It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Prosecutors Discover Altered Election Documents in Broward County Tied to Florida Democrats

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
They put the wrong date on an election notice. They didn't alter election documents. If anything they hurt their base by sending out info which could possibly make their vote not count.

You do realize those papers are able to be analyzed to tell if they were altered right? Ink decomposition is one tool to determine when it was fixed.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Getting a receipt showing the votes a person made isn't a guarantee that is how it is recorded deeper in the system.

A print out of the vote totals for a machine or precinct isn't a guarantee they are matching the total votes.

Testing before the election can only go so far.

In theory in can be correct but it doesn't prove there is no foul play. The very fact voting machine software is not reviewed is a troubling situation. Capitalism wins.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Don't ya think that if there was fraud, they would've made it so they won?

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

This is just another allegation. The prosecutors are reviewing the evidence, nothing has been proven yet. If there is voter fraud then the responsible party should, by all means, be held to account. However, as of now, this is just another allegation from the Scott camp. He has already made one set of allegations that was found to be untrue.

So I wouldn't hold your breath

LINK

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Absolutely nothing digital is immutable. Blockchain makes it very difficult to change data after ti is entered, but how do you know what is entered? Do you just trust it? If you pull the D lever, how do you know that the blockchain data didn't put in an R? You don't. Oh, you have a receipt? That receipt is what the machine was programmed to give you. How do you know it matches the blockchain data? You don't.

When the machine counts the blockchain data, how do you know it counted it correctly? You don't. You are trusting every aspect of your voting process to a machine programmed by someone you don't know and probably don't even know the name of. All of a blockchain's data is encrypted... it cannot be read without a decryption process programmed by someone else.

Do not ever trust computers. They are wonderful slaves, but they make terrible masters.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I'm in Washington state and received 3 mail-in ballots in my mail.... I'm single and live alone.. I filled one out and put all 3, the 2 blanks included, in the ballotbox... seemed fishy at the very least to me

A2D

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree

I'm in Washington state and received 3 mail-in ballots in my mail.... I'm single and live alone.. I filled one out and put all 3, the 2 blanks included, in the ballotbox... seemed fishy at the very least to me

A2D

You should have marked the extra two void or something similar. Who knows what happened with them once they returned.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
More evidence - It turns out Laura Loomers reporting was more accurate than what people gave her credit for.

Evidence Suggests Ballots Mishandled on Larger Scale in Broward County, Florida

Two pieces of evidence have emerged that solidify allegations of ballot mishandling in Florida’s Broward County after the midterm election.

The evidence lends credence to officials and concerned citizens who have cried foul over some apparent irregularities.

Florida’s secretary of state ordered recounts of six tight races on Nov. 10, including races for senator, governor, and agriculture commissioner. Gov. Rick Scott, who ran for the Senate against incumbent Bill Nelson, called for an investigation on Nov. 8 after Broward and Palm Beach counties kept adding early voting and absentee ballots two days after the deadline stipulated by law.

Given Broward County’s record of irregularities, the election was under close scrutiny and, again, allegations of mishandling emerged.

* - Ballots in Cars
* - Provisional Ballots Found
* - The collection site was for more than one precinct yet the poll workers didnt seem to coordinate on what color tags were being used (chain of custody).
* - Video taken by a observer shows poll workers jamming ballots etc into blue bags. When a poll worker noticed they were being recorded she intentionally moved equipment to block the camera view.
* - The 2 containers found at Avis were in fact blank ballots according to a BCSO incident report.

Click the link for detailed information. All I can say is Democrats are going to have some explaining to do. I would also say, again, that other elections in other states need to be audited / investigated.

edit on 15-11-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree

A2D

I don't handle that end of things but I know they have a method of dealing with this. Beyond that... it's "a higher pay grade than I get"

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Question -
When ballots are collected at the end of the day and are shipped to the facility they all get safety zips placed on the box they are put in at the voting location to be transferred to a central location.

The ballot containers -
Has there ever been a time where those containers were ever opened outside of the collection building?

The reason I ask is because investigators in Florida located 12 of those chain of custody zips laying on the ground outside the SoE building.

I don't know what happens after I turn the ballots in -- I just manage a polling place. I do know that representatives of BOTH parties are there.

It is quite possible if there's a huge number of polling places and a lot of new judges, that a new judge didn't seal things up properly. It takes a long time to close a poll (I took over an hour with a clerk's help. Without help, it could be up to two hours if you're new and trying to walk through all he steps.)

So... can't comment.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Actually the source is Politico, which you would know if you ever actually open the referring web page.
But like 90% of ats, you just read a headline and maybe a sentence and then quickly try to make an 'aha!' moment.

He is correct in that the issue is over a fairly small number of ballots, I think. From the Politico site...

