It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Fails to End New York Lawsuit Over His Charity

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: Mahogany

And my bedtime just happened!!!

Wish Trump luck on his journey...

With some luck, you guys will sleep through his impeachment as well.

You must be psychic because that is the only place his impeachment is going to happen......in your deranged dreams.
edit on 23-11-2018 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

You're right!!!

I simply forgot that there will be a 2/3 majority in the Senate to push that through!!!

I'm beginning to like your posts as well... Comedy Central hasn't put out any good stuff in a while.

SoOo... Impeachment in the house, a 2/3 majority in the Senate, and then...

Let's just ask Clinton how that removal from office worked.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

This ruling is no joke, and I am not surprised that the Trump admin and his family have declined to comment on this. I am also not surprised no one has brought this up on ATS yet... it is absolutely catastrophic to crooked Trump and his family.

nytimes.com

A New York state judge rejected U.S. President Donald Trump's request to dismiss a lawsuit in which New York's attorney general accused him of misusing his namesake foundation to advance his 2016 presidential campaign and his businesses.

Scarpulla said the U.S. Constitution did not immunize Trump from the lawsuit, and Underwood could pursue claims alleging breach of fiduciary duty, improper self-dealing, and misuse of assets belonging to the Donald J. Trump Foundation.

Underwood sued Trump and his adult children Donald Jr., Eric and Ivanka on June 14, after a 21-month probe that she said uncovered "extensive unlawful political coordination" between the foundation and Trump's campaign.

What does this mean?

It means that the Attorney General of New York can now depose certain members of the family and also ask for financial documents that the family has been refusing to release so far, such as tax returns, Trump Foundation financials, perhaps even phone records and emails. Basically, this is the first step into the long awaited transparency that has been lacking with the first family.

Among the money that has been misused/stolen by the foundation is $2.8 million dollars raised at an Iowa fundraiser for military veterans and then used for the Trump campaign. Then there is the $100,000 used to settle a personal lawsuit against the Mar-a-Lago resort and $10,000 used to purchase a portrait of Trump and then placed inside one of his golf clubs.

Let the sunshine in!
I can't believe anyone thought this was newsworthy let alone reposting. Good luck with all of that, you'll need it.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

originally posted by: Arnie123
I'm sorry, did you think that Trump is, "Scared"? Absolutely not.

New York has become a very huge leftist thorn. It's no surprise to see that it's democrat lead investigations.

Trump will continue to fight it though, regardless of what the liberal media says.

"Trump faces many investigations, and many lawsuits by Democratic-led or Democratic-leaning states including New York.

He has used Twitter to call Underwood's lawsuit a concoction by "sleazy New York Democrats," and pledged not to settle." Et al.

As sourced, many biased lead investigations by Dims, all for the expressed fact that they simply don't like him, its like someone at the DNC sent a letter out in all caps, PUSH FOR ANY AND ALL INVESTIGATIONS INTO TRUMP REGARDLESS OF WHAT.

Whatever the case may be, I hope Trump defeats it.

So once this lawsuit is done, If Trump is found guilty of treating his charity as a personal piggy bank will you change your tune?

I love reading your posts... it's like some leftist masturbatory fantasy every day.

You need to stop wasting your time here and instead go here..

CNN Jobs

You could be the next Acosta!!!

Edited to add, I thought since the Clintons used their charity as an ACTUAL piggy bank you would be OK with the concept...

OH! That's right... Democrats get a pass on that.

My bad.
LMFAO! Best advice you'll get for awhile, I'd take it.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Wow. Maybe someone needs to file suit against all the Foundations that politicians put in place, including Judges. That should take care of all the misuse of the "Huge" foundations.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein
Yeah. And Congress should pass a law that the president release his tax returns so that we could know from whence his wealth comes.

That would be awesome.

edit on 11/23/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Yeah. And Congress should pass a law that the president release his tax returns so that we could know from whence his wealth comes.

That would be awesome.

