It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live from the Heart of the Storm

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Welcome to Canada Kets!

Please do bundle up and stay warm!

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Wow the pictures look great. When the weather turns your life upside down for a few days.

Is this a one off storm of an annual thing?

It's Sunday 9pm where I am and if the fields outside were like that I'd be out there, having fun, safe in the knowledge I couldn't get to work tomorrow.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

The last time we had a blizzard warning in this area was January of 2011. So it's possible, but very rare.

The odd thing about this is that we're having it in November. That's practically unheard of, not unprecedented as in first ever, but something that almost never happens.

Blizzards are much more common over western parts of Kansas where they have more open ground. We have enough trees here that it's harder to get the high, sustained winds like we have today.
edit on 25-11-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I love to see an occasional snow now and then but after a few days of it I'm just as happy to see it go.

Here it always turns wet messy and sloppy after the 1st day because it doesn't stay cold enough to sustain a dry powdery snow.

Enjoy it while it last!

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Hit or miss way down here where I live but I do remember playing football in a Thanksgiving snow during my senior year in high school, 1969. Have seen some doozies in the past.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Notice the stop sign.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Have heard Oregon weather tends to depress people. Goes a long way explaining you.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Looks like a normal winter day where I live. Its funny to, theres not a single person playing outside. meanwhile I'd be out building my snow fort in the middle of the blizzard. #canadianliving

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Michigan's ready, willing & able, just waiting for this baby to arrive
Not kidding, my neighbors are practically giddy at the prospect of 6-12 inches, if we get that lucky. My kids are glued to the living room window waiting for it to start snowing. Not yet, ladies, not yet.

If I'm to listen to the animals in the house, the bird and the rabbit have been inhaling their food at a higher than normal rate the last few days, so I'm guessing an instinctual need to build up the body fat going on there. I get the feeling they can tell something's coming.
The cat's just been burying himself under blankets and generally isn't that reliable an indicator of anything beyond "It's gon' be cold."

My husband's none too thrilled, though. He switched from nights to days, and the weather isn't going to be very nice for his first early AM commute tomorrow. I said, "Well, you'd have been driving home in it if you'd stayed on nights, so you were getting the short straw & driving in it one way or the other." I got a bit of a dirty look for that, lol.
edit on 11/25/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Ours has been uncharacteristically reluctant to go out today.

I think the poor visibility has him spooked. I showed him some video of a plow working in real white out further west, and he says he's scared he won't be able to find his way back. I don't think the kids next door are home, and the ones on the other side are sucked into their game console.

I'll bet he's home from school tomorrow and he'll be out while his father does the drive.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Ours has been uncharacteristically reluctant to go out today.

I think the poor visibility has him spooked. I showed him some video of a plow working in real white out further west, and he says he's scared he won't be able to find his way back. I don't think the kids next door are home, and the ones on the other side are sucked into their game console.

I'll bet he's home from school tomorrow and he'll be out while his father does the drive.

The kids in the neighborhood are already banging on each other's (and ours) doors in preparation for tomorrow, "You wanna have a snowball war tomorrow? We can built forts and stuff!"
Everybody's pretty positive the brick & mortar school kids are getting a snow day tomorrow, but it's the homeschooled kids in the neighborhood that are planning this snowball war

edit on 11/25/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

If ours has to go in, the snowball wars happen while waiting on the bus.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
64 degrees, sunny and clear skies here.

The rains have all but extinguished the fires in NorCal, and the air is finally breathable again.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join