It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi Could Be in Real Trouble: She Hasn’t Found the Votes to Return as Speaker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I really hope she remains speaker. There is no one in my opinion who represents the democratic party and their leadership better than her. I love to watch her befuddled speeches and remarks . (we need to pass the bill to see what is inside, which just does not get better than that IMO). If she does not retain the speaker-ship they might actually get someone in that makes sense..?

For Nancy Pelosi, or against? I guess you can put me down as for, by default, because the Democrats don’t need a speaker who’s learning on the job at this critical juncture, although strictly for two more years only. But this tax increase supermajority rule she has proposed is appalling and has dimmed my enthusiasm considerably.

But first, the nose-counting. On Monday afternoon, we got to see a “Dear Colleague” letter signed by 16 Democrats who said they would not support Pelosi for speaker. The signatories included 11 sitting members and five members-elect.

This is a serious problem from Pelosi’s point of view. As I write these words Monday evening, the Democrats will have 232 of the 435 members in the next Congress. Well, 232-16=216, and 216

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   
You forgot the link.
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   
It seems to me that the right and the left agree that it's time for new blood.

I was surprised that she was even considered by the left to be the speaker.

I believe the dems will be stronger without her.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
You forgot the link.

I think this is the one.
www.thedailybeast.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Pelosi made her own bed, she has gone over the deep end with her chosen path. She should not be put in charge, she has become unhinged, she is one person I think should be banned from owning a firearm because of the violence she promotes.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tanga36

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
You forgot the link.

I think this is the one.
www.thedailybeast.com...

I could not get the link to post !! I tried it here twice and once in the mud pit.. Thank you and I am still wondering why.. Also about half of the thread did not post... so thanks again
edit on 727ndk18 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Remember when Trump said he could give her the needed votes, well he can. Nancy needs 232 votes to become speaker. The number of seats held by the majority party is what is needed so that is not a number set in stone. The whole house votes, not just the majority party. So if 16 dems will not vote for her (which by the way is now 15, Fudge flipped) she will need 16 repubs to vote for her.

Also take note that the speaker does not have to come from the majority party, or even be a member of the house. Any citizen can be elected as speaker.

My opinion is that for the repubs, nancy will be the gift that keeps on giving.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
All the "Drama" is just a ruse to end up making her look strong and powerful among weaklings.

Her PR firms have plenty of smear material on all the new Congress People.

🎃⚔

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: UncleReamus

She needs 218 votes unless some vote "Present" or "Absent", then it's less.

😁

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I bet she’s busy making backroom deals.

Hell, maybe backdoor deals. Wouldn’t put anything past her - the sneaky, short-circuiting twit!

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Pelosi's time is up. She would better serve the people by hanging out around their gardens keeping the birds away.

top topics

join