It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Male Teacher Punished, Refused To Watch Naked Female Student In Boys Locker Room

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Krakatoa

Yes, he would. Not to say that he would...but the risk.

I would have said no, as well. No way am I putting myself in a situation that could go bad through no fault of my own.

And the "I was only following orders" doesn't work as a defense in a court of law.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

...and you win the internet for today.

Congratulations!!

A very simple solution that works for all involved. So naturally, it is ignored.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Nope, it wouldn't have.

The obvious solution was/is the one you mentioned. Clear the locker room, then allow the transgenders in, or the other way 'round. Then the teacher won't be forced to deal with the possibility of being forced into an untenable position.

Because, a teenager would never, ever think of using this to their advantage, right?

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
People will look back and laugh at the stupid policies spreading throughout school on this issue. It's simple, if you have a vag go in the women's change room; if you have a penis go in the men's.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

The PE instructor may be able to hold off the kids in the locker room easily, but what happens later when these kids tell others and someone rapes that girl/guy whatever it is in transition.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

No kidding, bring back Home Economics or Civics classes

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

The only problem with that is then the transgender kid's parents will sue over him/her being made to feel singled out from the rest. That's why the idea of having a separate facility is always shot down.

"My kid feels singled out!"

If having a private facility is singling them out, how much more is it singling them out to clear the entire locker room specially for them? And don't tell me I'm being paranoid. You know this is what's going to happen.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The only problem with that is then the transgender kid's parents will sue over him/her being made to feel singled out from the rest. That's why the idea of having a separate facility is always shot down.

"My kid feels singled out!"

If having a private facility is singling them out, how much more is it singling them out to clear the entire locker room specially for them? And don't tell me I'm being paranoid. You know this is what's going to happen.

Then it is up to everyone to explain the the kid that it has to do with the legal system and ensuring nobody is risking being thrown in jail. But then, that would mean actually talking to the kid and having an intelligent conversation that is not clouded by emotional drivel that too many today seem to think rules their brains.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

It also presupposes that you are talking to rational and reasonable people too.

You are talking about a family that sent their female teen into a locker room naked with a bunch of naked teen boys basically because they could. They're more or less daring something to happen.

Now do you really think you're going to have a reasonable conversation with them?

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It also presupposes that you are talking to rational and reasonable people too.

You are talking about a family that sent their female teen into a locker room naked with a bunch of naked teen boys basically because they could. They're more or less daring something to happen.

Now do you really think you're going to have a reasonable conversation with them?

If the school offers that compromise, they have a choice to accept or find another school. But that cannot say that their kid was dismissed and tossed out for their choice of gender.

PS: I personally know a child of a close friend going through this right now. The key is to talk and compromise on the best solution for the child, and to put personal egos aside.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Looks like this story is a few weeks old. And no updates.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Except there most likely isn't enough time to have two groups, one following another. I suppose the length of time for the actual class activity could be shortened and ignore the whining.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

True enough.

There are, undoubtedly, other issues as well.

But it is a solution of sorts, until a resolution of some sort is come up with.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Looks like this story is a few weeks old. And no updates.

I am guessing they're operating on union time and we may never see any press updates or followups.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: roadgravel

True enough.

There are, undoubtedly, other issues as well.

But it is a solution of sorts, until a resolution of some sort is come up with.

But, it's a compromising starting point to at least provide a solution that does NOT require anyone to risk breaking the law to comply with the policy.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

The simplest solution always has been to just have one or two small changing and showering spaces available. These could be useful for more than just transgender kids as kids with medical needs could also use them in a pinch too as a temporary space.

But you wouldn't need more than one or two for the most part because, whether they like it or not, transgenders are such a tiny segment of the population. In fact, most districts would only really need one or two district wide and since most of these kids are self-IDing younger all the time, they can simply be tracked into those middle and high schools from that young age.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

At this stage, we need to bring back the #ing draft..!!!

Works in Israel, would work wonders in the Anglo-American world too. Students become strong, capable, responsible, skilled, open-minded societal contributors, in the vast majority of cases. They get a sense of pride in what they have achieved, as opposed to a falsely whipped-up sense of entitled rage about things they don't even understand.

