It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 5 States That Will Allow You To Live Off The Grid And Take The Independence You Crave

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Taking the plunge to live “off the grid” is becoming a very popular trend for preppers, survivalists, and homesteaders alike. Whether the reason is to stop paying for utilities, prepare for the modern collapse, or to just have independence, everyone has their own reasoning. Still, disconnecting yourself from the electrical grid, as well as sewage and water, can be scary and the process is often clouded with vague directions.

Read the rest of the article
edit on Nov 22nd 2018 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: LuissAnderson

So what are they?

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Thanks for posting. Very interesting. Yes, Hawaii is the best place if you have a few bucks and can get settled in and own a bike or scooter.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Um....

I live off grid in Montana and they didn't mention the state... lol

Also the only state I am aware of that you can buy land that has no covenants...

So you can own your water rights as well.

As opposed to Oregon, where you can't even own the rain that falls on your property.

So kinda a poop article....

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Obviously clickbait.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Um....

I live off grid in Montana and they didn't mention the state... lol

Also the only state I am aware of that you can buy land that has no covenants...

So you can own your water rights as well.

As opposed to Oregon, where you can't even own the rain that falls on your property.

So kinda a poop article....

Funny enough, Portland had poop in their water. Birds making doodoo in the water. So glad I left.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
How is Alaska not on there?

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
You can click Contact ATS on the bottom of the page and we'll put you in touch with the right people to advertise.

This isn't the proper way to do it.

Banned.

20a) Unauthorized Marketing: ATTENTION MARKETERS: You will not engage in efforts of viral or "stealth marketing" on these discussion boards without prior approval of TAN. If marketing activity for the promotion of any other commercial entity outside of these boards is discovered you agree that you are responsible for paying TAN $2.00 US for each "thread view" of the thread(s) in which your marketing messages are contained. Your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of Membership for joining these discussion boards signifies your approval of these payment terms.

Alternatively, see above and let us know where to send the invoice.
edit on Nov 22nd 2018 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join