It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This 11-year-old Yemeni boy survived an airstrike that killed 45 kids

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Of the 54 people killed in that attack, 45 of them were children between the ages of 6 and 15. Hours later, Saudi coalition spokesman Col. Turki al-Maliki said on TV that the strike was made in retaliation against a Houthi rebel militia missile attack on the Saudi-Yemeni border the night before, telling Al-Arabiya that Houthi “operatives” were aboard alongside the children.

This 11-year-old Yemeni boy survived an airstrike that killed 45 kids

This is terrible news and I didn't see any mention on mainstream television news. How is it that Obama and Bush got tons of criticism for their foreign policy, yet Trump is able to be untouched by criticism from his supporters?

Or even just forget about presidents. Why is their little protest for our support of Saudi Arabia? Do Americans think the ends justify the means? Personally, I can't support a country like this. They are opposite of the growing American culture in nearly everyway.

Still think that killing a journalist and 45 kids isn't bad enough? How about a history of butchery, slavery, and complete dissident suppression? Doesn't this bother ATS conspiracy-minded members at all? How we are cozy to certain terrible M.E. nations, yet rabid enemies to others?

Here is a great video by Abbey Martin:

Are morals and ethics only important in American soil? Can Americans fight for women rights, homosexual/trans rights, minority rights, and press freedom so avidly in America, BUT silently support Saudi Arabia's iron fist that crushes all attempts to show a trace of these rights? Torturing anyone who goes against their harsh rule.

Would you feel comfortable with north korean royalty (or elites) riding around in wealthy cars and having a free fun time in America? If not, then why would you support Saudi Arabia which commits much of the same human rights violations.

Any thoughts?

edit on 27-11-2018 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Sadly a lot of America doesn't give a #, as long as that SA money keeps coming.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

this kid survived and 45 others died????

damn

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Whenever a child survives these attacks we can only thank whomever was responsible; God; People; luck.

Thanks whoever was responsible!

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Whenever a child survives these attacks we can only thank whomever was responsible; God; People; luck.

We can also question why we support a government that does this!

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Sadly a lot of America doesn't give a #, as long as that SA money keeps coming.

I don't get it. We are allowed to demonize other nations, but we're cool with nations commiting similair crimes. From a government / American empire side, it's all about power and control.

What suprises me, is that ALOT more people are starting to realize this and wake-up, yet still don't care.

I may be wrong, but I think Trump will create ALOT of apathy. When he leaves office and leaves a trail of swamp dust (and creatures) and QANON dies, conspiracy theorists will lose hope that any politician can make a difference.

Hope I'm wrong though. Plenty of time for change.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

this kid survived and 45 others died????

damn

That Vice episode is very unsettling in many ways. The air strike happened in early August and they recently went back to the scene with the boy who was in the bus, who survived. I think his dad was with him when they went back. If you look at the video, the dad picks up two body parts (3+ months after the bombing), a foot and possibly another foot or hand. Holds them with his bare hands like there is nothing wrong with this and then throws them back on the ground - all while flies land on their faces (father & son) - it seems extremely gross to have body parts rotting in an accessible street. I would think people would use something to touch the part, not bare hands and then continue on like there is no worry of disease. If that is how they treat hygiene, THAT is why we need to screen immigrants and choose the types of people who come in. Bringing that type of mentality to a civilized nation is a sure recipe for spreading horrific diseases simply b/c the immigrants lack the knowledge of what is "clean".

I'm sure there will be snowflakes yelling "not all are like that". Your right, but we dont' want the ones who are.

edit on 11 27 2018 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

originally posted by: Jonjonj

We can also question why we support a government that does this!

Do you understand the reason for the war? They are fighting insurgents (backed by Iran). SA is fighting Iran on their border. The insurgents are using CHILDREN as human shields - go figure.

So you can complain all you want about these things but it's not going to stop the fact that SA is trying to stop Iran from entrenching itself on SA's border where it can launch it's suicide attacks right across the border. This won't end well for anyone in Yemen until they decide to stop giving shelter and aid to Houthi rebels or until Iran stops giving the rebels aid.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

This is terrible news and I didn't see any mention on mainstream television news. How is it that Obama and Bush got tons of criticism for their foreign policy, yet Trump is able to be untouched by criticism from his supporters?

