It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian refugee,15, bullied at school in UK

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Huddersfield school refugee 'attack' video: Boy, 16, to be charged

A 16-year-old boy is to be charged with assault after a video showing a 15-year-old Syrian refugee being attacked was shared on social media.
The boy is shown being dragged to the ground at a school in Huddersfield before water is poured into his face.
The video was filmed in a lunch break at Almondbury Community School on 25 October, West Yorkshire Police said.
The force said the older boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, will appear at Youth Court "in due course".
Police initially said they were investigating a report of a racially aggravated assault.
An online fundraising page set up to help the 15-year-old boy and his family has so far raised more than £50,000.
www.bbc.co.uk...

This is hot news in Britain at the minute.

Simple question: Would we have heard about this if the victim had been a white, blond haired, blue eyed boy who spoke English with a regional accent?

Answers on a postcard.

+18 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Did anyone else ask themselves:

Why the hell is this a headline story on the news?!

Blatant propaganda for a reason we will soon find out!!

(I'm not saying it isn't heart wrenching, but I am saying there are lots more things going on, there's a reason this was picked as headline news).

I must say, all this media propaganda lately is so obvious it is insulting to the human race.
edit on 29-11-2018 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

I hope I don't seem to be trivialising bullying because I detest it and far, far too many suffer horrendous torture for no reason at all at the hands of bully's.

Of course the bully was bang out of order and deserves punishing - a clip round the lug, the cane and detention - but headline news?
There's more going on in this world.

So, should it be headline news?
If the answer is no then one has to ask why it is being treat as such and whose agenda does that serve?

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   

It wasn't even a particularly bad case of bullying. I've been bullied worse than that. Yet the perp is going to be prosecuted and the victim's family get 50 grand.

It's all to generate sympathy for the oppressed foreigner.

Boy, I wish I was oppressed like them.
edit on 29.11.2018 by CJCrawley because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley
Agreed, bullying happens in every school, this isn't news it's propaganda.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

The purpose of the story could be to generate sympathy.

It could be to raise support for another wave of refugees.

It could be a surreptitious story to incite debates between the left and the right, ultimately ending in arguments about Brexit.

Whatever the reason, the more I think about this the more I am disturbed by how obvious it is. If it is this obvious to sway the minds of an entire population (or the majority of the population) - then surely we are completely doomed?

I am almost motivated enough to begin a campaign against the media.

EDIT: Or am I being to cynical? Is it just a story with all the right components to get good viewing figures and create a storm? I am dubious about that though because Youtube is full of similar stories.

edit on 29-11-2018 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   
It's newsworthy but not headline news.

'Run of the mill' bullying is passe in news values terms, it's a 'dog bites man' story that happens in every school. This case is different as the family fled a warzone, were granted a safe haven in the UK only to have both children raciallly attacked - this makes it a 'man bites dog' story which is rare and may or may not reflect social undercurrents, with the net result being the general public stood up for the victims (expect a load of op-ed articles on this).

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I remember when I was horribly bullied and it made the news...

Oh wait, no. I don't.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   

First of all....possibly a sad reflection on society today but I feel I must re-iterate that bullying in any form can not be tolerated.

Secondly; a few of us were talking about this briefly in the pub last night and all agreed that whilst the bully needs to be punished someone somewhere is making the proverbial 'mountain out of a molehill'.

I think all but the most naïve can see through this and see it for what it is....a lame attempt at generating sympathy for refugees and demonising white, working class as racist, bullying morons.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I'm glad everyone is seeing this for what it is.

It should go without saying but that is a painful read, and I can't imagine having to go through with that after fleeing my country.

That aside, whatever the agenda, making this a headline story could just make matters worse. Whichever side they're trying to dog whistle, it could just make things like this more prevalent by angering people that they would make this a headline story.

Young boys are for the most part dumb machines that receive much of their command from a new rush of hormones. They should not be displayed as a microcosm of society.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Poor bullies, so many protected classes now they don't even know who it's safe to beat up any more.
I'm sure the reverse never happens because if it did it would be on the news right?
Like the massive rise in white nationalism that's bringing back the KKK.
They're everywhere!

50,000 pounds? was the kid injured?
Don't you have free healthcare there?
Kid needs what that costs $ ?
Do NGO's donate this money to make the public believe there is massive sympathy?
Just things I wonder.
edit on 29-11-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I used to get the crap beaten out of me every day for being in fostercare, and I was in a strange country, funny how I never made the news.

And being pushed to the ground and having water thrown on him by a kid only one year older?

Kid got off lightly, I had it much worse.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Oh, and his sister, too.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I have some experience of these matters. But of course, back then, when I was in school, ALL violence got hushed up as much as possible in order to keep the school from being closed. The rugs in that place sat a good foot off the floor at all times, such was the volume of muck ushered under them by the schools administration.

And it has made the news when incidents similar to this have led white, British kids to suicide or to attempt it, or have led children to become seriously depressed.

Also, I think any event in which a child goes through a playground version of waterboarding, SHOULD be headline news, and it absolutely should be headline news in the event that the child in question is being treated that way because of their origins. The fascist should not be excused because they are young, they should not be permitted to perform these acts absent attention, they should be forced to suffer the negative attention of the nation, and their parents, their friends, their support network should be under scrutiny of such magnitude that they cannot take a crap in private, until or unless they simply cease to hold those Nazi beliefs.

Britons have a duty to those who fought for their futures, to never fail to crush and oppress fascists, wherever they are found.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Of course bullying can not be tolerated and the bully needs punishing.....I don't think anyone has said any other.
But national headline news?

I don't know.

And would it have been national headline news if it had been a white kid getting bullied by a refugee?

I'm not sure about that as well.

One other point; are you saying all bully's are fascists?
Can 'commies' be bully's?

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I'm not sure I agree it is headline news.

There are other despicable things going on in our country daily. Female genital mutilation, pedophilia, domestic abuse on a large scale, human trafficking, abuse of the homeless.

And I am not sure if these 'children' should be labelled as fascists at such an early age. The headmaster should solve this problem.

I think brandishing the fascist label wily-nilly is just as dangerous as waterboarding a 15 year old.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I wonder how many “syrian refugees” commited violent crimes against brits that day? Why didn’t that make the news?

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Im sure there is no bullying going on in the schools from whatever sh##hole hes from.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

The British Propaganda channel is merely preparing the host nation for the a massive influx of people in the next year or so. Iran is about to be taken out any day now, sanctions have been taken to the next level and western militaries are placing in position the means to destroy Iran as a future nuclear threat just like everywhere else in the ME region and its periphery. There's going to be loads more people on the move and we are going to have to do our turn and take some in. In addition to this the radio put out the news yesterday that 50 million Africans are at this very moment making the decision to move to Europe, again that is going to add another dimension for softening up the British people so as to do their part and take in a fair proportion of the ones that make it to Europe. If I'd got some spare dough I'd invest in some cheap inner city housing ight now as we can expect arrivals very soon but I'm broke

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Go to ANY all-whatever school on Earth in human history, and the odd kids are out, they get messed with.

But ZOMG white kids happen to be the majority and a 'race' minority kid in there got bullied and its the end of the world.

Try being white and going to any all black school in any major US city, whether it be in 1998 or 2018, try it I dare you!

Just like the whole premise of trans kids going to the girls room for their "protection", by that same logic fat kids and you name it 'belong' in there too!

FFS

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join