It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good neighbors are worth their weight in Gold

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I have lived in many different houses and neighborhoods.

As an adult I have some really REALLY awful neighbors.

I had a neighbor that would throw her two large dogs poop in everyone else's yard including mine.

I had the stalker neighbor that would watch my husband and I from his top window and give us reports on what we were doing.

I had the homophobic neighbor that wanted to know why my other neighbors were brokeback mountain (seriously that's what they said to me)

I had a neighbor that thought it was ok to go in his open garage buck naked and show the world his junk. (nothing worth seeing folks)

I had the insane neighbor that was deathly allergic to cats, but wanted to rescue the neighborhood strays and then call me over to do something.

I had the creepy neighbor that was doing God knows what in his house at 3 am that created sounds that haunt me to this day.

I am finally living in a place and everyone is actually normal. So normal I sometimes wonder if it is abnormal, like in that movie Get Out.

or........am I the weird neighbor here.............

edit on 20-11-2018 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
givve me teh gold

SOME of my neighbours were brilliant

but most - thier body weight in gold please

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I've been pretty lucky with neighbors, but my wife and I bought a house recently in a heavy Mormon town and two of my neighbors are hardcore Mormon and when they see me outside with a cigarette in my hand they give me the death stare and won't stop staring til I go back inside my home. Very creepy.

PS. You are now the weird neighbor

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapTheGinkels
I've been pretty lucky with neighbors, but my wife and I bought a house recently in a heavy Mormon town and two of my neighbors are hardcore Mormon and when they see me outside with a cigarette in my hand they give me the death stare and won't stop staring til I go back inside my home. Very creepy.

PS. You are now the weird neighbor

I won't say which one, but one of the examples above was a mormon neighbor.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I have not been fortunate enough to have "nice" or respectful neighbors in the past 6 years. A quick recap if you're curious:

My current neighbor, who I've had for a year now (lives above me) makes loud banging, yelling and crying noises intermittently. We have never seen her leave the building and is home 24/7 (even if I go home for lunch, I hear her upstairs), and she is awake at 3, 4, 5 in the morning being loud. She "vacuums" the same spot again and again and even the outside porch/balcony at odd hours, drops cigarette butts on to our porch (you're not supposed to smoke withing 50 yards of the building), and we even called the cops because we thought there was a domestic dispute going on (more than once). Cops said she lives by herself and any crying/yelling/banging was because she said she was on the phone. It's possible she is seeing things that aren't there, based on the things we hear. Property management is aware of all these issues and she has 1 more notice before they can justify eviction process (I hope it doesn't come to that but if it continues, it isn't sustainable).

Before this (it was a condo previously), the individual in the adjacent unit chain-smoked cigarettes in her garage which resulted in it seeping through the walls and making our entire first floor smell like cigarettes (Homeowners Association never did anything about it other than sending out an email to people "reminding them" that they cannot smoke or otherwise do activities that impact other unit owners). She would also come over and scream at us at 9 PM on a Friday or Saturday night when we weren't even being loud, saying we can't be partying (it was probably just the low bass from background music that would rumble the floor).

My neighbor before that (who I had for 3+ years in my old apartment) lived directly above me and "worked" from home. He was also did some of the plowing and property management stuff for the criminal landlords who would live hundreds of miles away for half of the year. He would start his old Camaro literally 3 feet outside of my window and let it run for 20 minutes before actually going anywhere, stomp around at all hours and was always nosy, trying to ask me why I parked where I did or other meaningless questions that just proved he wanted to be in my business and let me know "he was there". Meanwhile the landlords illegally jacked up my rent, violated cease & desist orders, harassed me and my girlfriend and other guests, and illegally snooped in my apartment when they were doing "maintenance". That was fun...

Perhaps one day I can live in a rural area with no neighbors or not have these loud, intrusive and all-around disrespectful neighbors, but for now it's just par for the course.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I can't argue with the thread title, because it is definitely true. The trouble is that when you just start realizing that you have found heaven, the neighbors start selling off to jerks. Or the old people sell to young people with lots of kids and there are ten kids in the canoe they turned over and the ones with paddles are whacking other neighbor kids. They wander from house to house and everyone shuffles off the gang, along with their kid in the mix. So you decide to put up a chain link fence and the kids are stuck to it like velcro half way up the fence before the cement around the poles has set.

We decided to sell after that, to people who had kids so they could suffer like us.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I love my new neighbours, but they're not always invited,

Lol 😜

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Don't think living rural will solve the problems, you'll just have different problems. Half the above neighbors were from rural areas. Sometimes weird people move out to the sticks for a reason.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Don't think living rural will solve the problems, you'll just have different problems. Half the above neighbors were from rural areas. Sometimes weird people move out to the sticks for a reason.

