It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin company decides to buy firearms for every employee this holiday season

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
“REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Eh, that's funny when it's said around page 4 once a few people start having a throbbing vein on their forehead.

Better luck next time champ.

Timing is everything.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

i live in ny, so i dont need to explain my shock

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

i live in ny, so i dont need to explain my shock

Haha, no sir you don't. I lived up state for a while and still have family there.

I'm in Virginia now, while we're a Commonwealth, we have pretty lax gun laws.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Cool, but why? If I was given it as a gift and all my co workers got the same thing, all I'd think of is "this is a really random gift, are we going to war"?
edit on 14-11-2018 by Soulece because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

im all for reasonable gun laws like reasonable background checks but i live in Rochester and where i live in the suburbs is very nice and very calm and people follow the laws mostly but you go in the City and there are kids(15yearolds or younger) with handguns selling drugs on the side streets.

our neighborhood had a guy that was breaking into cars and when they came by to ask if we had seen anything(we had not) they noticed my hardshell rifle bag and asked to see it, the whole conversation was very friendly and was an obvious hobby shooter but he noticed that my gun had a moveable stock(that came from the factory that way, and bought legally) and he asked if i had some paperwork exempting the stock and i didn't because everyone at my gun club didn't and i was told it was nothing to worry about, he said he had to take it away because the other officers saw it and if i wanted it back i would have to pay a small fee and pay for another stock, they let me keep my optics and mags but told me to lose the 30round ones.

its crazy that people get so worried about people who enjoy going out on the weekend and shooting some paper and make it hard to do that, when others can buy full auto rifles and 'burners' on the street corners downtown for under 200$

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

its crazy that people get so worried about people who enjoy going out on the weekend and shooting some paper and make it hard to do that, when others can buy full auto rifles and 'burners' on the street corners downtown for under 200$

Which is why I understand the lax laws here.

So while they're lax, you still have to register the gun in your name here.

Sure it's legal to buy guns with very few restrictions, but if I wanted to black market them, I can safely assume they're not going to register it in their name, so I would be liable.

Personally, the only other law I'd like to see passed is right when you sell a fire arm you get the person's information, relenquish your registration and they have X amount of days to register it in their name.

Same as a vehicle. The reason I like that one is it protects the seller as much as the buyer. There are loopholes here like the gun show loophole. Many people argue don't add any regulation or laws, but that one puts buyer and seller at risk.

Buyer could buy it fair and square, and the seller reports it stolen. You ever have a run in with the law and they run the serial.... We all know how that goes.

On the inverse a seller could sell to someone who doesn't register it in their name. They commit a crime, wipe their prints... Good much.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Can't say I disagree with forcing ownership

What??? Really???

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I should see if my company is willing to fork over some heat.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

The poster to whom I responded to says he disagrees with the arguable 'forced ownership.' I don't disagree with them on that.

The reality is that it's not forced in this case or anywhere that I'm aware of.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
“REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Said no one..but you.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Only good thing will come out of this!

*grabs popcorn

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Ummm...if they're really...really...afraid of the loud noise making means of protection...

Then I have a brilliant solution...

Re-gift such an item to moi...I'm quite sure I have the capacity to wear ear protection...should the need arise...

Case solved...and hurt feewings assuaged...while carefully avoiding any harm to any and all puppies...

They're so cuuuuuude...

YouSir
edit on 15-11-2018 by YouSir because: I admit to haste when posting my response...after careful consideration and proofreading of course...I felt the distinct urge to change an singular word...for a more descriptive varient of the same...natch...

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

This is sure to spur some interesting debate.

In my view, putting guns in folks hands is the quickest way to education, which IMO, is the key to living in a country that has firearms embedded into its history and constitution.

I think this is an awful idea.
It's like buying puppies at Christmas.

Who's gonna be looking after these guns in January?

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Ummm...really...?

Pshaw...that's nothing...

I'm adept at hunting with...a steak knife...

And a fork...

I hunt all around my plate for that last bite of Rib eye...

Matter of fact...I have even been known to chase that little bugger through absolute rivers of gravy...as they spilled from mashed potato mountain...

Tell him to top...that...

YouSir

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Can't say I disagree with forcing ownership, well kind of forcing. Hamfisted in the attempt, but the sentiment is there.

Perhaps a paid day at the range would have been more economical and effective.

Hell if they can afford a pistol for everyone, they can probably afford a day at the range.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I wouldn't be oppose to that notion so long as I get half of the re-gifted ones.

Only problem I have with the idea is I don't know if I'd want.

Smith and Wesson 357. mag?

Or a Taurus 45/410?

I like that latter, options are great.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
I should see if my company is willing to fork over some heat.

Everyone show your boss this article.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

How do they get past the Federal regulation about purchasing a firearm for someone else?

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: JinMI

How do they get past the Federal regulation about purchasing a firearm for someone else?

They give them the funds to buy it themselves!

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

That's not the same as buying someone a firearm. I'd use mine for something else in that case.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join