It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Avenatti Arrested For Felony Domestic Violence

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: xuenchen
Bail set at $50,000.00

🚬💨

That will be difficult to make for a tax cheat whose accounts are locked up pending payment of all the various judgements he's lost over the past year. Maybe Dwayne "Dog" Chapman can bail him out and then hunt him down around Christmastime when he skips town and jumps bail.

Haha! Wouldn't that be a great headline! Avenatti unable to make bail pleading for financial help!

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

...whether this is true or not.

:-)

I guess we'll have to wait and see. The timing seems - conspicuous?

He's a major pain in the ass. I can't support him for president, but I'll miss having him on the scene of this, our colossal clusterfudge

edit on 11/14/2018 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Let's hope none of the deep state players treated this chump like anything beyond a convenient tool. If any of them were stupid enough to directly pay him, share plans with him, or otherwise educate him on any of the inner workings of the political machine and the anti-Trump scam, then he can probably blackmail his way to a lot more than his bail money.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

twitter.com...

LAPD HQ
‏Verified account @LAPDHQ

Update: We can confirm that Michael Avenatti (DOB: 02-16-71) was booked this afternoon on a felony domestic violence charge (273.5 PC). His bail is set at $50,000.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Ah , She Hit Him First . The Women Is Always Right ...........)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Are there two of these threads? I can't find me post.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Ah , She Hit Him First . The Women Is Always Right ...........)

I BELIEVE HER!

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Ironic that both Stormy and her lawyer have been arrested for Domestic Abuse.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Were you saying any of that when he came out with the Sweatnick fiasco? Don't get me wrong, you occasionally do call a player a player. But I don't recall any on the left talking about his credibility then

I don't recall if I had occasion to comment on Swetnick but I can tell you that among lefties I associate with, Avenatti getting involved in the Kavanaugh debacle caused a lot of eye-rolling from the jump.

There was however a weird clique of women on the Left who were treating this clown as some sort of sex symbol. I dunno, people are strange and a lot of them are stupid.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
There was however a weird clique of women on the Left who were treating this clown as some sort of sex symbol.

Yup, I mentioned that in this thread as well. I can name the member. Every mention of "Avanatti" on here resulted in posts of virtual doe-eyes and textual bumping and grinding over the guy. I don't get it, but I'm neither a female nor a vapid hot mess, so maybe that's playing a role there.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: theantediluvian
There was however a weird clique of women on the Left who were treating this clown as some sort of sex symbol.

Yup, I mentioned that in this thread as well. I can name the member. Every mention of "Avanatti" on here resulted in posts of virtual doe-eyes and textual bumping and grinding over the guy. I don't get it, but I'm neither a female nor a vapid hot mess, so maybe that's playing a role there.

I believe the term "Hottie Avenatti" is the most popular with his enamored ATS members.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Politics aside for the moment.

Domestic Violence laws are complex. Just because a person hits you in a domestic setting does not always mean the person who threw the punch goes to jail.

There is a term in domestic violence laws called a primary physical aggressor. This term has nothing to do with who threw the first punch (what have you) but more along the lines of who, for lack of a better term, did the most damage.

Considerations -
An officer should make reasonable effort to identify, and arrest the primary aggressor in a domestic incident. The following are guides in determining probable cause and primary physical aggressor:

Fear: Who talks and acts scared?
Body Language: Who displays an aggressive stance? Consider the physical size of the parties as a factor, though not the only one?
History of Abuse: Consider past medical records, 911 tapes, police reports, shelter stays, and Order of Protections. Examine the paper trail.
Neighbors and Witnesses: Consider prior and typical behavior.
Excited Utterances: Statements of adults and children blurted out at the scene while they are still upset.
Injuries: Who is injured, and are the injuries defensive or offensive?
Crime Scene: Observe smashed furniture, empty liquor bottles or beer cans.

Other factors are in play but as with everything law enforcement its a case by case basis. These requirements for primary physical aggressor are universal in the United States regardless of what state you reside in.

Just some info for those interested.

We now return you back to our regularly scheduled episode of Political bashing: 2018 already in progress.

edit on 14-11-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I never could stand this guy. He always gave off the ambulance chaser vibe. However, with that said Avenatti claims he is being set up.

New statement from @MichaelAvenatti via his law office: “I have never been physically abusive in my life nor was I last night. Any accusations to the contrary are fabricated and meant to do harm to my reputation. I look forward to being fully exonerated.”

