It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 3.2 Gigapixel Camera to Photograph the night sky.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 03:38 AM
link   
High all new camera to photograph the sky have a look

3.2 Gigapixel Camera

The sensor is 189 CCD sensors working as one large sensor.

Picture below gives an idea of size a coverage of the sky.
Sensor

Over a 10 year period, it will capture more than 800 15-second exposure photos of the sky on a nightly basis, with each exposure covering 49 times more sky area than the moon.

At this rate, the camera will photograph the entire visible sky twice a week. A whopping 6 petabytes of data will be recorded every year by the camera, allowing researchers to gain a better understanding of our universe.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Let's see those UFO's hide from this, ha ha

Seriously though I'd love to be able to see a 3D image of that, just get lost in the stars...

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Really cool.

That reminds me though, whatever happened to those Hubble Class space telescopes the NRO found in a warehouse they had forgotten about?

I think I remember there were two of them and they were giving one to NASA.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

Seriously though I'd love to be able to see a 3D image of that, just get lost in the stars...

There are Gigapixel images of London and other major cities. The fun thing was trying to find all the top floor apartments that had been converted into weed farms as the windows were covered with Aluminium foil.

360gigapixels.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

I love the detail in these things, it's really cool...

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Just marking for later review.

There is a drone out there that uses this exact tech and is scary to watch how much information it can suck up
edit on 26-11-2018 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Dude, I would be the coolest paparazzi if I had that.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
that camera is made for large, far away and static objects, not close, small and moving objects
so sorry no UFOs

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord
that camera is made for large, far away and static objects, not close, small and moving objects
so sorry no UFOs
uhhh, technically, that can go both ways.

I mean, aren't some UFOs, large, far away and static, sometimes?

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

not far away enough

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Why be so amazed at these cameras? In 1981 the space shuttle Columbia was shown live on TV landing. Now it just so happens that the camera was showing the shuttle clearly 200 miles down range. That's a camera imaging a moving object clearly 200 miles away. Now that was 1981, that's 36 years ago, and your telling me now that this is all they've come up with. Naah.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Dude, I would be the coolest paparazzi if I had that.

You would want a telephoto lens with a 1500 to 5000 mm focal length. Just divide by 50 to get the effective magnification. So that's x30 to x100 magnification.

www.pixsy.com...

They had one of these mounted on a police helicopter and from 3 miles away, they could zoom in on a single person and watch them move around.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Yes a tv camera back then 480p res if NTSC my 16mp DSLR is way above the TV cameea you mention so what do you think 3,200,000,000 pixels sensor would be like.

If you read the link it can resolve 2 car headlights at 400 miles thats a lot smaller than the shuttle

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

In theory but its all about light gathering when it comes to telescopes especially if you want to look deeper into space.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: djz3ro

There are Gigapixel images of London and other major cities. The fun thing was trying to find all the top floor apartments that had been converted into weed farms as the windows were covered with Aluminium foil.

360gigapixels.com...

Wow, I found one of those old projectors that the teachers used to write on in front of class, it would project onto the white projector screen that would roll down... Back in the 90's before they got rid of them.

This is from the pic of London. Can you find it?

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Plenty of cameras around if you want to look at the night sky for UFOs. The problem with pointing cameras at the sky and hoping a UFO crosses it front of it is that you have to be looking at it all the time to see it. Here's a webcam pointed at Blanca Peak in Colorado. Lots of sky. Perfectly good place for a UFO. Are you going to watch it all day and all night?
www.coloradowebcam.net...

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Yes I have seen them for other cities as well one was claimed to have a topless sunbather on the roof of a building.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Are you going to watch it all day and all night?
www.coloradowebcam.net...

Dopey me. I caught this one:

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
LSST data what they hope to see and image slide presentation in a pdf format.

Link below to 26mb pdf.

Goals

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

it seems to have a trail
airplane?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join