It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List All The Bands You Can't Stand... LoL

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Wow so many people saying KISS surprises me. They have some great songs ,

And the hair bands damm lol? Who didnt like Motley crue? Or Guns and Roses Appetite for Destruction.

Or even Twisted Sister You;re gonna burn in hell and captain Howdy.

Everything is HIP HOP now
edit on 21-11-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   
You would not belive your eyes, if 10 millon fireflys lit up the world as I fell asleep.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Dammit...
That will be stuck in my head all night now...

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Cause I get a thousand hugs from ten thousand lightning bugs
..as they try to teach me how to dance

link   
Most of them. There's only two bands I I couldn't do without. Pink Floyd and the Eagles. There are a few others (like Chicago) I would miss if they never existed but I don't have a large and varied music taste. I don't even like the Beatles.

link   

edit on 21-11-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
Most of them. There's only two bands I I couldn't do without. Pink Floyd and the Eagles. There are a few others (like Chicago) I would miss if they never existed but I don't have a large and varied music taste. I don't even like the Beatles.

Eagles are the Greatest American band of all time.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Most of the hair bands were awful, but there were some that are all right. But for every good one, you have a Europe or a Winger or a Ratt.

I did think of another one I dislike - The Beastie Boys.

Although, since they intended Fight for Your Right to Party as an ironic joke and actually hate it, even more once they realized they were about the only ones in on the joke ... I may have to start listening to it.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Lynard Skynard

Bay City Rollers

Godsmack

KISS

Spin Doctors

Oasis

Hootie & The Blowfish

Insane Clown Posse

Creed

Hanson

Jennifer Lopez

David Hasselhoff

Papa Roach

All of which are akin to being musically waterboarded.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
Lynard Skynard

Bay City Rollers

Godsmack

KISS

Spin Doctors

Oasis

Hootie & The Blowfish

Insane Clown Posse

Creed

Hanson

Jennifer Lopez

David Hasselhoff

Papa Roach

All of which are akin to being musically waterboarded.

damm Lynyrd Skynyrd at the top of your list?

WTF lol They did Freebird.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I'm over it lol

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   
You people are all really weird and have weird taste..

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Guns and Roses was wicked live. I seen Kiss live on their monster tour and it was literally exhausted old men on stage.

I hate pretty much everything on the radio when I hear Figures by Jesse Reyez I actually punch my radio in my truck off. I hate new Eminem, loath The Weekend. Black Eyed Peas suck.

The world needs more Tool albums.

edit on 21-11-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-11-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Wow, a lot of rock haters here. I hate most hip-hop and usually can't stand the sound of country music. I love about every other genre. Although there is a lot of good new stuff out there, I hate about half the pop crap I hear on popular radio and could easily write a hate list if I had to listen to that crap at work, but that's why I have Spotify

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DeReK DaRkLy

Okay i'll try not to make this list too long because people need sleep.

1. Any dubstep "artist" ever, no personal discrimination, I just can't stand the genre in it's entirety.
2. Nickeback-i've seen generic loaves of white bread that aren't as bland as them.
3.Limp Bizkit-because Fred Durst
4.Kings of leon-y'now that band who only got famous cuz their one hit had the word 'sex' in it
5. Any techno band ever- the dealers at nighclubs would make more money selling Ecstasy than the 'band' would make , you'd have to be tripping to listen to 'doof doof doof doof' for several hours.

And finally, Nu metal. Just Nu metal.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Basically any band that imitates the current "in sound".
There are a small number of highly talented, creative bands that really forge their own unique sound.
Because they have such a fresh style and good catchy songs they soon have a large following of fans, then of course along come the imitators with no new ideas of their own and also no shame.
They then go on to dress accordingly and produce cookie cutter albums of very little merit, relying on the fact that there are many consumers just like them happy to accept a watered down, pale imitation of the real thing.
You now have the "in sound".
There will be a handful of these bands that do have enough mojo and talent to take the "in sound" and make it their own, some even rising to higher levels of success than the originators.
These though are definitely the exception rather than the rule.
Inevitably the scene reaches a point of maximum saturation and a large percentage of the "in sound" followers grow bored and quickly move on to the next new shiny object that catches their attention.
Depending on the saturation levels the "in sound" may even experience backlash as former devotees now cringe and deny ever liking it in the first place!
Sadly, with the advent of the internet and YouTube offering access to endless permutations of any given style the chance of finding the next truly unique, accessible "in sound" is slim to nonexistent although I live in hope.
As it is there's always wildly talented madmen that can take a bite from all these apparently played out genres and create magic, as proof I present the crazy genius of 12 Foot Ninja from Melbourne, Australia(i challenge anyone to find a riff more potent while nailing some distinctly Aussie humor!)...

edit on 22-11-2018 by Osirisvset because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   
ABBA

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Nirvana..that is all.

Which Nirvana are you referring to?

The British one from the 1960's where good.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Come on now, you guys are listing the best bands ever, stop acting so edgy you edgelords...

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Trivium:

An over polished, under inspired, artless bunch of hacks, who have roundly failed to understand their genre, as evidenced by the weakness of their sound. All that potential, all that undeniable skill, totally under used and absent soul in this band. They are all capable people, but seem to have chosen to be popular rather than good, to be rich rather than to make the best art they can make with their instruments.

Avenged Sevenfold:

Wonderful intros, leading to disappointing choruses, sung in a reedy, pathetic voice, by a reedy and pathetic individual, with no particular thematic or talent based draws in the band to counter that stunning oversight. They are a band whose potential is unfortunately being wasted. They are clearly capable of far greater musical brutality and technical, soulful expression than they have ever achieved, yet they simply never explore the outer limits of their abilities, probably so as not to undermine the singer, whose abilities limit the fury that the rest of the band can apply, without making him a nuisance rather than a linchpin, from a sonic point of view.

Creed:

A soft rock band whose existence is inexplicable to me in every possible regard.

Pretty much everything in the pop punk niche:

Again, bands that limit their ferocity and never explore the outer limits of their skills, be they in punk, rock, or metal, are a pointless waste of bandwidth, an aggravation, a waste of listening time. Why listen to someone nearly be punk, when you could be listening to some genuine, filth covered, furious, barnstorming, rip roaring punk? Be real or go home.

The Beatles:

The only good thing I have to say about them, is that they make Ozzy Osbourne happy. Personally speaking, I find them twee, and that their music did not age as well as that of the Doors, or other bands of the same rough era. No matter what they did to move music forward, I cannot appreciate their music now. If Bach and Mozart could make music that still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand proud, theres no excuse for a band from mere decades ago to make a noise that I genuinely don't care for.

There are far more, but only limited hours in the day.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join