It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Charlie Brown Thanksgiving' criticized as racist

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Doesn't mean the scene was a deliberate conscious racist act... Just different times, with different ideas of what was considered as appropriate.

My argument is your argument.

People are saying it's a racist act. It should be celebrated for being one of the first steps forward to get to where we are today, not shunned and shelved because it didn't immediately jump to 2018.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Lucy taking away the football from Charlie Brown is a representation of 3rd-wave feminism fighting institutional misogyny.

#WokeTruth

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

"Lucy" is an obvious appropriation of evolution terminology by Christian religious Nazism.

#WokeTruth

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cornczech
At first I was just sad when I noticed Franklin sitting alone at that Thanksgiving dinner. I am 52 years old and remember the world without all of this BULLcaca racist crap.....and I grew up in the bayous of East Texas...(yes, there are bayous there.......) I am sure there was racism going on there....there are racists EVERYWHERE.....but not where I saw it.....
that being stated.....I started to think about that cartoon I loved....and talking about it with my Cajun cousin.....and he stated to me and I agree.....that it is a form of BRAINWASHING that is going on right now....to MAKE US think that ALL OF THIS BLATANT racism is going on right now........

DON"T FALL FOR IT........

The maker of Peanuts was NOT A RACIST and this cartoon is NOT RACIST!!!!

I tell you, somebody or some group has set out to destroy society.......and it is working.

I notice the same thing.

I live in central Louisiana, in a parish that's over 60 percent black. and I just don't see what the pretty people on TV are telling me to see. There are no race wars and all that other crap they are pushing. Most of the racism that I see actually comes from the black community to other members of the black community.

Instead I see people getting along (for the most part, there will always be some a-holes of every color in this world) and trying to help each other out. Most folks here are poor, country folks, but most folks here are also God loving Christians that actually try to live by the golden rule.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Did you ever notice how it was only Schroeder, a white person, who could play the piano? He, the white man, made everyone dance to his own tune. White Imperialism.

#WokeTruth

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Did you ever notice how it was only Schroeder, a white person, who could play the piano? He, the white man, made everyone dance to his own tune. White Imperialism.

#WokeTruth

Yes....ALSO Beethoven was his idol...a clear reference to Teutonic cultural superiority.

#WokeTruth
edit on 24-11-2018 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Doesn't mean the scene was a deliberate conscious racist act... Just different times, with different ideas of what was considered as appropriate.

People are saying it's a racist act. It should be celebrated for being one of the first steps forward to get to where we are today, not shunned and shelved because it didn't immediately jump to 2018.

Yeah fair enough.

People are way to over sensitive about political correctness these day... on both sides.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

People are saying it's a racist act

A handful of people are saying it’s racist.

A larger contingent are using those handful of people’s comments as ammo against all of the left.

Morons begets morons.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

#WokeTruth

"The Great Pumpkin"...a not-so-ambiguous reference to Trump worship.

#WokeTruth

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Lucy's psychiatry stand is a reference to the affordability of Obamacare yet no one ever tired it except one person, which is why it failed.

#WokeTruth

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: mamabeth

There are British comedy's from the 1970's which no broadcaster would dare show these days. White actors in make-up playing the parts of black or asian people.

I recently watched Love Thy Neighbour from the 70's. Amazingly funny to watch but some of the things they said and did would never get shown anywhere on TV these days.
They did do the black face paint in an episode. Shocking to todays standards.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Lucy's psychiatry stand is a reference to the affordability of Obamacare yet no one ever tired it except one person, which is why it failed.

#WokeTruth

"Snoopy" living 'On The House'...symbolizes the bigotted belief that people receiving 'Free Stuff' from the government are parasitic mongrels.

#WokeTruth

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Adults never had anything to say of value in the "Peanuts" universe. They represented the authority of the state and the kids were all members of Antifa.

#WokeTruth

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

It looks like Linus is the racist. After all, he is doing all the talking...............I never liked that guy.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Charlie Brown's signature line "Good Grief" is not only an affirmation of successfully manipulating the masses through deprivation...but a clear indifference towards people suffering from Depression.

#WokeTruth

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
A LOT of old cartoons are racist. Tom and Jerry and Looney Tunes have came with disclaimers of racism for years now, stating that it's a product of the times. This is not new news, and it's not destroying the country.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Snoopy's portrayal of a clearly violent vet suffering with PTSD and is an indicator of why the 2nd Amendment needs to be repealed and vets lose their rights.

#WokeTruth

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Being historically correct is racist.

I think we're on our way back to
"separate but equal"

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

check out scrub me mama with a boogie beat

first result on youtube

racist and funny at the same time???

i think so sir

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

"You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown" fails to acknowledge the undeniable fact that ALL white men are BAD.

#WokeTruth

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join