It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Each religion has different parts of god, not different gods

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I am not sure bout' that, I think we should help humans more than god. We should spend all church money into helping poor & homeless, not god.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: SatansPride

I am not sure bout' that, I think we should help humans more than god. We should spend all church money into helping poor & homeless, not god.

I think you might be going to the wrong church. Most churches have "helping people" as part of their mission statement.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SatansPride

Yes you are incorrect, If you believe time is god then you can throw away the bible and pick up a Seiko.

But you're not talking about the majesty of Rolex or the hallowed grounds of greenwich.
Why is that?

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: SatansPride

It's as if there are two processes at work. On the one hand, people have been trying to express the concept of God and gods throughout history. On the other, people have been gradually detaching from the idea that God and gods exist at all. So like the endless war between sword and shield (aggressor vs defender), there's an ongoing conflict between Science and religion.

I like the old story of the blind men all trying to describe an elephant.

It seems to apply to our need to understand the Universe and our wishes to have a higher power. Perhaps they can all exist together and we're like those blind men with only one aspect of the metaphorical elephant.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Thou canst not prove the Nameless, O my son,
Nor canst thou prove the world thou movest in,
Thou canst not prove that thou art body alone,
Nor canst thou prove that thou art spirit alone,
Nor canst thou prove that thou art both in one:
Thou canst not prove thou art immortal, no
Nor yet that thou art mortal—nay my son,
Thou canst not prove that I, who speak with thee,
Am not thyself in converse with thyself,
For nothing worthy proving can be proven,
Nor yet disproven: wherefore thou be wise,
Cleave ever to the sunnier side of doubt,
And cling to Faith beyond the forms of Faith
She reels not in the storm of warring words,
She brightens at the clash of ‘Yes’ and ‘No’,
She sees the Best that glimmers thro’ the Worst,
She feels the Sun is hid but for a night,
She spies the summer thro’ the winter bud,
She tastes the fruit before the blossom falls,
She hears the lark within the songless egg,

She finds the fountain where they wail’d ‘Mirage’!

www.bartleby.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

And sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, but if You're able to call a spade a "shovel" then all is 'well'...

"It'll ALL work out in 'The End'.. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't yet "The End"... Ancient Hindu adage.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Really, I live right across from a church that is very recognized by the community for funerals, marriages, gatherings etc. & have never seeen them, not once on their schedules blessing go to the community & lend a helping hand. Yes, I love the church, great peoole around here I think, almost best you get in my opinion. Should help more in any church & not pray in your nice castles that could be helping other.ls. Why do they not pray in tents & be in nature while giving every single donation ls to proceeds that actureally need it like the homeless or desperate like the bible says to do in some opinions like mine & 2pac I just recently found out & thought was kool.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

We all percieve a different version of the bible by the way we grew up or were nutured, is that not our blessing & or curse?

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

No comment, besides saying no comment, besides saying no comment, besides saying no comment... etc... What does that really mea, haha is that really politically correct? jc

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

And sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, but if You're able to call a spade a "shovel" then all is 'well'...

"It'll ALL work out in 'The End'.. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't yet "The End"... Ancient Hindu adage.

'Well': up in snow-country; we got spades in spades, but a shovel can dig ya a path towards yer favorite 'temple'...

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

No NEED to go anywhere... "You ARE the Church™..." Each Self has a tad dab of Hunab Ku and the game is to make it back from 'whence You came...' I'd type out more scripture but "They" changed it so many times not everyOne KNOWS 'up is down and versa visa' and of course, that is built-in. Look at Abe's Seed "The Big 3™" (Islam™; Judaism™ and Chris†ianity™) who do they fight with? ALL doing the exact SAME thing...

ALL religions™ are different, that is what makes them the same....

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

YoubetchaBob!
See what you are pointing towards, and am agreeable.
There are seeming similarities, and apparent differences.

Sometimes: a man and a woman wish to worship at a different kind of 'temple'.
Perhaps you haven't had much exposure to the french language, down there in Cali-to-Flori-Duh, but here is an offering of a deep, and brilliant piece of art, that hints at a 'different kinda church'.
Thoughtful, poetic lyrics, beautiful imagery, and of course: a beautiful French woman!

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Here is the 'cheapo' Google translation of the lyrics.
Seems to me like they are rather pertinent to the thread.
Alas: nuances, double-meanings, and poetic license are lost in translation, as usual.

I wanted for both of us much better than a belief
So I found you a kind of church
Whose walls are not covered with faience or marble
The stained glass windows I break them, the pillars are trees
The altar is a rock lined with lichen
We do not talk about forgiveness or sin
We do not trade in pain and pain
We do not worship God or Devil
But the beauty of the bodies
And the spell that put your love in my veins

I want us without border without limit and without law
I want to breathe you live and live in you
And to believe that before us all that did not exist

We both deserve much higher than a vault
So I found you a plain without roads
Without limits other than the cardinal points
And without traces that those of our horses that absorb the space
At the top of a hill, I light a flame
So that we know that a man and a woman
Celebrate under the moon the night of the origin
A sacrifice to the happiness of their souls
To the future of their sons
Here the gods worship without any artifice

I want us without border without limit and without law
I want to breathe you live and live in you
And to believe that before us all that did not exist

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

This is the part of the link I sent You re: "synchronicity is the ability to see further down the 'time spiral'.. How is Your Pineal Gland? See if You can't de-calcify the Pineal Gland and then start logging Your dreams; You'll notice that You can manipulate around You. I repel TURDS at the grocery store, and glide right on through; also works in traffic.

It is almost like the movie "Avatar' when You get 'into it more than a neophyte' I would caution You that if You are a "people person' that kinda goes by the wayside...

Oh and You would NEVER EVER buy a shirt or hoody emblazoned by "YOLO" because that is manure.

You are NOT a "human" that is experiencing a "Spiritual Experience" You are a "Spirit" doing a human experience and You can 'log' Your info from 1 "life" to the next.. The same as My new Weimaraner puppy "Birdie Mae" knows how to open doors and cupboards at 7 months old...

Either way, Stay Hydrated (You want that skinsuit/vessel to shine)

* Being "The Church™" that is where the coconut oil becomes anointing oil... It'll also keep You hydrated...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join