It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Conflict thread. Russian navy opens fire on Ukrainian vessels. US to Respond......

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I am sure the incoming elections in Ukraine are very very democratic right?
puppet vs puppet.

Lets see your and your country's logic 101.

Russia having Elections:Undemocratic, dictatorship.

The only reason you Americans and the Western Mainstream News Media is calling Putin a dictator and Russia a dictatorship are simply because of two things.

1.Russia prevented NATO and Americans from taking over Crimea, NATO/America wanted to build a naval base in Crimea which they would have being alot closer to Russia's own borders.

Do you honestly take the Russians for stupid? the Russians know that fact. But of course MSM outlets would never say why NATO or America has a huge interest in Crimea.

2.Syria. The Russians prevented Syria from turning into another cluster failure as Libya is currently now. Half of the world knows this by now.

Russia BAD! PUTIN BADMAN! for not letting America continue its military conquests!

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AtlasHawk

The mayor of Kiev was elected in June of 2014.

Instead of regurgitating the talking points given by the Kremlin, you may want to take two minutes and look up the mayor of Kiev.

That way you won't come across as a Russian shill.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

You Americans blame Russia for supposedly taking over Crimea in a region where 98% of the population are ethnic Eastern Slavic and Russian.

Yet u Americans have no problems committing war crimes as you are doing so in Yemen or by siding with human organ traffickers like in Kosovo.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
well you can almost see the scenario being constructed.
it appears the one fatality of the encounter was a ukie sailor shot for refusing to fire on the russian vessels.
also rumours of uk involvement.
nothing like a good war to keep a corrupt gov in power.
looks like the uk has about the same level of integrity as the ukraine.

www.zerohedge.com...
www.zerohedge.com...

BBC opened new Monitoring Bureau in Kiev in 2005
BBC Media Action also working (disrupting) in the Ukraine…
Initiative paid for by British government via Foreign and Commonwealth Office
NATO’s Stoltenberg coincidentally meets Ukrainian Parliament Chairman
No media opportunity to cover the meeting
Integrity Initiative: Edward Lucas – West again failing test set by ‘Russian aggression’
Edward Lucas fomenting war with Russia…?
BBC one-sided bias: why Ukraine-Russia sea clash is fraught with risk
Ukraine admits counter-intelligence officers were on board captured boats…
War propaganda is openly in view – a pretext to conflict…?

www.ukcolumn.org...

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

According to you. Everyone is a Russian shill or Kremlin bot if you don't agree with my NARRATIVE or MSM Narrative!

Your sound alot more like those Hillary fan bots.

Everyone is a Russian bot if they.
-don't agree that Russia invaded Ukraine and take over Crimea
-Russia commting war crimes in Syria.

Save your nonsense ok Pro American gov fan boy? at least the world is finally noticed how America is committing war crimes in Yemen.
edit on 28-11-2018 by AtlasHawk because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-11-2018 by AtlasHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Before you start attacking users as Russian bots or shill i suggest the next you think before you start accusing others of that ok?

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

You literally went in to the "Putin is strongest there is narrative," while not actually looking up the mayor of Kiev. I think you still haven't done the basic level of research on him. Which is hilarious considering my original comment was made in a joking manner. You're the one who felt the need to defend Dear Leader's honor and start regurgitating all the reasons the US is horrible.

Guess what? I agree with you. What's going on in Yemen is horrific and the US needs to be punished for their role. Hillary would have made a horrible President, but Trump isn't really proving himself to be much better. I'll go even farther. Obama's immigration policy was an atrocity and anyone who criticizes Trump for what he's doing now while giving Obama a pass is a hypocrite.

So now that I've destroyed your narrative that I'm a Hillary loving, Left WIng, shill what's you're excuse for spitting out everything the Kremlin says?

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

a day without blood is like a day without sunshine, eh?

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: username74

Sadly that does seem to be the case in the US these days.

I listen to a morning show that broadcasts out of Baltimore every morning on my way to work. This morning they were talking about a story where a three year old was grazed by a stray bullet. They said at this point they are pretty much numb to it because it's more becoming such a regular occurrence.

