It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit Donald Tusk tells European Union to approve deal

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: SprocketUK

That's because it been herd before.

Our disparity where our treatment of OAP is concerned is rather apparent.

Nomatter which way you care to look at it.

Are you speaking from experience?

Speaking as an OAP therefor from experience I am doing fine.

The biggest plight for the aged is loneliness ..... and thats down to

families not governments.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Please show me how 'a mob' has ruled democracy?

You don't like the idea of the UK leaving the EU - I get that, for a variety of reasons.

Why is it so hard for you to understand that we DO NOT WANT POLITICAL UNION WITH THE EU.

Its not mob rule, its not xenophobic paranoia, its not rabid bigotry or racist anti-Europeanism....its just that we want our own democratically elected assembly to draft and make laws for the UK and not unelected commissars and bureaucrats whose interests may be at odds with the wishes and best interests of the British people.

Yes, we still want to trade with our European neighbours and friends.
Yes, we will still have many shared interests etc.

We just don't want political union....

I've spoken to many Europeans and the vast majority just don't seem to understand that one simple fact.

Anti-EU is not anti-European.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

From what I understand, Brexit is dead.

The anti-Brexit crowd along with the EU are going to basically ignore the sovereign wishes of the UK.

Sucks bad.

Sorry guys.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

According to UK law we are leaving on the 29th March 2019.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
Brexit: Donald Tusk tells European Union to approve deal

Please be true to end this dragged out nonsense, hell i voted Brexit but even I would change my mind if it dragged on much longer, although i do think we should never been asked to vote, what the hell do I (or the majority of the general public) know about the intricacy of international trade deals,

This is the reason I voted Remain, other than Scotland having a different relationship with the EU, there was never going to be a good deal, the politicians clearly had no plan in pkace to implement brexit there was no good reason to vote for it, not one.

The people's vote would be very different if held now I feel.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

According to UK law we are leaving on the 29th March 2019.

Only IF the EU allows it.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

How can they stop us?

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

How can they stop us?

Might want to check with Parliament.

According to Nigel Farage, the Brexit final deal is contingent on the EU making the final decision as to whether the UK can leave.

He said, (and I'm paraphrasing) "It's like voluntarily going to prison and then asking permission to leave."

Fox just interviewed him.

So I'm basically going by what I'm hearing here.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

its just that we want our own democratically elected assembly to draft and make laws for the UK and not unelected commissars and bureaucrats whose interests may be at odds with the wishes and best interests of the British people.

It's funny, when you word it like that anyone would think that Britain just sat back and took whatever laws the EU thrust on them as opposed to being the leaders and rule makers they really were.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

there was no good reason to vote for it, not one.

Really?

Getting back control of our laws?

Not being dictated to by the EU?

Getting back control of our borders?

Stopping having to pay into the EU - after Germany the UK is the biggest cash contributor?

An end to "Qualified majority voting " whereby other EU countries get to tell us what to do?

Getting proper blue passports back?

Getting back proper lightbulbs?

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Yes, but if there is no deal we leave without one. How can the EU stop us?

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Yes, but if there is no deal we leave without one. How can the EU stop us?

I will be cheering you on when you do leave!

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Thank you. i wonder which country will be next to leave? Lot's of eyes are upon us.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

To be honest, I thought Greece would have left before the UK. But Germany keeps reeling them in even though their economy is in the tank.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Netherlands? Italy?

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Netherlands? Italy?

Not from what I'm hearing, but I don't live in Europe any longer so I don't get the news like I once did.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

The reason the EU is playing hard ball and being so punitive in their negotiations with the UK on the terms of Brexit is because they want to deter any other EU member states from following the UK's lead.

The EU has spoken about trying to make it impossible for individual member states to carry out similar referendums on EU membership without EU permission. As far as I'm aware this is only talk and no real proposals have emerged yet....but I wouldn't discount the possibility in the near future.

As I'm sure you are aware there is talk of an EU army....I wonder what that could be used for in the future?

There are lots of people in most of the EU nations who wish they could follow the UK's lead.

We can't even talk about the myth that is Pan-European unity.

edit on 26/11/18 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: tinymind
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

If the Brits are really wanting to leave the E U, why not give up Northern Ireland and not have to worry about a border there.
I would think this one thing would make the negotiations go a lot faster.
Why do they think they should stay there anyway?

Do you get rid of friends and relatives just because things become inconvenient??

Not exactly.

You allow people who live in a country to re-unify itself by pulling out the army of another country which has occupied it for a few hundred years. The people will,of course, have to live together, like any other civilized country, but most of the infrastructure is in place for this to happen once outside influence is lessened.

Of course, I am not holding my breath for this to happen. I just think it would be a good time for the British government to find a valid reason settle a very old dispute.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

This is the reason I voted Remain, other than Scotland having a different relationship with the EU, there was never going to be a good deal, the politicians clearly had no plan in pkace to implement brexit there was no good reason to vote for it, not one.

Typical remainer attitude ....... No vision and can't be bothered every

thing is too strenuous

The people's vote would be very different if held now I feel.

Wouldn't bank on it ......No one including Cameron or the EU thought it

would happen in the first place.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: tinymind

I don't know if you read my post at the bottom of page 2, www.abovetopsecret.com... .

I'm not sure if you're aware of the peace process in Ulster but gone are the days when there was an endless stream of British Army patrolling the streets.

Things have improved immensely in Northern Ireland.

Sure there's still a few arseholes on both sides who want to perpetuate the hatred and violence but they are a very small minority.

You seem to be apportioning all the blame for The Troubles on the British government etc....that's an incredibly simplistic, naïve and incorrect viewpoint.

The last time I checked support for Northern Ireland to remain in the UK has actually increased, even in traditional Nationalist areas.
As long as this is the case then Ulster will be part of the UK, as I said before, this is non-negotiable.

Perhaps you could start a thread on this and we could discuss this at length and in detail without derailing this thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join