It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Charlie Brown Thanksgiving' criticized as racist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   

The special, which debuted Nov. 20, 1973, aired again on Wednesday — prompting social media outrage over the gang’s highly unwoke picnic table arrangement.

www.foxnews.com...

Charlie Brown, which was a leader in fighting racism adding a black character when few were doing it, is now racist.

This is the crap that is destroying this country. The non stop jumping to racism and playing the race card over every little thing.

Someone truly woke would say wow, Charlie Brown was a trailblazer, that's awesome.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

stop the world - i want to get off

either that - or carte blanc to kill anyone i want [ i has a list ]

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   

A lot of cartoons that I watched years ago would be considered racist now.
Example:Tom and Jerry cartoons from the 1940's,they had a black housekeeper.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

These are the people who are winning. Not because they are the majority, but because to question them makes you racist in the culture the progressives have created.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   

It is odd that the black character is in a crappy chair sitting on their own on the opposite side of the table though, I noticed it immediately. I'm not saying racist, but clearly odd that it was drawn that way.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   

People really are that ####ing stupid.

SMH

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Must be a slow news day if fox has to whine about some nonsense on twitter.

You are to emotional over something so trivial.

link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Same with American classic novels.

Charlie Brown is an instance of actually trying to combat racism. People tried to get rid of the black character and the creator demanded he stay.

link   

There are British comedy's from the 1970's which no broadcaster would dare show these days. White actors in make-up playing the parts of black or asian people.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   
At first I was just sad when I noticed Franklin sitting alone at that Thanksgiving dinner. I am 52 years old and remember the world without all of this BULLcaca racist crap.....and I grew up in the bayous of East Texas...(yes, there are bayous there.......) I am sure there was racism going on there....there are racists EVERYWHERE.....but not where I saw it.....
that being stated.....I started to think about that cartoon I loved....and talking about it with my Cajun cousin.....and he stated to me and I agree.....that it is a form of BRAINWASHING that is going on right now....to MAKE US think that ALL OF THIS BLATANT racism is going on right now........

DON"T FALL FOR IT........

The maker of Peanuts was NOT A RACIST and this cartoon is NOT RACIST!!!!

I tell you, somebody or some group has set out to destroy society.......and it is working.
edit on 11/24/2018 by Cornczech because: bleck

link   

I see 3 characters sitting by themselves and the rest all on one side. You could argue [if you have a healthy mind] that it was easier to draw, or the three [two of which are white/ginger] have the best seats with the most space, whilst the others are cramped together.
Maybe the three are the most important ones and the others are literally the non important ones.

I am getting so fed up about this now. It's only people of low IQ, who can't see logic when it punches them straight in their face that come up with such crap. Maybe they are also brain washed. Sad thing is that they are the most racist of all by constantly being obsessed about colour and trying to give black people special treatment, when [in my opinion] they should not need it. After all apparently we are all the same, that includes being the butt of a joke or being disliked too.

Anything else is patronising and a sign that they think blacks can't cope by themselves and need a white person protecting them, or that they are so stupid they need positive action in order to manage anything.

The moaners are the racists.

edit on 24-11-2018 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

link   

Garnering false outrage.

Just how many people were REALLY upset about this?

Oh and the guy who Fox News quoted saying “They give our friend the busted chair and won’t even sit on the same side of the table, more proof that Charlie Brown and his cohorts are RACIST,” has said it was a joke.

mobile.twitter.com...

Nice try though.

edit on 24/11/18 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

It's only trivial if you lack the capacity to see how this relates to everything else.

Somehow you are stuck on this is about a cartoon. Hint. It's not.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
in 1983 we had a hispanic housekeeper in El Paso....so?a reply to: mamabeth

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   

WHAT ?????????????

how is a black housekeeper " racist " ????????????????

i recall [ perhaps wrongly ] - that she beat tom with a wooden stick and kicked him several times too every episode she appeared in

but hey - its a long time since i watched T&J

but is systematic animal abuse of if you is black ???????????

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

How many does it usually take? You tell me how many were outraged. It's enough that this story is on lots of outlets including the NY post.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Being historically correct is racist.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Slow news day. Opinion piece .

Just something for the sheep to get upset about.

It's meaningless. Obviously meant to divide.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Her preferred weapon was a sweeping brush/broom if I recall correctly.
I didn't grow up thinking black housekeepers were animal abusers though.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

So you agree the people thinking this should be fought?

It should divide us. Into the group pushing this and the group standing up against it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join