It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why America is still Awesome

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
a reply to: JAGStorm

Yep. Most of that list applies to Canada too, but sadly, we do not have Captain America 😕

Yeah, but you had Dudly Doright
He was kind of cool. Well, not really

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Think how great it would be if federal and local government employees were not so corrupt. A good bit of the screwing we take is their work, one way or another.

Amen

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I love my home land, but I am incredibly #ing angry with it athe moment.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Dr. Frederick Banting invented insulin. He was Canadian.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
When idiots say "America is evil", they are pidgeon-holing all of us... that is wrong.

Don't lash out at the American people... lash out at the scumbags that criminally abuse the system.

I can't see how people could ever disagree with you on this matter.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: FilthyUSMonkey

And now research is getting started on all the components of a plant well worth studying.
We’ll be at the forefront of unlocking true medicinal benefits

www.ctvnews.ca...

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Another high point for our friends to the north.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Rocky and Bullwinkle were cool....

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Boy I don’t feel that free. Maybe it’s this oligarchy or maybe it’s the ndaa , perhaps the secret prisons around. I bet it’s the propaganda heard on every news outlet. I have never turned the tv on and watched a program that wasn’t filling me full of bologna. I know , it’s our tax money going to the globalist owners of the fed. Who also own the news and all of our politicians (sorry trump supporters) and all the courts. Maybe its cause we’re the biggest producers of terrorism In the history of the world.The way I have to pay for welfare and all the special interests,all the unnecessary wars could be it. Two different sets of rules for the elite and us peasants perhaps. Free speech is for the rich.
Let’s all pat each other on the back and congratulate each other on being free.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I love America because I love freedom.

If you love freedom, then you love America.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
We need to improve things, but there is no doubt in my mind that we still have the ability in the hands of the people to make changes up to and including rebellion if need be.

Many other nations are now beholden to unelected politicians, or countries with a secret police that truly go after average people and make them disappear.

I am in the military and have been critical of our govt in the past and never faced repercussions for my opinion.

Maybe with the up and coming generation in favor of authoritarian leadership that will change but right now we can still make a difference.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
People who don't break the law are free, as well as many law breakers.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thenail
Boy I don’t feel that free. Maybe it’s this oligarchy or maybe it’s the ndaa , perhaps the secret prisons around. I bet it’s the propaganda heard on every news outlet. I have never turned the tv on and watched a program that wasn’t filling me full of bologna. I know , it’s our tax money going to the globalist owners of the fed. Who also own the news and all of our politicians (sorry trump supporters) and all the courts. Maybe its cause we’re the biggest producers of terrorism In the history of the world.The way I have to pay for welfare and all the special interests,all the unnecessary wars could be it. Two different sets of rules for the elite and us peasants perhaps. Free speech is for the rich.
Let’s all pat each other on the back and congratulate each other on being free.

As much as I love this country and I do very much, there's a lot of truth in what you said.

In a lot of ways we are slaves, many Americans get paid just barley enough to disguise the fact. Truth be known, we're not as free as many want us to believe. If you look at the current trends that are breaking or have already broken the middle class, this fact becomes more evident as days go by.

I still love my country though and I'm more than willing to die fighting for what freedoms we do have. There's a lot worse out there.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
I love America because I love freedom.

If you love freedom, then you love America.

The biggest lie ever sold to Americans is that we are all free. And they've been selling it since day 1.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I just wish we weren't globetrotting around, poking our noses into other people's business and killing. I just wish our education system wasn't creating PC/SJW zombies. I just wish we had control of our currency again instead of a private cartel of bankers. I just wish our politicians were accountable.

I just wish that our government wasn't a reflection of us.

I just wish we would rediscover true nobility and honor again.

Is it wrong to want better than we currently have? Is it wrong to criticize or should I just shut my mouth and let evil progress?

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

Rocky and Bullwinkle were cool....

But they had weird accents. American squirrels don't sound like that and they aren't so uppity. Secret squirrel is way cooler. He is OG

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Petrodollar. You can’t escape it.

Military larger than the next 26 countries behind us.

25 are allies.

.....come at us. You can’t.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

We have some great people. Sure we have some racists, warmongers and idiots, sometimes one and the same. They try to give the rest of us a bad name.

It is not these few that make the world over to take notice of our ethos. The good hearts we nurtured in our homes and communities are what make us shine.

Our land is beautiful. It's diverse and full of life. A few super cities try to define us and even some audacious small towns. It's the land itself that is defining. We just live here and over time we became like the land made us. Diverse, beautiful and full of life.

I love my people. I love my land. I love our ways.

edit on 11 29 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
It's funny, you said that we don't charge to use bathrooms here. I just got back from Mexico, and yes they were tourist spots, but I was charged to use the bathroom multiple times. LOL I live in Vegas, this is a tourist spot, I don't get charged to use public bathrooms here. We are indeed a great nation!

On a serious note, I think when most people complain about the Us, they complain because they want to see the US changed for the better not because they hate this country.
edit on 29-11-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join