It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trevor Noah "Why the second amendment doesn't apply to black people".

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Here is a clip of trevor noah, from the daily show, commenting on how another innocent black man gets shot by police because he was using his second amendment rights. Interesting how you hardly ever hear of black people getting talked down from a shooting spree or potential one.

Here is the previous thread about the shooting in general: www.abovetopsecret.com... by dreamingawake.

More and more you hear about black people being shot by cops. How do you prevent racism and bias from cops? A cop might not even think he's racist but act completely different in a situation with a black person compared to a white person. Or any minority group for that matter.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

What about all those crackers that get killed by the police?

Non-issue?

Cops be like PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW click click click

I dont think they gaf about the color.
edit on 28-11-2018 by Lysergic because: weird about jumped lines

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

That incident was pretty messed up. If they held them liable for stuff like this, it would happen far less. Split second rule to determine the threat should not be the goto excuse. I was a police officer and I agree with this statement!

But... To lighten the mood:

Hey... It kinda rings true. Don't say that all ya'll gun lovers don't see this the same way as these 2 in the video. It's ok... We're human. We're just uneducated in "Equality" and "Freedom" enough.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

All of your points are already being discussed in the other thread. In the same forum.

If you're not bringing anything new to the discussion, there's no reason to create another thread.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Haha. Well, I'm not black (or a minority) so I can't share personal experience. I just noticed there being a growing amount of black people coming out with the opinion that many cops treat them differently. Especially when it comes to guns.

edit on 28-11-2018 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

If you ain't rich cops treat your differently.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Ahh okay. Well, mods can delete it if they wish.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
Here is a clip of trevor noah, from the daily show, commenting on how another innocent black man gets shot by police because he was using his second amendment rights. Interesting how you hardly ever hear of black people getting talked down from a shooting spree or potential one.

Here is the previous thread about the shooting in general: www.abovetopsecret.com... by dreamingawake.

More and more you hear about black people being shot by cops. How do you prevent racism and bias from cops? A cop might not even think he's racist but act completely different in a situation with a black person compared to a white person. Or any minority group for that matter.

The incident in question is a tragic accident. My issue is that they act as if this is a common occurrence. It isn't. Black people are not being gunned unjustly gunned down innocently on the streets by cops, black or white, in any significant numbers.

Being a black man, I do tend to take certain precautions in how I present myself, particularly around cops. I know how jumpy they are sometimes given how many crazed idiots they come in contact with on a daily basis. As such, I do everything in my power to not come off as a crazed idiot when I interact with them.

Whether you are black or white, waiving a gun around and firing it in a mall just might get you shot even if you are the hero. It is unrealistic to expect that arriving police to a scene are going to know good from bad.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Colion Noir would chew this chump up.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Funny video .

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

What about all those crackers that get killed by the police?

Non-issue?

Cops be like PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW click click click

I dont think they gaf about the color.

True and False. Being in and the grandson of the Police Dept, I can say that there is a difference. When many officers see a black man when they're down on a call, they see that man as an instant threat. It makes them nervous. There IS fear no matter WHAT the issue is. They're seen as unpredictable and aggressive by instinct. Animalistic. They go in 'knowing', They will beat yo ass! Shoot first and don't miss. Dead men can't sue.

When up against a white man... They're seen as hardheaded and predictable. The fear factor is low. There is a lot of back and forth before arrests are made. Unlike black men that will get dropped instantly.

When up against an asian man... They're seen as pretty much harmless.

When up against a mexican man... "I bet he's drunk off his ass... Lets laugh at him a while before we throw him in the back seat. Lets see what he does next".

I know this to be true because I've lived it for a number of years and witnessed it all of my life. Sad but true. For the record... I was NOT this kind of person when I was a LEO. I was considerate, I actually spoke to people and talked things out no matter what color. I HATED arresting anyone because I know what the system does to people.... Yet I was still considered racist! Go figure.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I think some of them see a target rich environment.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

IDK cops seem to shoot first ask questions later especially if they see a weapon (sometimes no weapon) I guess they think they see one who knows.

Not denying they be racist.(everyone be racist)

What I am saying is cops be out of control and are likely to kill anyone in that situation that is holding a gun sure maybe they feel justified because of fear but it is what it is.

props to you for not being a robot

edit on 28-11-2018 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I saw this video a few years ago, i myself still dont understand how the hell you can police anyone who is open carrying a high powered rifle, but hey its your rules, as long as they are applied fairly to all, oh wait...

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Here is a more recent account of cops taking in a white man alive.

Man arrested for Election Day gunshots in WI allegedly threatened to ‘air out’ polling places

A man was arrested after dozens of shots were fired on Election Day.

Cops tend to see black people as criminals, so they tend to shoot first and ask questions later.

Suburban Chicago security guard was killed by police while 'doing his job,' lawyer says

after Roberson had apprehended an alleged gunman, the Midlothian officer shot Roberson outside the bar

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

I saw this video a few years ago, i myself still dont understand how the hell you can police anyone who is open carrying a high powered rifle, but hey its your rules, as long as they are applied fairly to all, oh wait...

Wow, that an interesting social experiment. I honestly don't know why anyone should walk around with an AR-15. Doesn't feel right. Conceal/Open pistol carry sure, but a high-powered assault rifle seems way over-the-top.

Anyway, props to the black man in the video, I'm sure he knew the situation would be much more tense.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Being a black man, I do tend to take certain precautions in how I present myself, particularly around cops
a reply to: Edumakated

Being a white man...so do i. Our hearts drop when we see a cop behind us just the same.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I wonder if some of the black man bias has to do with seeing black on black shootings in high crime areas on TV. Then, not being around a lot of black people, they start associating black men with thug criminals on tv.

Doesn't even have to be intentional, maybe even just subconscious.

Just an idea...

edit on 28-11-2018 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420

Being a black man, I do tend to take certain precautions in how I present myself, particularly around cops
a reply to: Edumakated

Being a white man...so do i. Our hearts drop when we see a cop behind us just the same.

I'm sure your heart does drop smkymcnugget420... haha! Better hide them nugs

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I am sure there is a longer clip but i cant find it at moment they do more interviewing, also I am sure he was aware of the possible danger but I bet he never felt as nervous in his life when car after car rolled up and voices became raised, my heart was pounding and i was only watching

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join