The concerns, which the department says can be tied to the Florida Democratic Party, center around date changes on forms used to fix vote-by-mail ballots sent with incorrect or missing information. Known as “cure affidavits,” those documents used to fix mail ballots were due no later than 5 p.m. on Nov. 5 — the day before the election. But affidavits released on Tuesday by the DOS show that documents from four different counties said the ballots could be returned by 5 p.m. on Thursday, which is not accurate.

What happens here is that if someone casts a "provisional ballot" then they have to come in and show documentation that they ARE that person (I gave out provisionals when someone was registered elsewhere in Dallas but they showed me their drivers' license or other documentation that they had moved to my district.)

I told them that they needed to 'cure' their vote (or it wouldn't be counted) by going to the County Elections department BEFORE the next Tuesday.

So that's the type of ballot that they're squabbling about. I gave out no more than 10 provisionals for my district. Not sure how many there were for the entire county but there could be hundreds. A lot of folks don't go in to "cure" the ballot... you have to go downtown Dallas for it and not everyone has the time to go do that.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

A decentralized blockchain is immutable.

And what do you mean you mean you don't know what is entered?

It's right there on the blockchain for you to see. That's the whole point of using a blockchain technology.

And no. Not all of a blockchains data is encrypted. But even if it is. As a user. You have a public and private keys. Only one person has the private keys. The user. No one else unless you share it.

Plus in a decentralized blockchain, a change in one node is visible to all in the network. We would know who was making changes.

Also if done right. The blockchain would be open source. Hopefully hosted on github. For everyone to review for bugs and backdoors.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

And no. Not all of a blockchains data is encrypted. But even if it is. As a user. You have a public and private keys. Only one person has the private keys. The user. No one else unless you share it.

OK... not going to go any farther with this. I'm not being mean here, but you just proved that you don't understand what goes on inside a computer. There's not enough room in this thread to educate you from that position. Might I suggest a little reading? There's some very good websites on the Internet about how encryption and I/O works.

Although you might want to start a little more basic... as in what a computer does and is, its capabilities and limitations.

I will say this much: the very purpose of a blockchain is to encrypt the data with other data; that's what makes it a blockchain. No encryption = no blockchain. Blockchain = encrypted data. Encryption = unable to read without decryption. No encryption = able to be read by anyone. The very fact there are keys means it is encrypted. No encryption = no keys. Encryption = keys. Period.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I think for the chain, encryption is getting confused with hashing.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal
Maybe you should allow the investigation to continue, for like, Ohhh I don't know, the next two years? We can start by interrogating every single person connected to Snipes and Latimer, search for any time one of their friends or aides so much as associated with anybody or anything from Russia. Yes, I do believe Russians could be involved with this, as it has already been proven that Democrats colluded with Russians as well during the 2016 election.

Lets just allow the investigation into election fraud continue, and lets have a special counsel appointed as well. If Snipe's or Latimer's Grandmothers so much as thought about having a bowl of borscht thirty years ago, that needs to be scrutinized as possible collusion with Russia in these elections.

I am telling you, the Democrats are doing it again, colluding with Russia in 2018 to meddle in this election. Can I get a Special Counsel please?

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

You are wrong.

www.coindesk.com...

data can be stored on blockchains in any combination of three ways:

Unencrypted data – can be read by every blockchain participant in the blockchain and is fully transparent.

Encrypted data – can be read by participants with a decryption key. The key provides access to the data on the blockchain and can prove who added the data and when it was added.

Hashed data – can be presented alongside the function that created it to show the data wasn’t tampered with.

An example of a blockchain that stores unencrypted data would be the Steem blockchain.

Here's the website, www.steemit.com... which currently uses a blockchain to store all posts made. Steemit.com is one of many different front ends that use the steem blockchain.

Here's a steem blockchain explorer showing a block with transactions in it. steemblockexplorer.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: EternalShadow

What do you see going on now? A bunch of lawsuits. Recounts that take weeks.

If you're worried about tampering then use blockchain technology. That's tamper proof.

The last time there were issues in Florida were because of punch cards. Now paper ballots. Why must we cling to old ways that clearly don't scale just because, that's the way they did it back in the old days?

Let me reiterate my first questions:

"What did the states do before there were electronic voting machines? Up until these machines existed, how did they manage to get anything done??"

You're implying that the voting systems have never really worked and it's high time we improve it because of the advent of technology?

Our voting system isn't a short skirt versus a long dress...nor a horse drawn cart versus an automobile.
Just because the 'times' have changed and society is now used to, more accurately, ADDICTED to instant gratification and convenience, doesn't mean we sacrifice the only perceivable power the people have to have their voices heard to a unsecure, eventual A.I. driven, internet!!

I don't see how hard this is to comprehend!

Certain processes are fundamentally unchanged for a reason.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

OK.

Then how do you fix things, so that a Florida recount that takes weeks, doesn't ever happen again?

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Typically a block chain use hashing to assure that data has not been changed.
edit on 11/15/2018 by roadgravel because: typo

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join