It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy airborne racecar batman!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Her wiki report says she clipped a car and spun , easy thing to do but at that track at that point it could have been fatal.
I think there's a possibility , looking at her record , that she's been promoted up the ranks too quickly and the reason for that is that she's a girl and the FIA want to tick that box.

Just a suspicion but questions need to be asked.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex
I agree, I won´t rule that out either. The question remains for me, why did she clip.

Was it external force like wind, was it a jerky movement from her, was she pushing it too far? Those are all valid questions that should be asked.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
the problem was a badly placed 'sausage' kerb which acted as a launch ramp, it doesn't matter whose driving was at fault,
the problem here is those stupid curbs that no one likes and now causing an accident like this, hopefully they'll stop using them.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

She clipped a car because he had slowed down out of turn 3 for a false yellow flag. Reports are that as she came out of 3, that the flag was already down. She did not know the other driver had to slow because a track Marshal put out a yellow flag. After contact with the other car, her car suffered damage that caused her to lose control while breaking for turn 4, it put her car in a spin, contact with another car sent her airborne. The errant yellow flag, perhaps radio communications, are the primary fault. They are still investigating but that's what I see, a track Marshal too quick with a flag and no warning to her.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Bs bs bs.

I have been watching Grand Prix and Formula all my life. I have never EVER seen someone crash that wreckless before.

No one else was going that fast, not ONE driver, except her...

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

Because she could not brake, but the others could. Also, you can NOT slow down a car as long as it is airborne. It´s not working like that in real life, it might have worked in GTA vice city (it did) but physics still disagree in real life.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join