It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man owes 8 Million for accidentally setting fire in Arizona

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
www.usatoday.com...

U.S. border Patrol agent sparked $8M Arizona wildfire with gunshot at gender-reveal party

Ok, this guy was dumb for doing a gender reveal party this way (by the way what is up with these crazy gender reveals these days, who freaking cares. We all know, it is either going to be a boy or a girl, or binary or whatever! nobody cares!)

So this guy has two targets, boy and girl. He make a shot and suddenly the explosion starts a fire. He immediately reports it.
No good deed goes unpunished!

As part of a plea agreement, Dickey agreed to a sentence of five years’ probation and to pay restitution totaling more than $8.1 million. He agreed to make an initial $100,000 payment and monthly payments thereafter, officials said.

I read that after that initial payment he will pay 500 a month, and as his salary grows he will pay more.

Seriously, I commend this guy for stepping forward and doing the right thing, but after reading this ruling how many people that accidentally set a fire are going to call for help now?

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Good. Stupidity should be painful.

Guns are NOT toys. Quit doing stupid # with guns!

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
In conditions like that where it is so dry, why would anyone use Tannerite?

The guy deserves the fine for being stupid.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Seems like an impossible amount to pay as a lowly border patrol agent.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

He was able to pay $100,000 just like that? He must be loaded then so fair do's to the guy but if someone who hasn't got much cash does something similar, I can't see them stepping forward.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
$500 won't cover the interest and there's always interest he's just trying to find a way out.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I mean, don't play with guns. No one cares what the sex of your child is anyway. $8M though? Just seems realllllly excessive comparatively.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
So, even if he were to pay double per month ($1000), it would only take him about 666 years to pay off. Seems logical.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Personal responsibility.

Sucks to be him.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

He was able to pay $100,000 just like that? He must be loaded then so fair do's to the guy but if someone who hasn't got much cash does something similar, I can't see them stepping forward.

I thought that at first too, I wonder if that is what he had in insurance or something.

link   

He needs to name his kid, "Banqruupt", or some fancy name!

edit on 28-11-2018 by recrisp because: (no reason given)

link   
Only an idiot would think

Hey man I should do this explosion near all this dead dry grass.

This mother#er oughta be caned in public.

Didn't even bring 1 fire extinguisher.

You're an idiot who deserves 0 mercy.
edit on 28-11-2018 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart
I mean, don't play with guns. No one cares what the sex of your child is anyway. $8M though? Just seems realllllly excessive comparatively.

Yes, they are basically giving him a life sentence financially.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Hey but at least you got to make your lame ass video.

Hope that juice was worth that squeeze.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Be sure to monetize it and use copyright claims to strike other from profiting from your idiocy.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I'm being dead serious when I say that public canning would solve a lot of our society's ills

I was 5 years old, I decided to dress up in my Sunday best, go outside at 6am and find my little neighbor boyfriend to go ride our bikes.

When my mom woke up and couldn't find me she flipped out. When she saw me outside, LORD HAVE MERCY....
She ran out with a big stick and whipped my butt right in front of the entire neighborhood. I was so embarrassed, I still had my little purse on my arm. You best believe that I never went outside again without telling her. hahah those were the good days!

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
It's called liability. He caused it, he is responsible for the damages. Just like a car accident. It may have been an accident (i.e., not intentional) but that does not forgive him from the financial responsibility of the damages he caused. Sure, he could have not reported it, but if they found out who started it, then he would have been charged with felony arson. He's an idiot and deserves the punishment.

On the bright side, his homeowners insurance covered his attorney costs (yes, you have liability insurance under your homeowners policy) and they paid out the first $100,000 installment (probably his policy limits).

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
So...was it a boy or a girl?

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
$500 won't cover the interest and there's always interest he's just trying to find a way out.

There's usually not interest on fines to the govt when you're paying installments.

At least not that I've ever had or seen.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Lysergic

I'm being dead serious when I say that public canning would solve a lot of our society's ills

I was 5 years old, I decided to dress up in my Sunday best, go outside at 6am and find my little neighbor boyfriend to go ride our bikes.

When my mom woke up and couldn't find me she flipped out. When she saw me outside, LORD HAVE MERCY....
She ran out with a big stick and whipped my butt right in front of the entire neighborhood. I was so embarrassed, I still had my little purse on my arm. You best believe that I never went outside again without telling her. hahah those were the good days!

You need permission to go out with boys at five. Did the spanking help make it so you didn't disappear with the boys when you were a teenager?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join