I agree. For someone to be President I don't think they should have anything classified.
Like college transcripts for instance.

That would be very cool.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Better to sleep through than go sleepless waiting 😆

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That sounds tyrannicidal 🎈

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
That would be awesome.

And meaningless. Isn't there something more substantive about our President you'd like to know?

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
That's all we need. More stupid partisan laws. Oh the partisan bickering, will it ever end? NO! Sickening sheat!

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

Trump could smack a baby on the ground three times and his base won't care how corrupt he is.

The man is a real estate giant, he even goes as deep as having bad blood with iron workers and employing nearly slave labor in the 1980's and just simply paying them off.

He's not a nice person. And people will follow him to the end no matter what. It's sad really, humans have seen what this type of fanatical following has done in the past, and is still doing in present world. History repeats itself in different shades of grey.
edit on 23-11-2018 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
That's all we need. More stupid partisan laws. Oh the partisan bickering, will it ever end? NO! Sickening sheat!

So you don't think a President should be vetted and that knowledge be past onto the Citizens so they can make a better choice with their vote? I have to disagree with you there.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

He's not a nice person.

And that sums up the entirety of the lefts hate for him. It does not always pay to be a nice person. At least he has the U.S.'s interests in mind when he is not a nice person.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Trump could smack a baby on the ground three times and his base won't care how corrupt he is.

The man is a real estate giant, he even goes as deep as having bad blood with iron workers and employing nearly slave labor in the 1980's and just simply paying them off.

He's not a nice person. And people will follow him to the end no matter what. It's sad really, humans have seen what this type of fanatical following has done in the past, and is still doing in present world. History repeats itself in different shades of grey.

You are projecting.

The actual reason that some people like Trump is pretty easy...

1. Voting for him originally was a big middle finger to the establishment, the two-but-one party system that people were sick of.

2. He speaks what is actually on his mind, which leftists get in a tizzy about because if the left ACTUALLY spoke what was on their mind, there would be a civil war and a lot of lefties hanging from telephone poles.

3. His plan is actually working, economically. I have seen the benefit. Family members have. Friends have. People I don't even know are doing better. What is so wrong with American citizens doing better? Isn't that the point?

4. Border security. The left and right have screwed that up since forever. Let's be a sovereign nation again... this isn't rocket science.

5. He's kinda a dick and not really likeable. But at the end of the day, he was put into a position to lead and is getting results. So who really cares about him personally, besides the left? And the only reason the left cares is because he is getting positive results and now the left has nothing to run against but his personality. Not like they have any other platform but "make you poor and jobless again".

So don't bother trying to equate that with some kind of fandom or cult of followers.

We are just people who want the American dream... he is delivering, the left just wants the American nightmare.

An opinion, as always.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

An opinion, as always.

An opinion laden with facts and logical reasoning.

I think that kind of opinion will be considered illegal if certain people had their way.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Keep crying.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Yup... it's ALLLL the leftists fault.

This partisan bull trumps base touts is a fabrication to justify a hate for people who don't like him.

And to dig further.
The US loves to step on other nations toes, yet demands to be left alone. Hypocrites. Literally, hypocritical, the US bombs, drones, meddles, starts trade wars, etc, in all sorts of affairs around the world with their 'interests' being the reason, and then cry and moan when no one likes them. Can't have your cake and eat it too you know.

I'll quote monty pyton here. Death from the Meaning of Life:

"Shut up! Shut up you American. You always talk, you Americans, you talk and you talk and say 'Let me tell you something' and 'I just wanna say this', Well you're dead now, so shut up. K".

Pretty much how the rest of the world, well everyone I encountered so far (even American's themselves) feel about Trumps base.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Great reply. Such a well thought out response for everyone to ponder and discuss and build upon.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Pretty much how the rest of the world, well everyone I encountered so far (even American's themselves) feel about Trumps base.

And we still don't care that your feelings are hurt. We need to start opening up TDS clinics so this problem can resolve itself.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join