It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The next Weinstein

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I’d like to preface by saying there’s no evidence whatsoever for any of this. It is literally a shot in the dark thought, not even really a prediction. Anyway, here goes.

If the #metoo movement is going to keep going, then the next big name on the list I think is Vince McMahon, chairman/CEO of World Wrestling Entertainment. Here’s why.

He’s a titan of this his industry. If you want in the big show, you go through Vince. And Vince has had control for a very long time. Weinstein was to Hollywood what Vince is to professional wrestling.

For years the branding of female wrestlers has been on the rise. WWE was relatively slow to adopt it. Though there have always been physically attractive females throughout the organization. Only more recently has WWE pushed for women to headline events.

With that comes a need to standout. These are young, vulnerable women competing to make an impact and carry the banner. But it’s in a world where sex appeal will always standout. Competitors are on the road constantly, lonely and with only their small little niche of wrestlers to interact with some 300+ days a year.

I think it’s the perfect scenario for a man of power to trade sex for opportunity. I imagine the female wrestlers are living in the moment which is why we haven’t heard them speak out about it, assuming this totally assumptive “prediction” were to ever hold any weight.

Though, if it ever were to happen I would think it would happen in the next couple years. Vince’s wife, Linda McMahon is the secretary of small business in Trumps administration. All it takes is a few bribes and phone calls to get the ball rolling on this scenario to cause even more turmoil for the press to feed off of regarding Trumps presidency.

I just feel like even an accusation or two, founded or unfounded would be enough to force Trump to fire Linda, Vince to hand over control of his business to his daughter, and for the liberal media to have a field day tearing into Trump.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

I've actually heard rumors hes gay.

Maybe the pound me too movement will speak up for the Male entertainers

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I've actually heard rumors hes gay.

Maybe the pound me too movement will speak up for the Male entertainers

Well he has forced men to kiss his bare ass on live television, so that’s distinct possibility.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Bloody good job you prefaced this as your opinion or ATS could be getting shot at for slander/libel.

I respect your thought process but I don't feel it is helpful, for the bigger picture of for the person in question. It's rather damaging.

We could apply the same to any male in a position of power in a mainly female orientated sport, profession etc etc

I do respect your thread but I don't think it is fair, at all.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
Bloody good job you prefaced this as your opinion or ATS could be getting shot at for slander/libel.

I respect your thought process but I don't feel it is helpful, for the bigger picture of for the person in question. It's rather damaging.

We could apply the same to any male in a position of power in a mainly female orientated sport, profession etc etc

I do respect your thread but I don't think it is fair, at all.

I’m not rooting for it to happen. As a kid growing up who watched wrestling, Vince McMahon has been an entertaining part of my life. I stopped watching years ago as I outgrew the product.

I just think that if it could happen to anyone, he could be in a position where it might happen. Though nothing has ever been suggested to give this thought any bearing whatsoever.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

My God, I hope you're wrong.

The leftists killed NASCAR through too many restrictions on both the cars and the advertising.

The leftists killed the NFL over some crazy protest thing.

The Millennials took over rock and roll and turned it into some sort of noise.

The Leftists destroyed circuses because they felt sorry for the critters.

Please don't let them kill my wrasslin'! Maybe it's not as good as it was in the "attitude era" with the Stone Cold Texas Rattlesnake and the Rock before he became a big star, but it's still a little dose of fantasy that I can use to escape the misery so many people on this hunk of space debris seem determined to dish out. I like watching Dean Ambrose do crazy crap. I like watching Becky lynch and Rowdy Rhonda Rowsy dish out some serious arm pain on their opponents. I like to watch Brawn Strowman climb out of a pile of debris to demolish everyone around him. I like to watch the Bludgeon Brothers create carnage. It's a release, and (usually) no one really gets hurt. Just good acting and a bad script, playing on the emotions for a couple of hours.

I do not like people who can't just live and let live...

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Your rasslin died years ago.
Its sports entertainment now.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Nah, they just rebranded it... it's still wrasslin' past the name, though. If anything, the shows are less PC than ever.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I have tried to keep up with it, but the product is too stale and predictable for me. Probably spoiled by the wonders of the 80’s and the attitude of the 90’s.

I would say though, wrestling would benefit from Vince being out of the picture. He’s had too much power in the industry for too long. He has no competition.

Not saying he should go for scandalous reasons, but a major change is needed.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

My God, I hope you're wrong.

The leftists killed NASCAR through too many restrictions on both the cars and the advertising.

The leftists killed the NFL over some crazy protest thing.

The Millennials took over rock and roll and turned it into some sort of noise.

The Leftists destroyed circuses because they felt sorry for the critters.

Please don't let them kill my wrasslin'! Maybe it's not as good as it was in the "attitude era" with the Stone Cold Texas Rattlesnake and the Rock before he became a big star, but it's still a little dose of fantasy that I can use to escape the misery so many people on this hunk of space debris seem determined to dish out. I like watching Dean Ambrose do crazy crap. I like watching Becky lynch and Rowdy Rhonda Rowsy dish out some serious arm pain on their opponents. I like to watch Brawn Strowman climb out of a pile of debris to demolish everyone around him. I like to watch the Bludgeon Brothers create carnage. It's a release, and (usually) no one really gets hurt. Just good acting and a bad script, playing on the emotions for a couple of hours.

I do not like people who can't just live and let live...

TheRedneck

Well said sir.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Hopefully its Bill and Hillary Clinton. Oh the irony would be sweet.

top topics

join