It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green fireball Over Russia

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: tjack

It seemed to go on for a long time, like I had time to study and marvel at it.

Perfect way of describing it

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The last video is pretty impressive, the object is traveling towards the camera down to the ground

So it’s actually a lot smaller and closer than I originally thought, I thought it was burning up high in the atmosphere

Great video always enjoy these meteor videos they never get boring

Fascinating

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

I find it odd no debris was found or noise heard, it seemed close. They still may find it though

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

Russians are colluding with meteors. Americans demand a special council to investigate!

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

I hope this ones cheaper

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker

I find it odd no debris was found or noise heard, it seemed close. They still may find it though

Maybe it completely burned up, or could have been the size of a walnut by the time it hit the ground

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Maybe it completely burned up, or could have been the size of a walnut by the time it hit the ground

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Look more like a meteor to me

Sorry

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

That is possible

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Trillium

Those are great pics! I think it is a meteor as well

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Wow The Suns reporting on this is absolutely terrible, trying their very best to push out anti Russian feelings to the public and trying to relate a meteor to some story about how Putin is testing secret space weapons. I've vowed to never ever read the Sun news paper or take anything they report and publish seriously.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

I noticed that. I just needed to link something. not a fan

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

As TritonTaranis said above, maybe it completely burned up.

In addition, even if a part of it survived to the ground (and most don't; most burn up virtually completely), the peice that landed may have landed many miles away from where the fireball was spotted -- sometimes hundreds of miles away.

A case in point is a famous meteorite known as the "Peekskill Meteorite", the fireball from which I was lucky enough to witness for myself mack in 1992. The Peekskill Meteorite is so named because it hit the ground in Peekskill, New York (actually hit a the rear of car parked in a driveway). However, prior to hitting the ground, it's fireball was witnessed streaking through the sky hundreds of miles away from Kentucky, to Virginia, and through Pennsylvania (I was in Pennsylvania when I saw it).

It should be noted that if a medium-to-small meteor does make it to the ground to become a meteorite (an "meteorite" is the term reserved for a meteor that survives to the ground) the fireball eventually stops glowing a while before it lands. As most people are aware, the glowing from a meteor comes from heat caused by the friction caused as the atmosphere slows it down from 10s of thousands of miles an hour to just a couple of hundred miles per hour. That is to say, eventually the thick air will slow it down enough cause it to be moving at only terminal velocity -- which is not fast enough to be glowing...

...Therefore, if it did hit the ground, it was probably not a glowing fireball while it was traveling through the air near the landing site. And conversly, if you saw it glowing, you may have been too far away from wherever it potentailly might have landed. When a fireball glows, it may look close, but it is often 20, 30, or more miles up in the air.

And even if it did land somehwere, it's possible that it landed without doing much damage.

edit on 29/11/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

I learned a lot on the subject today. Thanks for the info!
I often wonder if the "shooting stars" I have seen we're meteors

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I learned a lot on the subject today. Thanks for the info!
I often wonder if the "shooting stars" I have seen we're meteors

Most shooting star meteors are just dust about the size of a grain of sand or a tiny pebble.. The glow you see from those small meteors is caused by the heating of the atmospheric gasses around the dust grain as the dust grain heats up due to the friction before it vaporizes. That is, most of the visible streak comes from the surrounding gasses, not the grain itself.

Fireball meteors, also sometimes called bolides, are a little different in that they are larger (walnut-sized, baseball-sized, or even larger) and part of the glow you see from them is also parts of the meteor itself as the meteor heats up. For a fireball meteor, you may also see pieces of it breaking off. You won't see that with the small "shooting star" type.

edit on 29/11/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I'm guessing you've studied this for some time

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I noticed that. I just needed to link something. not a fan

It's fine I wasn't having a dig at you, it's just The Sun annoys me. They couldn't go with a headline that states the obvious like 'Bright Green Meteor Spotted Over Russia' they have to make up some silly story. Sorry if my reply seemed it was aimed at you

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

No not at all

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Rocket plumes often appear green as the craft transits the atmosphere.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Hmmm... that's new info for me. Never heard of nickel burning green before.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join