It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Connectivity, latency, and star & flag function

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Navigation, delayed response or even no input response going on for several weeks now. have to incessantly flag, flag, flag to make a f;ag take. Post a reply and it takes forever to post. Open an op and it is delayed, delayed, delayed before opening. Is it just my system or are others being frustrated as I am?
edit on 24-11-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Yea, intermittent for months.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
Navigation, delayed response or even no input response going on for several weeks now. have to incessantly flag, flag, flag to make a f;ag take. Post a reply and it takes forever to post. Open an op and it is delayed, delayed, delayed before opening. Is it just my system or are others being frustrated as I am?

Has been happening to me for quite a while. That's how you get the double, triple, and quadruple posts.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Big problem.

For many months on and off.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

originally posted by: CharlesT

Has been happening to me for quite a while. That's how you get the double, triple, and quadruple posts.

Seems to be getting worse by the day.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Been dealing with this same thing for years on here.. It's the servers and or some bottleneck somewhere(s).

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed
If that's the case they need to start looking for a better equipped host because this one surely isn't providing adequate service.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

It's all of the ads

Seriously though, this has been a common issue for quite a while now. Many many months.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I clicked the flag icon and it worked without delay.
There are bugs, but that's not giving me any trouble.
Think of this site like an old car(pre70),you can't just jump in and turn it over. First you must polightly greet the car, caress her , carefully get in , turn the key in the On position (do not turn it all the way), pump the gas pedal once, count to ten, then you may turn it over. (Wait for the page to load before selecting any clickable options)
edit on th1123kAmerica/Chicagoth by SmikeS because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

No ads for me but still the occasional hanging.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SmikeS
Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. Frustrating when you want to flag or star a good post and it won't take.

edit on 24-11-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I'm not going to complain about the adds, because this place needs to make money, but I wish the adds could be stationary on the top or bottom of the page, floating adds are more of a nuisance, eventhough they have a nice close button.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Beginning to think the owners are letting ATS wither on the vine. Maybe they need to try finding a buyer and inject new blood.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I've had the problem with stars for over a year.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Site either has out dated SSL certs or is insecure as well.

Plain text packet transmission

I believe OpenSSL is an open source Certification authority at the very least will offer some basic encryption
edit on 24-11-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Site either has out dated SSL certs or is insecure as well.

Plain text packet transmission

I believe OpenSSL is an open source Certification authority at the very least will offer some basic encryption

Where is SSL in use here.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Can I tell my excellent ATS friends one more time. Please do not think I have a solution to latency and connectivity problems, but I have researched this, and put it into practice faithfully.

Every day, use a service, like SuperAntiSpyware, to clear all of the cookies you have incremented in your online ventures, including ATS.

Every week, do this: Command Prompt( invoked with administrator privies) > netsh winsock reset

ATS is an attractor to all sorts of clandestine attempts to mess up your online experience, and limit the throughput of ATS itself. You can fight back using the methods I have shown. It may not solve all of the issues that mess with ATS, but you will definitely experience a difference.

edit on 24-11-2018 by charlyv because: fix syntax

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

it's not that's the problem

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

sometimes I wonder if this is intentional for outside observers to collect data

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: roadgravel

it's not that's the problem

No it is not. Why would there be "out dated certs" without https. You're just throwing out stuff.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join