It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wildfire victims prevented from returning over health concerns

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: KansasGirl

Not to mention the many pics of one house untouched but surrounded on all sides by scorched earth and everything else.

I have seen that many times, wild fires can do that. These houses are far enough apart so that one may burn and another not. If your house and yard are clear of burnables then your house has a much better chance of survival. A stack of paper or cardboard against timber siding will get you every time.

Additionally, fire fighters and water bombers can do wonders.

But disappearing white goods is vastly different.

P

Ah. Thanks for that info regarding individual houses being untouched by fire while surrounded by burned everything else. I didn't know it was a thing. But then again I know pretty much nothing about wildfires.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I posted about this Here we have a relative who has lived in sight of the facility for decades and has been fighting the owners and Gov't because of the cancer clusters. Erin Brochovich has now gotten involved to help since it has gotten so bad.

There was a second fire, the "Peak fire" right across the freeway from the site that hopped the freeway and burned through it again and got put out pretty fast. I wonder if they are cleaning up the toxic waste with extreme heat prior to making it a park? Or maybe hoping they can actually sell and build stuff there if enough got burned out?

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I remember several years ago in Brisbane, Australia after a once in a century flood there were dozens of reports of children getting lead poisoning because of renovations their families were doing to flood affected houses. The paint being removed was more often than not lead based and was able to enter the children's blood (can't re all the exact reason why but it was directly connected).
Many modern items like TVs, computers, fridges and all the"essential" mod-cons in today's homes are packed full of exotic materials that when burnt release a myriad of highly toxic nasty chemicals into the atmosphere before they settle back to earth.
In a dense, highly populated area like Paradise it seems obvious that there would now be a toxic layer of very hazardous ash covering everything.
Anyone entering without appropriate protective gear would be potentially exposed to a nightmare soup of chemical ash.
The text in the OP doesn't say they are permanently exiled, they can collect belongings and then I'd say there would have to be an extensive biohazard operation to make the whole area suitable for rehabitation.
I realize people like to go all conspiracy on every current event but the reality is I wouldn't want my kids playing in that muck let alone living in it.
edit on 22-11-2018 by Osirisvset because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Osirisvset

What about those whose homes didn't burn?
They can't come back yet and have no idea when they can.
How are they supposed to plan for their future/work/live?
The time limit is indefinite.

In all sincerity most of the really toxic crap likely burned off and spread particulates across the country.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
a reply to: Osirisvset

What about those whose homes didn't burn?
They can't come back yet and have no idea when they can.
How are they supposed to plan for their future/work/live?
The time limit is indefinite.

In all sincerity most of the really toxic crap likely burned off and spread particulates across the country.

Bureaucrats, bane of our existence. Not happy unless they're tossing red tape like a ticker parade. As for a conspiracy that's about the extent of it(IMO, but I've been wrong many tines before now!).
As for the toxic crap burning off, I'm certainly no chemist but I'd say anything less than incineration by nuclear fusion may take care of some but the majority, like heavy metals, oxides and the like would be resistant and most likely have gone through reactions to become even more sinister and deadly.
Like everyone else here though, my opinion is pure speculation and as such no matter what I think, it is what it is.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Thanks Labtech!
Finally had a chance to watch the vids in your post.
They are a great addition to the thread.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Ok. I'll tell the story of my work neighbor. She had to leave work a few days ago to grab her grand child from the parents due to the air quality AND to get him away from the environment that has now traumatized him. They're really scared and people as far away as Sacramento are having to use masks to breathe. While indoors. I'm all for a good conspiracy, but with this fire, from seeing what my coworkers who have family in Paradise and Chico are going through, I think you may be digging at something that's not there. Maybe I'm wrong. I very well could be. But I'm seeing first hand the effect this is having on the former residents of Paradise.

What's next? The San Fran earthquake was a global conspiracy and not just an act of God?

Hmmm. I'll actually have to look into that one.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Butte County Officials Establish “Health Advisory” Predicate To Block All Property Owners From Returning

Agenda 21 at play here to remove residents from areas affected by the Camp Fires that devastated Northern California. In the guise of health concerns warnings will become policy and people will be banned from living in those areas. That is the goal under Agenda 21, we'll see if they will get away with it or not.

Butte County – Dr. Andy Miller, Butte County Health Officer, has issued a hazard advisory strongly suggesting no habitation of destroyed property until property is declared clear of hazardous waste and structural ash and debris by Butte County Environmental Health.

There is evidence from recent fires in California that homes and property destroyed by fire contain high and concerning levels of heavy metals, lead, mercury, dioxin, arsenic, and other carcinogens. Some property may have the presence of radio-active materials. Exposure to hazardous substances may lead to acute and chronic health effects, and may cause long-term public health and environmental impacts.

As areas affected by the fire with destroyed homes and property are opened to residents, residents will have limited access to visit property to collect recognizable belongings and mementoes that may have survived the fire. Residents should review the Health and Safety Precaution for Re-entry packet, which will be distributed at controlled re-entry checkpoints.

Paradise has only 3 roads that lead in and out of town with mountains on either side.

I can see them condemning the entire area and forcing those who didnt lose their homes out for their "safety". Radioactivity? No sorry, we can't allow you to go home. Think it can't happen? We will see.

theconservativetreehouse.com... /

Jimstone said exactly this yesterday on his blog,

He said health concerns would be the excuses the PTSNB would use keep people from returning. The health concern excuses would keep them from clearing their home sites and it would keep others from ever returning.

Some would never return because work on the rebuilding process would take so long people would abandon hopes and intent from going back because they have began to make settle elsewhere.

As I see it this excuse and deliberate delays in approving the locations safe for remedial works to begin will become the new tools they will use to fast track Agenda 21 or Agenda 30 whatever it is these days.

Not only that but this tactic would become the norm to fast track Agenda 21 throughout the industrialized world.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

That is a scary idea that burning down towns is how to implement agenda 21 and agenda 2030. Between the "Health concerns" if they get past that the permit process, added costs of green construction and increased insurance costs due to living in a "known fire hazard area" people won't be able to afford or wait through the nonsense to ever rebuild.

Insurance passes the costs off to PG&E (fire claimed to be their fault) who in turn will pass the costs off to electric service customers through the new law they passed.

Very scary indeed.
People aren't paying nearly enough attention to these events.
Which is the very reason will see it happen again and again and likely on a larger scale.
edit on 23-11-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Someone has probably already purchased their land.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Very sadly your comments are correct and also apply to 10,000+1 other similar dire issues the planet earth and the people on it face. I meet with and discuss this kind of thing with a like minded person and we are both at wits end to know which to tackle first and number of faces that need to fought on is staggering.

We are becoming disheartened by it.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

If we give up they will have already won.
They are not our masters and will never be.
I intend to resist until I'm dead.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   

If we give up they will have already won.
They are not our masters and will never be.
I intend to resist until I'm dead.

Thanks for that - "We are becoming disheartened by it." doesn't mean we are in any way giving up, it means we better understand the scale of the problem and that we must determine our priorites.

Keep up the good work.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: pheonix358

Micro Wave Radiation ......Hmm.....Burns Buildings from the Inside Out .

No no no the concern is over ionizing radiation not microwave radiation which is electromagnetic radiation, either way it doesn’t work like that you can’t burn a house from the inside out with any form of radiation. Ionizing radiation will not effect structures in anyway like that the houses would just be contamjnayed no physical damage ionizing radiation is a silent killer.
Palm meet face
edit on 12/1/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join