Yeah, you are right, The homeless deer are hanging around the deck waiting for carrots half the day. They are bedding down under the trees off the side of the garage and pooping in our yard all day. They do not pay any rent and want three free meals a day. I guess they are not homeless, they are right at home in our yard. The fifty pound bag of carrots is now depleted, they also ate thirty pounds of potatoes this last three weeks. We need to go get more carrots and potatoes today, the wife already told me we have to.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
When I was a kid we lived in an apartment in a row of Victorian terraced triplex apartments. Our downstairs neighbours were war widows and only wore black. When me and my mates were playing in the communal garden, they would materialize at their middle level window, and just hover there dressed in black, pale white skin and black eyes. It was like seeing Pinhead from Hellraiser himself standing there. Going past their apartment door every day was the scariest part of coming from school. It was the darkest part of the building and there was some slippery material covered by a rug where the carpet should have been. Always got scared I would slip and be dragged into their apartment.

The creepy neighbour at 3am was probably playing video games.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Oh my goodness, you totally reminded me of another neighbor.

The old vampire lady. I lived in an old run down house in the historic district. Right around the corner was the most gothic looking house, mansard roof and all, black iron fence with ivy on it, huge iron gates. Seriously the most haunted looking house you could imagine. There was an old lady we called vampire lady. She invited me over for tea. I was like h3ll no!!! I didn't want to be the tea!

By the way, your description of those ladies in the window was super creepy. I could totally envision their beady black eyes peering out.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
My nearest neighbors are Zeta.
They will severely break anybody's ass that threatens me.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: stormcell

Oh my goodness, you totally reminded me of another neighbor.

The old vampire lady. I lived in an old run down house in the historic district. Right around the corner was the most gothic looking house, mansard roof and all, black iron fence with ivy on it, huge iron gates. Seriously the most haunted looking house you could imagine. There was an old lady we called vampire lady. She invited me over for tea. I was like h3ll no!!! I didn't want to be the tea!

By the way, your description of those ladies in the window was super creepy. I could totally envision their beady black eyes peering out.

That's exactly the kind of apartment block we had. Our floor was the lower level of the Mansard roof. The roof slates of the bay windows had these black sunflower finials on the top. There was a communal attic that everyone could use, accessible by a shaky wooden stepladder behind a door next to our apartment front door (which had a frosted glass window, so we could only see the shadow of our neighbours coming upstairs and thumping their way into the attic like shadow monsters - scared the bejesus out of me several times). Our downstairs neighbours were builders/painters and they kept their tools/materials there, so they were frequently coming and going up until 11pm. In the middle, the attic was large enough to stand in, but the eaves were dark and shadowy. A large three meter skylight let light down from the roof into the stairwell, but was boxed off like a shed with coloured glass for the floor. I could play with an old train set kept in a wooden box. It was warm, dry and ventilated so we could also dry clothes there. A few occasions we had birds fly in through an open skylight and we could hear them scratch and flap around at night.

The new buyer of our apartment bought up the rights to the attic and converted it into a penthouse suite with Velux windows. The dark eaves were walled off with bright glossy white walls, and a linoleum carpet added.

My parents moved out to a cottage house out in the countryside. They had a view of a field and forest behind it, but the field was sold off for housing. If you are going to move out to somewhere rural make sure you own as much land around you as possible - at least within visual range.
edit on 20-11-2018 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
All of my neighbors are pretty awesome where I am, everybody knows everybody to one extent or another, and not in any pushy or creepy way

The exception to the rule is the asshole behind us, who has in fact calmed his rage-fit tits, I wrote a thread about this dick over the summer. His wife isn't much better than he is, but he did the lion's share of the yelling, throwing of objects, and audible verbal abuse toward their kids.
One neighbor was going to set up wildlife recording cameras under the guise of recording the feathered wildlife in her back yard to have solid, irrefutable evidence to report them with, but never had to. Soon after I posted the thread, we noticed they'd gone very quiet over there. And have stayed that way. The nearest anyone can figure is they must have finally had something not go their way (CPS, cops, whatever) and got the s# scared out of them real good to get that kind of silence out of them.

It's really nice to sit outside again and not hear a raging drunk guy in a yelling match with his drunk wife, or throwing things, or telling the kids what pieces of s# they are, etc every damn day.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I remember that thread, I'm glad it's better for you!

Having abusive neighbours of that caliber must be a living nightmare,

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I can only agree with you
i have always been blessed with great neighbours bar once and he was a snoop but i could handle him , he knew not to push my button but when i moved the next person to move in committed suicide in the house ! we shared a yard and he would go through my bin of rubbish to sort out stuff for recycling and to snoop i would catch him at 5 am at my window just standing there but it was a shared area so i put up with it and eventually moved .

The street i stay on now is great people are very good at looking after each other , i just cannot understand why people put up with crap neighbours the almighty gave us a mouth for a reason , and i have no problem when it needs using .

try this one at home kids on those hard to reach neighbours

ps i always thought you were male

edit on 21/11/2018 by stonerwilliam because: ssspppeeeellllings

edit on 21/11/2018 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join