It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Each religion has different parts of god, not different gods

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
No, but I can see your view.....the book of God's truth is the Bible go have ya a look see

It's a literary work in a keague of its own. No other booklet comes close

Every answer is in the book ,I swear.........not so for the other comic books compared in length and depth

It's the only one that says what death is.......addresses the beginning of yime

Just to make sure We're ALL on the 'same page' (pun intended) You are typing about the King James Version II; 3rd re-write; 4th re-vision?...

Don't You think Your Noah seems an awful lot like "Gilgamesh" from books prior?

Adamu first wife, "Lilith" If it WASN'T COPIED.... What are the chances that ancient Jewish™ texts reads: "In the beginning was Adamu and Lilith, created from the same dirt..." Does that look familiar? What are the chances "The Scribes" coming up w/that on their own? I guess the same chances of ancient cave scratches depicting similar 'characters'?

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SatansPride

Sorry, nothing you've stated here makes any sense. Regardless of how you feel about the Bible, there are a few verses in it that are worth researching, even from a historical and non-biblical standpoint...

Matthew 12:24-26

24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.

25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:

26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?

Mark 3:22-26

22 And the scribes which came down from Jerusalem said, He hath Beelzebub, and by the prince of the devils casteth he out devils.

23 And he called them unto him, and said unto them in parables, How can Satan cast out Satan?

24 And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.

25 And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand.

26 And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.

To summarize, this world is designed to end due to all of the division. It can't and won't stand forever. Only God's kingdom will last forever and this isn't it.

edit on 23-11-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The Biblical Literature describes a Divine Council comprised of the self-existing supreme God and a group of created gods who were given the role of managing the created order.

Some of these created gods later went rough.

The Divine Council

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I'm really finding it hard to accept any of what you say in light of your screen name.

Satan is 'the deceiver'.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: troubleshooter
The Biblical Literature describes a Divine Council comprised of the self-existing supreme God and a group of created gods who were given the role of managing the created order.

Some of these created gods later went rough.

The Divine Council

Actually, the biblical literature describes no such thing.

An interpretation that ignores significant and voluminous contradictory Biblical literature, and bases itself upon a few mistranslated verses, describes such a thing.

Biblical literature describes a single Creator God, expressed in three aspects or persons (God the father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit), and all other gods and god concepts, are described as falsehoods.

edit on 23/11/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

There are 7.7 billion individual human being living on this planet and each individual has their own take from the GOD (God is personal, hence the 7.7 billion versions of it around).

As the most philosophers/theologians/religious pundits are agreed to terms that God is “indescribable”, ”unexplainable”, ”unimaginable” formless magical being who control everything and call him/herself as “alpha and omega”…..

Question is.. Who are “we” to even try to find a single universal “explanations out of 7.7 billion versions” without hanging around the stupid ancient superstitions called “religion”..?

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Qboneq

Sorry the video I linked up didn't work out for You.

edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
If other religions have different pieces of God why does God command them to kill each other over their differing beliefs?

Suffer not a witch to live. No one comes to the Father except through me. Who is it that overcomes the world except the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

“If your brother, the son of your mother, or your son or your daughter or the wife you embrace or your friend who is as your own soul entices you secretly, saying, ‘Let us go and serve other gods,’ which neither you nor your fathers have known, some of the gods of the peoples who are around you, whether near you or far off from you, from the one end of the earth to the other, you shall not yield to him or listen to him, nor shall your eye pity him, nor shall you spare him, nor shall you conceal him. But you shall kill him. Your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterward the hand of all the people. You shall stone him to death with stones, because he sought to draw you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.

Not to pick on the bible, I know this junk is in other religions. I just know more about the Christianity because its what I'm surrounded by. I'm not saying its the worst offender.
edit on 1124/2018 by revswim because: Examples.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I embrace individualized universalism.