A few weeks ago a five year old was hit by a bullet. People tried to blame the grandmother for taking the girl to get candy at 6 o'clock at night.

Granted, Baltimore is pretty much the worst city in the country but similar sentiments have spread across the country. Just look at the reaction anytime there's a mass shooting. The death count no longer matters. We're numb to that. Now all that matters is the political points that can be gained and who, other than the actual shooter, we can blame.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Lad, get that 70's collection on in the car.
you'll drive yourself bat# listening to the social fabric tearing on the radio.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Germany refuses to stand up to Russia they're part of NATO as well, so military action will not be met in kind ? Sanctions are a joke obviously....

Ukraine asks for NATO vessels in Sea of Azov over Russia standoff

In response, German Chancellor Angela Merkel on Thursday called on Kiev "to be sensible" and said there was no military solution to the dispute.

www.aljazeera.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtlasHawk
Yet u Americans have no problems committing war crimes as you are doing so in Yemen or by siding with human organ traffickers like in Kosovo.

What is wrong with warring in Yemen and gathering organs in Kosovo?

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

standing up to russia implying that germany is being threatened somehow?
sanctions never seem to stray into energy distribution, ever noticed.
the spice must flow...
Ukraine, or more accurately poreshenko would like nato to go to war with russia because he would like his facist regime to stay in power please.
it was in fact a civil dispute, a border violation. the ships are now booty and must be bought back.sailors are returned bar 3 pending legal proceedings.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

you will also have noted the stated british intention to send royal navy vessel next year.
this is the stage being set for further geopoliitic mischief

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Called it. EU and NATO hanging Ukraine out to dry:

EU, NATO React Coolly To Ukraine's Call For New Moves Against Russia

Spokeswoman Oana Lungescu said NATO ships routinely patrol and conduct exercises in the Black Sea, with NATO ships already present in the region for 120 days this year as compared with 80 days last year.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel rebuffed Poroshenko's call for increasing military pressure on Russia, saying "we can only resolve this in talks with one another because there is no military solution to all of these conflicts. Nevertheless, we ask Ukraine as well to be sensible. We know that we can only solve things by being reasonable and holding dialogue," Merkel said. Addressing Poroshenko's demand that the European Union impose more sanctions on Russia or increase enforcement of existing sanctions against Russia and businesses and individuals in Russia-annexed Crimea, Merkel took a non-committal approach like that adopted by the EU on November 28 when it said it would "act appropriately" as it continues to monitor the situation.

Merkel also dismissed a U.S. and Ukrainian suggestion that the EU increase pressure on Russia by canceling the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline project to funnel Russian gas directly to Germany through the Baltic Sea, bypassing a pipeline running through Ukraine.

And there's this:

Meanwhile, Poroshenko praised U.S. President Donald Trump's decision not to meet with Putin at the G-20 meeting in Argentina this weekend out of concern that Moscow has not returned Ukraine's ships and sailors.

"This is how great leaders act!" Poroshenko said in an English comment on Twitter.

Uhh... the guy is under investigation by our court system for Russian collusion for the past 2 years (and American media is reporting on this investigation AS I TYPE THIS).

Does this Poroshenko guy realize how incredibly #ing stupid and crazy he sounds right now?
edit on 30-11-2018 by IndyFront because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2018 by IndyFront because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Wow, you are sound like you are defending Hitler. That is the exact same reasoning he used to justify the invasion that led to ww2. a reply to: AtlasHawk

edit on 30-11-2018 by soundguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: IndyFront
interesting
the naval stunt could partially serve as an obstruction to trump and putin meeting. there is rumour of u.k. involvement
the donald has reduced his attack surfaces.
interesting... merkel is caught between fuel and geo strategic relation to russia and the eu globalist stance on americas new isolationist c.e.o.
i smell desperation

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

how is this related to hitler?

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Perhaps you need to read the statement I replied to. Then look up hitlers reasoning and justification for his first invasion. The person I replied too was using the same argument. a reply to: username74

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

i did. i just read the last two pages again thinking i am blind.
whats your point?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join