It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox's defense of CNN lawsuit over Acosta shows corrupt MSM sticks together

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: UKTruth

He didn't push her away, I watched those videos several times when Sublime posted them, there was no 'forcible shoving'.

Well i watched them too and he clearly pushed her arm down - forcibly away from the mic.
Those are the facts.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Now you're playing semantics. 'Forcibly' pushing someone away and pushing someone's arm down are two different things.

When you do the hyperbole thing it makes people take you less seriously. The guy was being a dick without people embellshing the encounter.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Pardon me? Pushing the lady's arm down to stop her taking the mic is not forceful?
Did he apply force to retain possession of the mic? Yes, he did.
There is no exaggeration.
Exaggeration would be saying something like 'he pushed her and she lost balance and injured herself'

edit on 15/11/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

It is not 'forcibly pushing someone away'. You're being obtuse.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I have a feeling that several Fox News employees will be fired, for not "toeing the line".
twitter.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I'd say factual.
He used force to stop the mic being taken by pushing her arm away.

i.e. he forcibly pushed her away.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Did he push her away or her arm down? Obtuseness^2.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Did he push her away or her arm down? Obtuseness^2.

Both.
He pushed her arm away in a downward direction.
I am pretty confident her arm is part of 'her'.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Pushing someone's arm down and pushing someone away, 'forcibly', are two wholly different things, and you did say 'away'. Obtuseness^10^100.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

He didn't push her away, I watched those videos several times when Sublime posted them, there was no 'forcible shoving'.

Well i watched them too and he clearly pushed her arm down - forcibly away from the mic.
Those are the facts.

When Trump's campaign manager (Cory Lewandewski?) did that to a reporter in 2016, the MSM forced him to resign!

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Pushing someone's arm down and pushing someone away, 'forcibly', are two wholly different things, and you did say 'away'. Obtuseness^10^100.

He pushed her arm away - left, right, up, down - who cares.
Like I said, her arm is part of her, so to say he pushed her away forcibly is exactly correct.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Indeed. Well they 'tried' to force him to resign and some suggested he should be in prison.. and of course, CNN no less, ran a special interview show so we could see her cry for effect. Seems they are less concerned now about one of their own forcibly pushing a woman away.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

He pushed her arm away - left, right, up, down - who cares.
Like I said, her arm is part of her, so to say he pushed her away forcibly is exactly correct.

For someone from the country where they allegedly invented the language you're having a hard time grasping the concept of what you claimed, that he 'forcibly pushed her away'.

'Pushing someone away' implies a lateral movement, i.e. 'shoving', you already agreed that he pushed her arm down - the vertical.

Dickish man was a dick but people using hyperbole only makes it sound like a mary is whining about aggressive shoving when it wasn't.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I did not use the word shoved - you just did.
Nor was I implying anything. I was merely stating what actually happened.
Nor did I use the work 'aggressively' - you just added that.

You seem to be reacting to your own interpretation of what I said, which is on you.

The words I used are perfectly correct. He forcibly pushed her away. If he hadn't used force and he hadn't pushed her arm away, she would have taken the mic without resistance.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
He pushed her arm "away" from the mic -- ie, farther from the mic. The distance can increase in the x,y, or z axis and still be farther "away". He used enough force to lower her shoulder involuntarily. Thus he "forced" her "away" from the mic .

It's sort of pathetic to play semantic games to defend this 4-year old in a suit.

Would you let anyone touch/treat you wife or employees that way? It's grossly inappropriate. Describe it however you want semantically, but it's not appropriate.

The end.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
He pushed her arm "away" from the mic -- ie, farther from the mic. The distance can increase in the x,y, or z axis and still be farther "away". He used enough force to lower her shoulder involuntarily. Thus he "forced" her "away" from the mic .

It's sort of pathetic to play semantic games to defend this 4-year old in a suit.

Would you let anyone touch/treat you wife or employees that way? It's grossly inappropriate. Describe it however you want semantically, but it's not appropriate.

The end.
Well said.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

LOL You guys are pathetic! The White House isn't even using that argument as it's motivation to pull Acosta's hard pass anymore!

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
CNN was not banned from attending press conferences, only the reporter who was not acting proper was banned and he has done similar things before. What happened to reporters being civil, allowing everyone a chance to get a question in. The same stupid reporters always get to talk, they hog the mike all the time. They should have some sort of rotation so three or four reporters do not steal the limelight. Ban all the pushy ones and everyone will get a chance someday.

Not only that, but Acosta has not actually been banned/ It's only his hard pass that has been revoked. He can still get a day pass - just like any other journalist can apply.

The thing is, not every journalist has a hard pass, so it's complete nonsense to think the Judiciary could interfere with a separate branch of Govt regarding this matter. If CNN find some liberal judge to rule in favour of the idiot Acosta then press conferences will be done. There is no law that says they need to be held at all. If the WH can't decide who comes in then what is stop Alex Jones suing for access and screaming his head off the whole time????

Costa is just the same as Jones, just on the other side of the debate.
This law suit is nonsense.

The White house responded to this. They said that they do not have to leave any journalist enter the white house and it does not interfere with the freedom of the press. The White house is a very secure location, they can pick and choose or deny any journalist they want coming in the place, they can even say nobody is allowed in the white house if they want, both regular people or journalists. They are right, they can restrict anyone they want to from joining in those press conferences, even every journalist if they want. Freedom of the press does not automatically give a journalist access to the president and his staff, they can invite whom ever they want.

uk.news.yahoo.com...

The White house is correct, they can choose which reporters have access, there is no freedom of the press that allows any reporter to have access to the premisis. It would be like saying any citizen can go in the white house, even a known terrorist who is a citizen. The White house has authority over who is allowed to go inside and attend it's functions. That is not covered by any rights we have, the secret service can also ban people from attending political functions, including reporters if they want. Freedom of the press gives the press the right to print and report on things, it does not give them the right to enter my house without permission or even go on my land without permission.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Acosta refused to yield and forcefully pushed her away.

He was being a dick but he certainly didn't push her away.

There is no doubt that he pushed her arm down to stop her getting the mic from him.
I don't think the physical contact is a problem, it was minor, but he (and CNN) lied when they said her didn't touch her - and they then went on a campaign of lies to try and make people believe the video of it was doctored.

The accusation was that Acosta "laid hands on her".

There was no counter claim that he didn't come into contact at all. It was that he didn't use his hands when deflecting her.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
"Obviously, I never put my hands on her or touched her, as they're alleging" , says Accosta ...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join