Everyone is their own priest. Preach on bud. Make it your own.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Sophia
was the primal creator Goddess before the Patriarchs took over with the 'male' God in various forms/talents/dispositions

OP... kindly explain how the Sophia Goddess is just a variation of a destructive male God...your notion (presented in the OP) is just more stuff of the Political Correctness line of accommodation and has no merit imho

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
If anything god would be neither male or female. If real one could assume it both creates and destroys. Is both good and evil, the ying and the yang.

Sophia is too hippy dippy earth mothery for me.
Just as the notion of some all powerful male god gives off to much of an Olympian feel.
The vary notion that a divine being would be hung up on male/female archetypes is silly to me.

a reply to: St Udio

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I have asked those same questions most of you have asked. I use the traditional american bible as a reference mostly because I can not speak other languanges. They all have 10 things in common no matter which one you choose to follow. They have a common practice & that allows most to forget their cause of reasoning. We have different parts of god, just as we have different parts of human in us, none are genetically identical. We are no more precious than the mouse we experiment on or the wasps babies, mothers, children we kill by the hundreds for our protection. Is that not the point of bible study?, to treat all as equal? Lucifer is allowed room in any culture to mess with so take deception into account when processing information.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SatansPride
Is that not the point of bible study?, to treat all as equal?

Is living in paradise for eternity whilst others suffer in hell for eternity a good example of equality?
Is Jesus an example of an equal person or a "prince" of peace?

But to the OP, I disagree.
Each religion has different parts of humanity.

That's what religion is, it's a study of humanity not a study of gods.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Everything is part of god is it not? Each is different, so is it not a differnet part of the same god?, or time. You have to see the bible in a different way than most translate I believe because that is not the way. We all suffer for doing bad, we regret, get depressed, picture over & over because we feel bad. If you do not care up until the point you are dying, it is still ohk, at least you feel & experiance all that karna in your head right before you die & repent & can only tell god you are truely sorry. If you like & accept the division instead of multiplication you have caused, that will be hell that one wanted, than that individual become what we describe as a virus. In death, or some may call life beyond life because we go somewhere & it is possible to get those chemicals again once we travel to that galaxies part of the universe.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: SatansPride

Everything is part of god is it not?

I would say it's not.
However that's just my bias shining through and I've got as little reason to oppose that thought as you have to promote it.

I would however say that claiming everything is god is watering down the concept of god to the point of it being meaningless.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

You do not believe the tree falling down & killing someone has god in it? You do not believe that cancer or a plague wiping out millions has god in it? You do not believe we or any ani als or wind or asteriod that wipes earth out has god in it? I believe god is time, whether it be on earth or uransus. Whether we are feeling a moment for forever or if that moment passes in an instant, for any creature, living, dead, or ananimate.

What is your thought?

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

No I don't.

I think the idea of god using weapons against his creation laughable.

But if your definition of god is time then I would suggest using the term that already exists and just discuss time.
I believe in time.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I always kind of liked the Greek pantheon. If you only have one god, then if you attribute all your good times to that god, then they're loving and kind. If you attribute horrors and evil to that same god, then that god is some kind of crazy schizophrenic.

However, if you have multiple gods, each trying to mess with humanity according to their own personality, then that easily explains why sometimes things are great and wonderful, and sometimes things suck like an Electrolux.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
No, but I can see your view.....the book of God's truth is the Bible go have ya a look see

It's a literary work in a keague of its own. No other booklet comes close

Every answer is in the book ,I swear.........not so for the other comic books compared in length and depth

It's the only one that says what death is.......addresses the beginning of yime

Just to make sure We're ALL on the 'same page'

Did you hear about the orgy that broke-out after the Led Zep concert?
Ya! Apparently: all of the ladies were on the same Page...

OK: will now make another awkward attempt to relate to the OP, by agreeing with member Blue Shift's offering of:
..."...sometimes things suck like an Electrolux..."...

Well said Blue.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

So you believe in my god that is also everyones god so it is not my god it is everyones god according to my belief in god because I believe time is god, am I incorrect?

God uses everything both numerical, geometrical & whatevs else like faith or whatnot so weapons must be apart of creation right?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join