It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey Tetrazzini?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Your mom made it, everybody probably hated it. It was the dying leftovers of the T-Day turkey, but there's a better way!

Ingredients:

(1) 1/4 lb of butter
12oz of spags
(4) cloves of garlic minced
(1) brick of parmi...grated
(1) bag of frozen peas
(2) cups of cooked turkey
(1) jar of 4-Cheese alfredo sauce

Cook the pasta in water, with a dash of olive oil and a bunch of fresh ground black pepper.

Get some crumini's, quarter them, about 4 cloves of garlic; get some dry white wine, and a bunch of butter. Cook up some spags (I prefer thin), about 12oz.

Melt that butter, dump in the garlic and the shrooms and let them cook for 3-4 minutes. Then dump in about a cup of dry wine (more if you like wine flavor).

Grate up a whole brick of Parmi.

When the spags are done, drain them thoroughly, and put a layer on a 13x9 pan. Layer some of the parmi over the spags, then apply another layer of parmi.

Add the 4 Cheese sauce and bring to a boil, reduce. (keep in mind the pan of spags is just waiting for you now). Reduce the sauce (with the wine) to a medium reduction. Mix the turkey in with the sauce and goodies. ...as much turkey as you want (less is more for me) (Note, you could do this dish without turkey at all and it would be fantastic!!!!)_

Tell me how many people raved about your dish!!

They WILL!!

THEN, pour the sauce over the spags and turkey

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Your turkey will disappear in a moment with this recipe!

The combo of the dry white wine and the parmi is too much to resist.

People will take this stuff from your house by the bucket load!

Sprinkle a little Asiago on it, and some fresh pepper...OH MAN!! LOOK OUT!!

It's an incredible dish!

Note: I almost forgot the turkey on this dish tonight!! It's THAT good!

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

OMG that sounds good man!
Thanks for the recipe, again.

Btw how was your trip? Still freaked out by that quake?

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I LOVE tetrazzini, but I make it way different. Boil the noodles, mix the cooked noodles with the Turkey, a can of cream of mushroom, and a can of cream of celery. Put half inch layers in your casserole dish with quarter inch layers of velveeta in between each layer. I put salt, pepper, and garlic in the noodle mix too. Easy, and delicious.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   
That has a whole lot of free glutamates in the recipe, it will put people into lala land for a couple of hours. Ummami tastes really good, but is bad for some people who cannot break it down properly. I am one of those who has a hard time breaking it down, I used that chemistry to help dope myself up so I would not be overthinking for three decades.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

My mom used to make something nearly identical but with the wide egg noodles. No Alfredo sauce, more a gravy if you will. She would freeze some also, we cooked BIG turkeys and a lot of left overs.

Nice memories!

new topics

top topics

join