It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alone Or Sad On Thanksgiving?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I'd like to leave this here for those who will be alone, separated from families, or saddened because of lost loved ones on Thanksgiving.

I would also like to tell you all how grateful I am for my ATS family.

I will be going out for lunch that day, but will be here checking in when I can.

Keep each other company and have your own gathering in here.

Wishing you all much love and many blessings!

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I dug myself into a debt hole to get a smart phone because my dad died this spring and want to stay in touch with what is left of family.

No big dinner for me but enough. And they can all text me now and I can respond!!

Who cares about food when that is not the focus of the day? A week delay (in a big meal) is no big deal. Besides all that stuff is on sale!!

Not alone or lonely. But reflective.

Happy Thanksgiving Night Star!! Tell your hubby to keep on “rocking in the free world”!!

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I lost my mom 3 days after Thanksgiving 2001, she was too young to leave, but suffering too much to stay. I was fortunate enough to be able to say goodbye because we knew that she was leaving. I can only imagine how horrible it must be to regret not being able to tell someone you love how much they meant to you before they depart this dimension for another.

I haven't seen or heard from my sister in more than a decade, not sure if she's still around or not. Drugs.

My dad has remarried and lives in Arizona, he's getting old, but is still in pretty good shape (his younger wife keeps him healthy).

I have a bunny and a mouse, plus a great girlfriend to share Thanksgiving with- they are my family and I am grateful for them.

Sometimes ATS seems like a family, too. It has some great, generous, caring people... and some who are, how shall I say it, challenging to deal with. I'm grateful for ATS, and hope it is around for a long time to come.

Best wishes to all of you this holiday season, and thank you Night Star for the blessings!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Cheesy, corny, or whatnot (how I come off — not your message), I don’t care, that was heart-warming to read, NS.

Never been alone during the Thanksgiving holiday, but I sincerely appreciate you putting this out there and I second this to all, whether alone or with others.

Best wishes and Happy Thanksgiving 🦃, NS!

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

The focus is on love and being thankful for what we have. I'm so sorry that you lost your Dad. I lost both of my Parents, and like you, I'd like to remain in contact with whatever family I have left. I will relay your message to Hubby. Thank you Teo and Happy Thanksgiving to you!

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Smallest Thanksgiving for me in quite a while. Just the wife and I and our daughter. Everyone else is away.
Probably still going to make enough food to feed a small army, cause what the heck.

Happy Thanksgiving to all you

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Alone Or Sad On Thanksgiving?

Not alone and not sad. On location working but thanks for asking!!

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

I'm sorry you lost your Mom and so close to the Holidays too. It's too bad you haven't heard from your Sister in all these years.

Happy though to hear that you have your bunny and mouse and a great girlfriend and that your Dad is doing ok. I have always loved your avatars, they always make me smile.

Does your bunny have a Christmas hat like this one? LOL

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

Thank you Hun! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Sounds lovely Caterpillage. Wishing you and yours a lovely Thanksgiving!

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

You filming something special Olaru?

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

You filming something special Olaru?

New TV series, it looks good!

www.imdb.com...

edit on 20-11-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Happy Thanksgiving star !

Actually, for the first time in a few years since the divorce, I will have both of my kids over for Friday.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

See if there are local community events and just show up and tell em you're broke. It'll work.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

That looks like a great series! Thank you!

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

How wonderful for you! Happy Thanksgiving to you, your lovely wife and family!

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

We have a local restaurant who will be offering free meals to anyone who wishes to go. I guess it's for the poor and those who may be alone. Any left overs will be donated to soup kitchens. They are also giving away hats, scarfs, gloves and I believe coats.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Nightstar I have been here a long time and just wanted to tell you you're awesome. I forget my online friends because I am dealing with my own crap right now but you have always been a light in the tunnel of darkness...

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Thanks for the thread and sentiments, NS.

I'm alone this Thanksgiving as usual; I live in DC and my family are all in Kansas and Oklahoma and Texas, so it's just too much to spend on a plane ticket for really only 3 days of visiting.

It's rarely bothered me before- I usually look forward to staying in PJ's the whole day and not having to see a soul- but this year I'm not looking forward to it. Rather, I'm missing my family. Which is ALSO a new thing. I e always loved my family and loved visiting, but I don't usually long to see them like I am now.

We lost a dear family member 15 months ago, one of the pillars of the family (my sister's husband), and that may have something to do with it. I've spent more time there in the past 15 months than I have probably the past 15 years combined. Plus I worry for my sister and just want to be there with her, for her second Thanksgiving without her husband. 😰😰

It does cheer me up a bit to know I can pop into this thread on Thursday. Thanks op and other solo holiday ATSers. 😊
edit on 20-11-2018 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-11-2018 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   
ATS Link to The Shed...

As you can see I'm a bit bored today. However I thought this thread by Night Star would be the best place to share this.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join