It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A thread for local news...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker
Activism and civil disobedience seems frowned upon here on ATS in my experience. I love the debates, but it is futile when the folk you chat with will never resist arrest or fight back. Fight for your rights is my mantra.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: CriticalStinker
Activism and civil disobedience seems frowned upon here on ATS in my experience. I love the debates, but it is futile when the folk you chat with will never resist arrest or fight back. Fight for your rights is my mantra.

Its all about timing.

Im waiting for the pot to get hotter before I try to alert the other frogs.

May not work even then.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Got nothing from google, where did you hear about the psycho homeless person killer?
Word on the street.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
Here's a typical day in lovely Toledo lol

www.toledoblade.com...[/ quote]

Hi neighbor. I'm in a surrounding county and avoid Toledo like the plague. Several shootings every week, and almost daily in the warm months. Little Detroit.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

If you're in Cornwall we're basically news-buddies, Spotlight Southwest?

I can't type too much as on phone and frankly I can't stand the thing, but this is my favourite local news story at the moment;

Last week, the States backed Deputy Montfort Tadier’s proposals to allow medical professionals – including GPs – to prescribe cannabis, and Health Minister Richard Renouf has been tasked with bringing formal proposals back to the Assembly before the end of February.

The decision came after a high-profile report – the Barnes report – found evidence to support the effective use of cannabis in treatments for some illnesses.

One of the report’s co-authors, Professor Michael Barnes, is due to deliver a series of talks in the Island on Monday, including a free public talk at the Town Hall between 7 pm and 8.15 pm.

Source

Feeling lots of win in Jersey at the moment, 🤙🏻

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

A supercomputing hub furnished with high-performance machines...

The U of A received $2.5 million Thursday from the federal government for an AI-supercomputing hub for academic and industry collaboration. The hub, linking academics and industry, will include computers that can process raw data in hours, as opposed to days, according to a news release from Western Economic Diversification Canada.

The investment builds on Edmonton’s reputation as one of the top AI research hubs in the world. Last year for example, DeepMind, Google’s London-based AI research division, announced it would set up its first international research lab in downtown Edmonton in partnership with the U of A.

Ah hell... I didn't realize Google's AI research was so close to home. That's kinda scary.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

Bloody'ell that beats cat stuck up a tree!

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity
Spotlight haha yes!
Good news with Jersey and pot though

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
not my local, but breaking news story from Milton, West Virginia
Police Had To Lock Up Drunk Raccoons Until They Sobered Up

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Lol cool story
a reply to: zazzafrazz

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

And let us not forget the infamous "Toe Sucker of Toledo" from last year!

Toledo Toe Sucker

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Absinth3
That toe sucker sounds like a right creeper!!!
It's got to be one of the most weird local stories, what a nutter!

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Im detecting more potential win in Jersey;

Could Medicinal Cannabis be Worth £300m to Jersey?

Chris Callaghan, the chief science officer at Jersey Hemp, says the European medicinal cannabis market is expected to be worth £30 billion within the next two years. And he says that if the Island entered the market early it is not ‘unreasonable’ to believe that Jersey could take between one and five per cent of the EU market.

Mr Callaghan, who achieved a Phd in environmental plant biochemistry and molecular biology from Newcastle University, also said that much of the infrastructure needed to grow the crop already existed in the Island left over from the flower, tomato and potato industries.

He added: ‘The pros [of growing medicinal cannabis] could see many of the dilapidated greenhouses restored to their former glory as well as retaining much of the agricultural knowledge acquired from the historical tomato and flower industries.’

I attended a talk by Professor Michael Barnes on Monday, the author of the Barnes Report on medicinal cannabis, it was almost like listening to myself speak, needless to say I like the dude
lol

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Go Jersey!
It could bring loads of work for 'normal' people on the island who are not millionaires.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Meanwhile in the housing estate a mate of mine is from nearly every story is a crime related issue... www.liverpoolecho.co.uk...
I understand why he moved down here all those years ago.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Go Jersey!
It could bring loads of work for 'normal' people on the island who are not millionaires.

Amen Brother ✌️

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join