The draft - two years' compulsory military service - is fast becoming the only sane solution to prevent any more generations from becoming low-skilled & philosophically/ ethically lost snowflakes in a world of ultra-leftist celebrity nonsense, Hollyweird & (Hel)L.A. bull#. It's utter LUNACY, and a great proportion of young people in this most recent generation simply aren't able to live anything approximating normal lives (at least until they're around 26-30 yrs old, when Reality has kicked in a little & reshaped some of their inane beliefs). All because of the entitled safe space shoutdown rioting violence of the university culture & the psychobabble harping of the uber-feminist/ uber-LGBTQSHWIXHWTS politicos/opinion formers on the braindead MSM & kids' TV, etc.

Crazy.

edit on 15.11.2018 by AstralThundera because: editing for clarity

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I have to commend this teacher for doing the right thing.

Its sad that this behavior (which was normal one upon a time) is now a punishable offense.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: whargoul

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
So in the liberal pc world its wrong to call someone out for being trans. But you cant put a so-called girl in the boys locker room without telling someone. But you can't tell them what you are telling them... But you have to tell them...

When will this stupidity stop?

I think in the liberal pc world, you put a trans boy in the boys locker room. Done. Would you exclude gay boys from a boys locker room? The base argument here is about sexuality. A trans-gendered boy wouldn't be sexually excited about other boys if he was not gay, so what does birth gender have to do with any of this? This is straight up transphobia, with a smattering of homophobia.

When will this conservative anti-pc stupidity stop?

I think this is the dumbest argument I've read in the last decade on ATS. And I've read a few.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

But you wouldn't need more than one or two for the most part because, whether they like it or not, transgenders are such a tiny segment of the population

This is a key point which is deliberately ignored, dismissed, overruled & shouted down whenever it is raised in discussions. 1-2% of the population are transgender identifying. 1-2% of the population are Type-1 Bipolar. 1-2% are schizophrenic. See where I'm going with this?

The trouble is that there is a huge drive (certainly here in the UK) to 'normalise' this, to such an overwhelmingly disproportionate measure that we have TV shows where around 20% of the characters are either homosexual or transgender.

The show I'm thinking of is Hollyoaks, which is a trashy soap for teenagers & young adults which really goes out of its way to promote, actively, promiscuous gay & heterosexual relationships, as well as the whole transgender thing, plus laziness & poor choices, with very little actual studying being evident or even implicit in the narratives. They all live in apartments & drive cars & hit parties & nights out in town which in reality, as university/college students & the working poor, they would never in a thousand years be able to afford. But that's to push young people into a state of wanting more, wanting it now, feeling entitled to everything which in reality, they should work long & hard to secure, as did previous generations. What they also almost entirely fail to show is anything approaching the horrendous food & fuel poverty that many families & independent working poor are facing due to circumstances brought about by disastrous, cynical, senseless, self-serving & shameful government policies over the course of many years.

A junior nurse working in our NHS, even when living with a working partner, is now very, very likely to be needing to depend on food banks to supplement her grocery shopping each week. It's a #ing disgrace, and no ethical government minister would ever vote in proposals which force dependence on charities, simply because these cynical politicos know that the food bank initiatives have expanded since 2008, and therefore wage freezes & all sorts of other costs can be laden onto young workers, because the charities will 'fill the gap' left by their disgusting disregard for the basic needs of the populace. The working populace. And then they foster malcontent between the working poor & those who cannot work because of disability - and the working poor end up misdirected by the cynical manipulations in media, leading some of them to grumble & complain that 'something must be done', leading to new cuts to the welfare payments so desperately needed by the sick & disabled. This society has become #ing scandalous, and Brexit, and trashy TV like Hollyoaks, simply make it worse.

The poor will be left eternally dissatisfied with life, carrying the can, while the politicos pretend to 'resign', yet end up shuffled into a new job (which they're eminently unqualified for), starting the following week..!! And we believe them when the media say that such-and-such has resigned in protest, and has 'condemned' the Prime Minister - yet still goes to the next conference with handshakes & smiles for that same PM. It's stagecraft! We need to take back control of our Houses of Parliament really - the public are starting to pay more attention to politics, and the whole shambles over Brexit has quite frankly made us look pathetic, instead of the strong, controlled, capable, fifth largest economy in the world..

[/rant]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join