It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch a Spaceship Leave Earth in Stunning ISS Video

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Timelapse video of Russian Progress MS-10 cargo spacecraft lifting off from Kazakhstan on Nov 16th.

On Thursday, the European Space Agency (ESA) published a video taken from the International Space Station (ISS) by astronaut Alexander Gerst. The video shows time-lapse footage of the Russian Progress MS-10 cargo spacecraft that launched from the Baikonur cosmodrome in Kazakhstan on November 16. The footage is almost unbelievable as it shows the spacecraft, on a resupply mission to the ISS, arcing into orbit. The camera pans slowly and follows the unmanned Russian craft, revealing Earth’s curvature in epic scale.
motherboard.vice.com...

Stunning.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Who wrote the score?

The camera pans slowly and follows the unmanned Russian craft, revealing Earth’s curvature in epic scale.
Uh oh.

edit on 11/23/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Convex Earth ?
edit on 23-11-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Who wrote the score?

Don't know but it was a C-. Maybe a D+.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Round earth propaganda.

Nothing more.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Round earth propaganda.

Nothing more.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Nice video. I like the part where the booster falls into the atmosphere and makes a bright fireball when it burns up. But there's something I don't understand about space videos like this, what is the light brown line at the upper right of this image? Some kind of ionospheric effect?

The atmosphere gradually gets thinner with increasing height, just as this says:

spaceflight.nasa.gov...

There really isn't a sharp boundary to the atmosphere, but it gets rapidly thinner the higher you go.

So wouldn't or shouldn't imagery of the atmosphere show just that? More density closer to the surface but gradually getting thinner until you can't see any atmosphere anymore? But this video almost seems to show a boundary, which isn't extremely sharp but still is more pronounced than I would expect so I'm curious to know what causes that appearance.

edit on 20181123 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Airglow is caused by various processes in the upper atmosphere of Earth, such as the recombination of atoms which were photoionized by the Sun during the day, luminescence caused by cosmic rays striking the upper atmosphere, and chemiluminescence caused mainly by oxygen and nitrogen reacting with hydroxyl ions at heights of a few hundred kilometres.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Thanks, good answer!

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Very very cool. Looks like a scene from a Star Wars film.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Is it just me or has anyone noticed there is no curviture. Had to say it. #flatearthrulz

*sarcasm ok?*

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

Is it just me or has anyone noticed there is no curviture. Had to say it. #flatearthrulz

*sarcasm ok?*

edited out
edit on 23-11-2018 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Look at all the stars, finally. Aren't they always missing because of brightness or something?

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: CosmicAwakening

Aren't they always missing because of brightness or something?

Only on the dayside of the Planet.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I am fairly certain that this was light reflected off swamp gas that froze into ice crystals when it was pushed skyward by a powerful updraft.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Can I swear that was fudking amazing!!

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Thank-you for explaining that it wasn't a UFO.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Are we sure this is actually a real video? It looks kinda like CGI to me, especially that atmosphere, I don't recall it ever looking so prominent in other similar footage.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
Are we sure this is actually a real video? It looks kinda like CGI to me, especially that atmosphere, I don't recall it ever looking so prominent in other similar footage.

You are not that far off - It sort of isn't real video. Or regular video anyway.

It is a timelapse of hundreds of photos, each taken with an exposure time far greater than that of typical video, which allows for otherwise dimm objects to appear bright(er).

Also, typically you'd postprocess the photos, adjusting the temperature,tone, and saturation, before making it into video.

Thus surreal look of the atmosphere.

edit on 24-11-2018 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Really? It looks like a straight up CGI clip.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join