It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Important Report Got Buried Under Black Friday Sales

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Do you have a live horse handy?

Sure do... soon as you guys find one, we'll let ours out.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaYote

It could. It also could not. Guess what, there is nothing America can do. Unless other nations like China are also willing, and they aren't, and the rest of the world is happy to let them not do anything.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: ketsuko
Yes, the climate will change. It always does an always has. The real question is what, if anything, we can actually do about it.

What can we do about the climate? Not much, if anything.

It wouldn't kill us to not be such pollute-y pigs, however. A dog might eat his own turd, but even he won't drop a deuce right in his food bowl. Humans, on the other hand, are perfectly fine dropping many a pollution deuce where we eat. We're pretty disgusting in this regard.

I was shocked when I saw our new puppy do that. Never heard of it before. But true for those that don't believe it.
Also I saw a Taco Bell scratch his butt, then gave out change and then put raw cheese on several of my tacos. I then ordered 10 more tacos. I told the person it's party time tonight. Waited till he put them at the counter and then I told him to go wash his hands and walked away smiling and saying WTF

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

originally posted by: infolurker

Let's be honest.

What do they want to do about it besides implementing a financial scam that we the people pay insane amounts of money for fuel while the financial traders laugh their way to the bank.

www.forbes.com...

Here in Washington State we have a governor hat wants to shut down a clean coal power plant (because coal anything is bad), prevent wind farms from popping up (you know because of birds dying), not institute next generation nuclear energy plants (because you know nuclear anything is bad), and push a tax on solar energy being produced by home owners (because of free markets) He also wants to push a carbon tax for regular people in the state that puts money into a committee that has no mandate, no oversite, and no mission statement (so his pocket basically)

It's becoming very clear that Climate Change ideas in this generations Nigerian Prince.

Based on the words tax, tax, tax, tax, and tax...let me guess...Democrat Governor?

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Let's be honest.

What do they want to do about it besides implementing a financial scam that we the people pay insane amounts of money for fuel while the financial traders laugh their way to the bank.

www.forbes.com...

I believe THIS scenario more than any of the others: Sure the climate changes....plenty of "data" shows that over the eons the weathers changes....man caused this? meh...probably not.....but MAN sure likes to fleece one another for that paper stuff called MONEY....that much is 100% proven time and time again through the years........
edit on 11/24/2018 by Cornczech because: ppfffftttt

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Scary stuff, and I’m not easily scared...

“Please, climate change...don’t shoot...I have a wife and kid. Here, take my wallet — take all the money I have!!”

/sarc

That’s how they want you to feel and what they want you to say about something we have no control over. GTFOH!!!

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   
It is a report provided by guess who ?
The Unbelievably Nefarious

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I don't support a carbon tax --- waste of time.
I brought this topic here, to ATS, because I have faith in this community of questioners.

We are being played --- Democrats this, Republicans that… I don’t care what party you vote for, both of them are bought out. And they are glad we are distracted fighting with one another, because that means we aren’t holding THEM accountable for not doing the job of protecting the well-being of the citizenry.
In the state of Virginia our elected representatives, including the current and former governor, really work for corporations, not the citizens. Insert any other state name, I’m sure – but I’m providing a specific example here: So that a handful of men can make a bundle of money they are abusing the power of imminent domain to steal land from private citizens as well as State and Federal land (everyone’s land!) – to dig a 600 mile long trench (from WVA, thru VA, & NC), 10 to 12 feet deep with a wide construction corridor and a 75-foot-wide permanent access corridor. And BY THE WAY --- This gas is not for American use! The Atlantic Coast Pipeline originated in September 2013 when the Obama administration granted a request from Dominion Transmission to export gas to Japan and India.
This pipeline endangers more jobs than it creates – all the farms, orchards, vineyards, fisheries…thousands of disrupted streams and rivers will transport sediment down to the Chesapeake Bay. It would also reduce the property value of not only the land it would run across, but any adjacent land as well. Would the Governor like to have one cut through his back yard?
Atlantic Coast Pipeline, LLC is pushing the approximately 600-mile unidirectional, open access Atlantic Coast Pipeline (ACP) to transport Marcellus-Utica shale gas from West Virginia, through Virginia, and ending in North Carolina. Four energy corporations – Dominion Energy, Duke Energy, Piedmont Natural Gas Company, and Southern Company Gas – are behind the proposed pipeline, though Dominion is the driving force.
We need to have our politicians put bumper stickers on their behinds to show the public who their sponsors are. Since 1996, no private-industry donor has pumped more money into Virginia politics than Dominion, which has contributed a total of $10.8 million to various campaigns and causes, according to the Virginia Public Access Project, which began tracking campaign finance data around 1996. Republicans AND Democrats are willing to trash the environment for their elections. We’ve had Democratic governors and senators roll over and play fetch to Dominion Energy, who wants to lay a
The real issue here is that this is happening all across our country pipelines to move gas --- not just for our own use, but for export. Fracking in Oklahoma and other states is definitely causing earthquakes and definitely polluting groundwater, aquifers, and drinking wells.
Rather than investing in new cleaner technologies, we lock the next generation into decades more of fossil fuel consumption. We must be willing to change ---- wouldn’t that be exciting….new thinking…. Perhaps something positive that we could all get behind?

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

First, we can all agree that humans are making a freaking mess of our planet. Even if you don't believe we are impacting the climate, we are stinking up the entire ecosystem.

The average person has no say in the matter because this is the technology we are stuck with right now --- fossil fuels to run our daily lives. But we cannot continue this dependence.

