It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quote and reply that don't add original content to post replying to

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I've noticed this quite often than when I select the quote option it doesn't put the data from the post, or even the username, into the reply post. It also happens with the reply function where it is supposed to add the username to the reply post. Both of these functions seem to not work at times and I just get a blank reply field with no other info.

Is this happening to others? Could it be a browser issue or something?

The only way I can get it to work is to exit the thread (click on the "new threads" link or go back to the Forum threads list page) and then reload the thread and select the quote or reply again, and then it usually adds the information properly.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I've had it happen from time to time. Not often, but enough that I know what you're taking about.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

You have to wait, and wait, and wait sometimes till it loads on the box you are writing on. Other times you need to hit the reply button again or the quote button again. If you start to type sometimes it winds up in the quote box too that way.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The most common time I see this, or only time really, is if you already hit the reply button, but kept on reading anyways and then try to reply to a different post on the same page. It will simply revert back to the original reply box you hit unless you refresh the page.

So if you hit reply, but the next post cauht your attention and you kept reading on that page until you found another poster you want to reply to, if you hit reply on that post it just goes back up to the first box you opened when pressing reply the first time. This is of course assuming you hit reply to the thread and not to an individual post first.

For instance if I try to reply to Kansas girl right now, it just comes back to this box where I am typing my response to you. But if I hit reply at the bottom, and then reply to you, it takes me to that blank box until I refresh it. Do you understand what I mean?

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

You have to wait, and wait, and wait sometimes till it loads on the box you are writing on. Other times you need to hit the reply button again or the quote button again. If you start to type sometimes it winds up in the quote box too that way.

Exactly my experience though does not occur every quote/post. This quote/reply had zero delay.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

nvm

edit on 15-11-2018 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

That's exactly what happens to me, if I wait long enough the quoted text or member name appears.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
a reply to: rickymouse

That's exactly what happens to me, if I wait long enough the quoted text or member name appears.

Sometimes in that time, I actually forget what I was going to say

You know, like when you call the phone company and are put on hold and finally someone answers instead of an ad...completely forget what I was calling for after twenty minutes of waiting. You can speed up the person taking your call by leaving the phone on speaker then going to the bathroom to pee. Works every time.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I get this all the time. I sometimes wait for 25 to 30 seconds before the quote loads. And I'm on a pretty high internet bandwidth here.

top topics

join