It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deal with Mexico Paves Way for Asylum Overhaul at US Border

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Washington Post

MEXICO CITY — The Trump administration has won the support of Mexico’s incoming government for a plan to remake U.S. border policy by requiring asylum seekers to wait in Mexico while their claims move through U.S. courts, according to Mexican officials and senior members of president-elect Andrés Manuel López Obrador’s transition team.

Now there's no excuses at all for allowing thousands of illegals in who are likely not eligible for asylum. This is an example of how this administration gets things done.

With the political mood in parts of Mexico shifting toward populist ideologies, it is no surprise to see deals being struck to control the influx of immigrants into the US via Mexico. Mexico has to deal with their border being violated, more criminals being imported, and more resources spent from an already overstressed system. Mexico is trying to #MMGA

This is how we #MAGA together.
edit on 24 11 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

UPDATE
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on Sat Nov 24 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: per OP request

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
How much are we paying Mexico for this?

Another part of make Mexico Great.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The "lobby" will be screaming bloody murder in....5...4...3...2...1,

Going to be hard for a holdover U.S. Federal Judge to force Mexico to not carry out new policy hah ha.

Mexico having experienced the negatives recently of allowing this charade to go on is now seemingly looking out for its national interests.
edit on 24-11-2018 by Phoenix because: sp

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Maybe we should take foreign aid away from Honduras and consider giving something to Tijuana city instead to help them hire more police and fund the immigrant camp.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Mexico is so racist against Hispanics-. . . . . wait, what?

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Mexico Helps us pay for a Border Wall on their Northern Border , We Help them Pay for one on their Southern Border . Problem Solved .

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
It’s interesting to see how the world stage is being shaped by the shaking up of the globalist paradigm. Leaders are starting to follow suit and think outside of the box that has been shaped for us by sociopaths and other assorted undesirables.

While there are numerous examples around the world, Trump & AMLO are one that I find very interesting:

Mexico City (AFP) - Mexico's incoming president on Sunday said he had floated the idea of a new relationship between the neighboring countries in a letter to US President Donald Trump.

Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador said he sent Trump proposals on bilateral relations -- which have reached one of their lowest points in decades -- in the areas of migration, public safety and trade.

Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador

The incoming Presidente seems to comprehend the possibilities in thinking outside the box with new ways to tackle old problems:

"It encourages me that we both know how to keep our pledges, and we have faced adversity successfully, we've managed to put our voters and citizens at the center, displace the establishment or the predominant regime," Lopez Obrador wrote.

While noting that he is awaiting Trump's response, Lopez Obrador published the letter "so that all Mexicans know our position on the new relationship we want" with the United States.

The incoming president said Mexico wants a relationship of "respect, friendship and focused on development cooperation," and said that the more developed Mexico is, the fewer people will have to leave their country in search of work.

Dialogue and Diplomacy can go a long ways and I’m encouraged that there’s a new and growing willingness on the world stage. President Trump—our unlikely protagonist—is making an impact that transcends party politics.

Mexico's Lopez Obrador floats idea of new relationship in letter to Trump
edit on 24-11-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

“For now, we have agreed to this policy of Remain in Mexico,” said Olga Sánchez Cordero, Mexico’s incoming interior minister, the top domestic policy official for López Obrador, who takes office Dec. 1. In an interview with The Washington Post,

she called it a “short-term solution.”

No doubt.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

Maybe we should take foreign aid away from Honduras and consider giving something to Tijuana city instead to help them hire more police and fund the immigrant camp.

Cooperation instead of conflict on this issue. That's how we solve this.
edit on 24 11 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

This was never meant to be the basis of US or Mexican policy. But a means to an equitable end.

Your #resistance to this is noted.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I can see giving Mexico something. It must be saving us money for them to house these people rather than us doing it. Just subtract any payments from Central American aid.

I would be more comfortable if they set up these camps further inland. We could open a branch of the embassy to take asylum applications without having a large horde of immigrants camped right at the border. Just make the living conditions a little better. When the horde complains about conditions in Tijuana, tell them to go inland. That will probably remove most of the women and children so we don't end up with photos of dead "border babies" plastered over all the fake news outlets. You know it's going to happen.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Racist Mexicans.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Tell Mexico to build a wall and make Honduras pay for it.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54

Not a bad idea. They destroyed the fence.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I can go along with that.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Racist Mexicans.

As an Hispanic, I take offense to that.

No wait. Sorry. I meant to say..

Viva la Mexico?

No no no. I meant.

Ummm. Oh never mind. #MAGA.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

There is a lot to be concerned with an unfettered border with Mexico currently. If we can truly help each other and cooperate in the areas mentioned in the article I think we can actually achieve a state where free LEGAL travel across the border will be possible.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

We just have to be careful we don't end up funding a large invasion force permanently camped out along the US border. Take their applications and then send them to smaller, easier to manage camps further inside Mexico.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Haha. Seriously? Because if Trump invented one thing it's dialogue in diplomacy...

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I don't think Mexico will agree to that.

What I believe will happen is that Mexico will start weeding out those with legitimate asylum requests and deport everyone else. Controlling illegal immigration into Mexico will likely be more effective than trying to control it here.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join