...formulating the mish-mosh into the odd world of dreaming.

Some say our dreams are another's person's reality....and mine? Upon waking after one...I sometimes wish I could get back into them. And still...another observation is all of us...and the whole world, our lives, kids, jobs...aren't really REAL....but are all just parts...of somebody else's DREAM!

And when we THINK we die? That's when that other person wakes up!!!! No easy answers to dreams and their interpretations!

Best...M.S.

edit on 30-11-2018 by mysterioustranger because: No coffee

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

a reply to: Night Star
I learned to pay attention to recurring dreams. With regular dreams, they are often just random nonsense or something in my subconscious trying to work things out I guess.

Thanks.

Maybe that is it then; those who do pay attention to their dreams will get information concerning their future via dreams. Those who are unwilling or not ready, don't.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther
Not 100% correct. I had a dream of a specific place, a blue color roofed Hangar with two river jet boats in it. I’ve never been to this place before in my life. The next day I saw the exact blue roofed hangar with the exact two boats in it, in the exact same place in the hangar from my Dream. normally hangars have airplanes. That is one Dream, I’ve had lots similar happen to me.

edit on 30-11-2018 by 38181 because: Description

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

This just happened to me recently, it did come true

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Dreams can influence you. They can also tell you things.

When I was 14, I spent days trying to figure out how to drive a standard. I'd stall out at stop signs, the driveway, anywhere I stopped. I had a dream about driving and never stalled once in my dream. The next day, I took my truck on the road and didn't stall once. I basically learned how to drive from my dream.

When I was 17, I dated this chick for about 6 months. It was nothing special so after we broke up, I never thought about her, not even once, and I never saw her again. When I was 32, I had three dreams of her, three nights in a row. The next day, I rode with a co-worker to a radio station because they won a prize and had to pick it up. There she was, my ex from 15 years ago, working at the radio station. That's happened to me two other times with two other exes. Every time, I had three dreams in a row about them.

I've had many dreams that were foretelling but it would take a long time to write them all out. I don't know if it's like this for everyone, but this is how dreams are for me.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther

Sometimes you'll notice something small that the conscious mind doesn't see and it's communicated through a dream leading you to believe you can see the future in your dreams. Which is not the case.

Don't be silly, understand that dreams are your sub-conscious communicating with you, you can't see the future, but sometimes the sub-conscious rationalizes things the conscious mind is to slow to see.

People are very often amalgamations in dreams. ie. the face of your friend bob, the personality of Peter and the voice of James.
You haven't done a lot of reading up on dreams in the psychological sense? Not saying I have, but I have done some reading.

Go buy a book written by a decent, respected psychiatrist or other respected authority on dreams. If spirituality is mentioned in the title you're on the wrong track.

Who determines what or who is respected? With all due respect, you sound more like a skeptic.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: GreenGunther

Who determines what or who is respected? With all due respect, you sound more like a skeptic.

Always a skeptic.
But the human mind is a complex myriad of natural connections.
We look at everything but see very little. The sub-conscious mind has access to mundane memories and links things in complicated and often very abstracts ways.

I love my dreams. They’ve taught me alot.
But I don’t think I can predict the future through my dreams.

I’ll look at various sources for information, but usually the people who’ve put years of their time into something know a lil something.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Going by the law of "Everything Happens for a Reason", one can only assume that prominent unforgettable dreams are hints directed at us from the spiritual world. I just need verification of the above statement that will tell me that we are not just being played with and laughed at behind the spiritual curtain.

seeing as dreams are interpreted then I guess its a yes and no.

We may be being played with or being tested, depending on how we interpret the dream and what actions or non action we take away from the dream and bring into reality.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
It said that what we can only dream about what we know or are familiar with. That being said, having glimpses of many small instances, to pivotal moments(life/death, a job, love life) defies my stupidity.

Also, I've heard that not being able to dream can lead to some mental issues...and I haven't had a good one in while.

new topics

top topics

join