It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Connectivity, latency, and star & flag function

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Run Ghostery and see all of the idiots that want to try and inject tracking while on ATS. This is the problem. While most of them pass the ICAN test for legitimacy, they sell detected identities to the black web. Believe it or not.

And.. it is not ATS, it is your browser and how you manage it.
edit on 24-11-2018 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv
Haven't run any purges yet but did activate Ghostery just now. Running as a trusted site with 1 add tracker and 2 site analytics. Google and Score Card Research Beacon.
Gonna delete cookies soon and see if that helps.

Hate to run ATS as untrusted. Do you recommend?

edit on 24-11-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

Will Firefox not delete the cookies you referred to?

Have also run add blocker and privacy badger. Disabled both because of complications.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

I say trust ATS, as it is the originators of this site we are trusting.
I have to have faith in their diligence in advertisers as well
You are really protecting yourself against the external crackpots that want to discover something unique about you that can be offloaded to other trackers and who knows what.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv What about deleting cookies with Firefox. Will that not suffice?

Surprised management isn't jumping in here and offering suggestions.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

edit on 24-11-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
a reply to: charlyv What about deleting cookies with Firefox. Will that not suffice?

Surprised management isn't jumping in here and offering suggestions.

Deleting cookies with Firefox will be ok , however, compared to Chrome.... you have 3x trackers to deal with.
Not a Mozilla fan.

ATS management understands the internet dilemma... They are at sea with Icebergs, like the rest of the WWW world.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I'm on a satellite service. I think Viasat offers an optimized chrome browser. May try it.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

One thing I discovered the other day..I accidentally used a different browser that had adblocking, waaaaaay faster with that, no delays that I noticed in the 5-10 mins I used it.
to note..adblocking is not allowed on ATS.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Yes, but blocking trackers is legitimate. This is what leads to advertisers picking up a scent trail on you. Plus, all of those tracker search cookies running in the background can cause all sorts of delays, including the "Attempting to establish a secure connection" bull# that has 90% of the population saying... ok ... as long as it is secure.......

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

adblocking is not allowed on ATS.

I understand that and have it disabled here , if not universally most of the time. I understand the need for ATS to earn an income.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

On Viasat Chrome running Ghostery with no options selected right now. Speed, so far is excelent. If it continues, bravo for the advice.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

On Viasat Chrome running Ghostery with no options selected right now. Speed, so far is excelent. If it continues, bravo for the advice.

You are welcome, friend. Just make sure you keep on top of the cookie cache. Clear em out every day and make sure you do that winsock clear weekly, as this is your TCP stack and is a kernel process. Some have figured out how to hook code into it, believe it or not. (Windows only of course, Linux does not have this stack vulnerability).

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I'm actually computer illiterate and have no idea what you talk about winsock clear. Can this be accessed through system search. Search winsock comes up configure proxy server but no options to clear history of cookies of any kind.
No results found for "cookie cash". Still searching other options.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Winsock is a kernel mode TCP driver for the TCP/IP stack.

Command Prompt> netsh winsock reset
reboot.

Get literate, or be plagued.

Simply. The scumbags delete code from Winsock and replace it with modified code. Since the stack is loaded into Non-Volatile address space, it cannot be swapped out. This means it needs a valid CRC to load it in physical memory. The perpetrators make sure the inserted code is smaller that what they overwrote, and they pad it out with NOP or other instructions that do nothing until they compute the original CRC.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
a reply to: toysforadults

Run Ghostery and see all of the idiots that want to try and inject tracking while on ATS. This is the problem. While most of them pass the ICAN test for legitimacy, they sell detected identities to the black web. Believe it or not.

And.. it is not ATS, it is your browser and how you manage it.

I'm on a cell phone. Even when my phone was brand new, it still does the hang ups.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Are you saying Norton and other services are junk? Protect from virus and nothing else?

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Are you saying Norton and other services are junk? Protect from virus and nothing else?

I never said anything of the kind. I am a principal systems engineer that does not give a # about Norton.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Same problem and has been for awhile, site also comes up not-secure before log in. If I clean cache 100% and then go to ATS, the sites quick, as soon as I log in, it's usually back to loading real slow, clean cache it's back to normal speed. It makes ATS un usable a lot of the time. Something they really need to fix IMO. It's the only site I go to that has this many problems, as I have zero probs elsewhere.

I asked about the insecure and loading speed in a post here www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you go to TEO"S post in that thread there are links to additional info there.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

Navigation, delayed response or even no input response going on for several weeks now. have to incessantly flag, flag, flag to make a f;ag take. Post a reply and it takes forever to post. Open an op and it is delayed, delayed, delayed before opening. Is it just my system or are others being frustrated as I am?

Has been happening to me for quite a while. That's how you get the double, triple, and quadruple posts.

I get the flag and star issue as well.

the double post happens when you post and hit the submit button more than once when the site is slow and it appears that nothing is happening.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I'm a peon with a third grade education but I give a sheat.
They prey on my kind.
Brainpower is a wonderful thing. I wish I has some.

I'm sheep to the slaughter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join