Twitter

The other interesting tidbit, remember Jacob Wohl, the guy that said Mueller raped a woman and created a fake intelligence agency to research those claims. It appears he is attempting to take credit for breaking this story.

SureFire Intelligence

This should be interesting at least. Who has the popcorn?

Also, Avenatti's old tweets aren't holding up too well either

Tweet1
Tweet2

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

His guilt-ridden-virtue-signaling overfloweth.

As do my lulz.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

LAPD HQ
‏Verified account @LAPDHQ

Update: We can confirm that Michael Avenatti (DOB: 02-16-71) was booked this afternoon on a felony domestic violence charge (273.5 PC). His bail is set at $50,000.

Why is the LAPD HQ posting this to Twitter? Is this really an LAPD official account?

Your LAPD HQ Twitter post was posted at 5:15 PM. How can it be that just one hour and 10 minutes earlier, at 4:05 PM,your LAPD HQ posted this:

We can confirm that today LAPD Detectives arrested Michael Avenatti on suspicion of domestic violence. This is an ongoing investigation and we will provide more details as they become available.

At 4:20 PM, This interview Avenetti did with NBC News was published. www.nbcnews.com...

So, within one hour they did their investigation, the DA decided to prosecute him for a felony, AND Avenetti had a bail hearing, which set the bail at $50K? He paid the bail AND then did an interview with NBC News, all within an hour? Something is very wrong here. Is this really an official LAPD Twitter Account?

edit on 14-11-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Yes it is an official LAPD account.

I would imagine it had a lot to do with CNN claiming the story was false. Also it was not Avenattis wife who filed the complaint. It was an ex of his who did.

Booking a person into jail is a matter of public record so no laws were violated if that was where you were going with it. Given thats it is LA and they have more than enough well known people living there anything they do polkice wise to those people result in a flood of media outlets wanting info.

Twitter is easier.

The person who was arrested, his DOB and what he was charged with. The followup tweet was his bond information.

ETA -
Go to this site -
sheriff.lacounty.gov...

Left hand side half way down you will see a link that says
- Custody inmate and jail information

It takes you to a search entry. Type in the info and if they have the person and its been longer than 2 hours since he/she was booked the info wil show up.

edit on 15-11-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I would imagine it had a lot to do with CNN claiming the story was false. Also it was not Avenattis wife who filed the complaint. It was an ex of his who did.

What would TMZ, CNN or any other media outlet have to do with official LAPD Twitter statement? It certainly doesn't explain how, at 4:05 PM, LAPD HQ posted that Avenatti had been arrested on Domestic Violence charges, and that this was an ongoing investigation, but by 5:15, the investigation was over, Avenatti had been charged by the DA with a felony, apparently had a bail hearing and had done an NBC interview.

Booking a person into jail is a matter of public record so no laws were violated if that was where you were going with it.

Nope. What occurred to me was how much this incident reminds me of the Stormy Daniels arrest, during her show.

Twitter is easier.

Easier than what? Why does the LAPD HQ feel the need to broadcast Avenetti's domestic squabbles before they've been investigated? It's not like there aren't raging wild fires, traffic problems and looting issues in monied fire ravaged areas, that the LAPD HQ is dealing with right now. But, I don't see any recent LAPD HQ tweets about evacuation areas, road closures/openings, power outages and traffic snarls, etc.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
What would TMZ, CNN or any other media outlet have to do with official LAPD Twitter sta........

To clear up confusion and media requests for information about the arrest and circumstances involved. In addition to confirm that it was indeed the Michael Avenatti the lawyer and some other person with the same name.

Nope. What occurred to me was how much this incident reminds me of the Stormy Daniels arrest, during her show.

Yup -
and again arresting and booking information is a matter of public record. In this case LAPD confirmed the incident and arrest. Not to mention they interviewed Avenatti on scene and his answers incriminated himself for the felony Domestic charge.

Easier than what? Why does the LAPD HQ feel the need .....

I have explained this a few times now. LAPD was the investigating agency, the arresting agency and the agency who filled out his booking info for county. Given his high profile status its easier putting out the information in a blanket format to cut down on inquiries.

Again the info is a matter of public info and the LAPD have more important things to do that p[lay the telephone game with world media outlets.
edit on 15-11-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Well the proof he was guilty was on his GFs face.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Well the proof he was guilty was on his GFs face.

Does Avenatti deny hitting her?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join