If I can be so bold... Bush was criticized by his supporters because he didn't do what he said he was going to do. He was similar to his dad, promised the moon, then left the job halfway completed while marching around tooting his own horn. Obama ran promising he'd handle things completely different than Bush, which his supporters believed, then he proceeded to oversee a diplomatic policy which was eerily similar to Bush's in multiple ways... not identical, but not a sweeping change as he'd lead his voters to believe. Trump ran on a platform of non-intervention unless US interests were directly threatened, which is being followed through on here. I'm quite happy with the US allowing Saudi Arabia to handle their own security as they see fit so long as American lives aren't impacted by it, same as I am with any other country.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

The MSM rarely ever reports on stories like these because they're all corporate whores who do what they're told. They were complicit during the Iraq invasion and continue to be all the way to present day.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

The picture is in reference to the movie unbreakable in which the main character cannot be killed from physical harm or impact, or at the very least, it would take a lot more than his environment has to offer.

Fun fact, Quintin Tarantino believes Unbreakable is the best superhero movie ever made and a perfect "What if Superman didn't know or believe he was actually Superman"

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

That Vice episode is very unsettling in many ways. The air strike happened in early August and they recently went back to the scene with the boy who was in the bus, who survived. I think his dad was with him when they went back. If you look at the video, the dad picks up two body parts (3+ months after the bombing), a foot and possibly another foot or hand. Holds them with his bare hands like there is nothing wrong with this and then throws them back on the ground - all while flies land on their faces (father & son) - it seems extremely gross to have body parts rotting in an accessible street. I would think people would use something to touch the part, not bare hands and then continue on like there is no worry of disease. If that is how they treat hygiene, THAT is why we need to screen immigrants and choose the types of people who come in. Bringing that type of mentality to a civilized nation is a sure recipe for spreading horrific diseases simply b/c the immigrants lack the knowledge of what is "clean".

I'm sure there will be snowflakes yelling "not all are like that". Your right, but we dont' want the ones who are.

no idea what youre talking about

was the dad in your story bruce willis?
was bruce willis on vice?
edit on 27-11-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

So bombing children is the awnser? Isn't that the same logic behind Israel committing countless crimes against Palestinians?

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

no idea what youre talking about

was the dad in your story bruce willis?
was bruce willis on vice?

Vice News is the website and thus the content is a Vice episode. The rest of his paragraph is..dunno.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   

So bombing children is the awnser? Isn't that the same logic behind Israel committing countless crimes against Palestinians?

...preciptated by the Palestinians blowing up Israeli civilians (including children) in suicide bombings and lobbing mortars into Israeli neighborhoods, then embedding themselves among their own civilians and children in Palestine. Let's be realistic here, we're dealing with groups that enact Operation Human Shield after they attack another country and then act outraged when their enemy retaliates by striking out at them while they cower like scalded dogs amongst their own noncombatants.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

That does make sense regarding why Trump supporters don't denounce Trump for non-intervention. I would just like to see Trump not act so friendly to leaders of nations that do terrible things.

It's just an insult to the people who we're harmed by these cruel men.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Kids in that part of the world are not kids like here in america at 11 yrs old. they are capable as any adult.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

11 year olds on a school field trip..... American propaganda really got to you mate! Morals don't matter cause they ain't American!

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So the awnser is to strike back 10x as hard and hurt 10x as many civilians? You can't seriously justify Israel or Saudi Arabia.

And why sympathize with Israel instead of Palestinians??? You could easily just say Israel started it by shooting protesters, targeting groins, killing outspoken Palestinians, taking away their homes every year, etc... etc...

Only difference is that the American media calls Yemen and Palestinian terrorists.

Just sounds like you're falling for the ol' "we just want peace but the keep attacking us" BS argument.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Lets cross our fingers and hope for better.
We should acknowledge it wouldn't be easy to cut ties, but at some point, a stand needs to be made.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join