Just one example: In 2010 President Obama let BP run the Deep Horizon blow-out and oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico --- for weeks, all we could see was BP’s camera view….we could have used our own military technology to assist, but we just sat back and let a foreign corporation puke oil in our sovereign waters. OK, yes, we sure spew our own in plentiful amounts, but this was the largest marine oil spill in history.

We are shattering the very ground we live on and injecting a chemical slurry into our aquifers... to extract more gas....

Yes, Elon Musk has had a meltdown, but we need more innovators, not this constant defense of a carbon based world economy.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

And I just noticed that my last two posts called out actions taken by the Obama Administration, so before this turns into a political Hate-athon, let me say that BOTH parties are failing us. The current administration wants to gut environmental protection laws to give corporations more leeway to pollute .... burn baby burn...

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

From my reading of the report, it's an assemblage from many different scientists in different organizations --- each focusing on their own area of specialization -- Some more "touchy feely, social scientists, some more hard core biologists, chemsists, environmentalists, climatologists...
For me, the big take-away, is that the big picture - humans are making a mess!
While I also don't agree with an economic solution as a singular fix, that does have a relevant role to play.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Which isn't a surprise to those of us who have responsibly been preparing to take care of ourselves, our families and our communities after disaster. Your precious "State" will be hiding under their rocks when those dominoes finally do fall.

Those who haven't been preparing... well, best of luck. You'll probably need it. Maybe they should've spent less time foaming at the mouth about "feminism...uhhhh..RWNJ!..uehhh vast conspiracy! vast right wing conspiracy! duhhhuh" and goofy identity politics and more time being concerned about things that actually matter. Now it will be "Have" and "Have not" vs. "I only make 90c on the dollar, despite the fact I do a different job am an individual!"
Good thing so many Americans were wasting their time on such pressing matters huh

Oh well. My family, friends and neighbors are all safe. Thanks to mass-awareness and preparation. Good American Constitutionalists will always find refuge here though.

edit on 11/24/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

touchy feely, social scientists

AKA not an actual scientist

Either that... or those who study the world's least interesting/least important issues

Problem with "social science" is that they start from a flawed initial position, namely that all individuals are equal. We're only equal in the eyes of the law, but as a practical matter attempting to say all people are equal is a provably incorrect statement.
edit on 11/24/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

A Gore. You know what? He hasn't really been much of anything for a long time.

Do you have a live horse handy?

To be honest I think old Al single handily destroyed global warming understanding amount the masses. Climate change has also taken a big hit due to Al since we should be +6 degrees right now.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Climate change is normal. B.S. fear mongering stories pushed by globalists and misinformed liberals is the true problem.a reply to: SeaYote

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: gimcrackery
Climate change is normal. B.S. fear mongering stories pushed by globalists and misinformed liberals is the true problem.a reply to: SeaYote

I have friends and family who work for NOAA, USGS, and DoD in various areas of research and ecological mitigation. They are hard working, dedicated people. they are not policy makers. They are concerned with the real world impacts they are seeing - impacts already affecting national security and individual lives (Norfolk Navy Base frequently flooding, good bye Tangier Island).
Even if you don't agree that humans are affecting the environment, it is indeed changing and it will do so more rapidly and with more extremes. Every single person on the planet will be impacted. I saved money to put in a solar array and will be building a greenhouse. But I am also actively engaged in efforts to fight polluters. Our individual effects are small, the big organizations (corporations and Government) have the biggest bootprint out there. I disagree with the hunker down in a bunker mentality. We can still try. We can demand better of our leadership in all sectors. It is not too late for a cleaner planet.
For the good of all beings, plants, and animals, I pray.

From NOAA's website:
Volume II of the Fourth National Climate Assessment (NCA4), released today by the United States Global Change Research Program (USGCRP), focuses on climate change impacts, risks and adaptations occurring in the U.S. The report contains supporting evidence from 16 national-level topic chapters (e.g., water, oceans, energy, and human health), 10 regional chapters and two chapters that focus on societal responses to climate change. USGCRP also released the Second State of the Carbon Cycle Report (SOCCR2).

NOAA is one of 13 federal agencies that contributed significantly to the Fourth National Climate Assessment.

Key findings of the NCA4, Vol. II
Communities
Human health and safety, our quality of life, and the rate of economic growth in communities across the U.S. are increasingly vulnerable to the impacts of climate change.

The cascading impacts of climate change threaten the natural, built and social systems we rely on, both within and beyond the nation’s borders.

Societal efforts to respond to climate change have expanded in the last five years, but not at the scale needed to avoid substantial damages to the economy, environment, and human health over the coming decades.

Without substantial and sustained global efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and regional initiatives to prepare for anticipated changes, climate change is expected to cause growing losses to American infrastructure and property and impede the rate of economic growth over this century.

Agriculture and food production
Rising temperatures, extreme heat, drought, wildfire on rangelands and heavy downpours are expected to increasingly challenge the quality and quantity of U.S. crop yields, livestock health, price stability and rural livelihoods.

Ecosystems
Continued changes to Earth’s climate will cause major disruptions in some ecosystems. Some coral reef and sea ice ecosystems are already experiencing transformational changes, affecting communities and economies that rely upon them.
Water and the coasts
Changes in the quality and quantity of fresh water available for people and the environment are increasing risks and costs to agriculture, energy production, industry and recreation.

Climate change will transform coastal regions by the latter part of this century, with ripple effects on other regions and sectors. Many communities should expect higher costs and lower property values from sea level rise.

Health
Climate change threatens the health and well-being of the American people by causing increasing extreme weather, changes to air quality, the spread of new diseases by insects and pests, and changes to the availability of food and water.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join