It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox's defense of CNN lawsuit over Acosta shows corrupt MSM sticks together

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Doubtful.

Leftist need an anchor and MadCow is the one that feed them leftist feed, an acosta apparently.

Plus, thats daily, it shifts you dolt 🤣

They have to split whatever lefties are left, 😂 wow that's sad.
edit on 14-11-2018 by Arnie123 because: #truth

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
who cares what either of these networks think or say?

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
CNN was not banned from attending press conferences, only the reporter who was not acting proper was banned and he has done similar things before. What happened to reporters being civil, allowing everyone a chance to get a question in. The same stupid reporters always get to talk, they hog the mike all the time. They should have some sort of rotation so three or four reporters do not steal the limelight. Ban all the pushy ones and everyone will get a chance someday.

Uh, I take it you don't realize Trump picks who he wants to get a question from. Next your going to try and explain to me how its Acosta's fault Trump keeps picking him.......

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

And he answered that question, which was the end of Acosta's time, also why would you ask the person being investigated vs the person in charge of the investigation. They're likely not to know anything unless they have charges pending against them. It was asinine posturing is your answer.

There is no legal grounds as their is no law making the president let any person in particular in the press room.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

"While we don’t condone the growing antagonistic tone by both the President and the press at recent media avails, we do support a free press, access and open exchanges for the American people.”

It's nice to see Fox stand up and be counted on this , banning journalists because they ask hard questions is a slippery slope.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
If you believe that all of this nonsense is to cause destabilization then it all makes perfect sense.

After all, you got to heat it up before you can bang into the shape you want.
(See my avatar.)

The antgaganda campaign is real.
edit on 14-11-2018 by GenerationGap because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

CNN was not banned from attending press conferences, only the reporter who was not acting proper was banned and he has done similar things before. What happened to reporters being civil, allowing everyone a chance to get a question in. The same stupid reporters always get to talk, they hog the mike all the time. They should have some sort of rotation so three or four reporters do not steal the limelight. Ban all the pushy ones and everyone will get a chance someday.

Uh, I take it you don't realize Trump picks who he wants to get a question from. Next your going to try and explain to me how its Acosta's fault Trump keeps picking him.......

Well that fact that trump kept picking him seems to shoot down the narrative he is avoiding hearing questions he doesn’t like

Also it’s always the same people because the msm who in their statement mention the importance of “independent journalists “ are always chosen because they are the only people allowed in, and trumo and his team pretty much call on everyone who has a question

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

"While we don’t condone the growing antagonistic tone by both the President and the press at recent media avails, we do support a free press, access and open exchanges for the American people.”

It's nice to see Fox stand up and be counted on this , banning journalists because they ask hard questions is a slippery slope.

Hard questions is one thing, acting like a two year old in a press conference is quite another thing altogether.

If everyone behaved like Acosta, it would all turn into incoherent yellers from the gallery like we see at college speeches. It only adds to the destabilization of institutions, which some could easily argue is the end game of the elites anyways.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Why does the press not advocate for Alex Jones at these pressers?

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

To attend White House press briefings you need a government issued press ID. Does Gay Frog Steroid Shirt have one?

edit on 14-11-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

...or Laura Loomer? I like her.

#Loomered, lmfao
edit on 14-11-2018 by Arnie123 because: Heh

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Good OP

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead
a reply to: chr0naut

And he answered that question, which was the end of Acosta's time, also why would you ask the person being investigated vs the person in charge of the investigation. They're likely not to know anything unless they have charges pending against them. It was asinine posturing is your answer.

There is no legal grounds as their is no law making the president let any person in particular in the press room.

Both questions were about Trump's reading of the situations.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

The msm is the same way. while fox may seem enemies with CNN the truth is they are both concerned about basically only one thing; maintaining their near total control over what information gets put out to the public.

While Trump might pretend to be enemies with the media, the truth is they're in a mutually beneficial symbiotic relationship.

They do feed off of each other, but I truly believe they dislike each other.

I truly believe that despite trump being good for ratuings for the media, they overwheming amount of msm people will be ecstatic to get trump out of office.

I'm sure on a personal level, many of them aren't fans of Trump. Lots of people aren't. On the other hand, many people on Fox are all but in the Trump administration. Your argument in the OP, as I took it, was that despite these ostensible differences, the reality is that all of these outlets are owned by a handful of conglomerates and that explains Fox defending Acosta.

Basically, you're saying that at Fox there is a disconnect between the talking heads that adulate Trump (Hannity, Pirro, Dobbs, etc etc) and the folks that actually run Fox (Suzanne Scott, the Murdoch family — whoever). I disagree with that. Murdoch and Trump are known to have regular phone calls. Murdoch and Fox executives have done little to nothing to discourage their folks from being surrogates for Trump, openly campaigning for Trump, becoming defacto advisors to Trump, etc.

I don't think anyone at Fox wants to see Trump out of office. Not only is Murdoch a right-winger himself, he's making good money. I just don't see what the motivation would be for Fox News to be anti-Trump.

As for the others, there *could* be some sort of conflict between the politics of the people running things and their profit motive but I personally think that the profit motive wins out. And I think you also forget the history of Trump and CNN President Jeff Zucker.

CNN’s Zucker vs. Trump: How They Built Each Other Up and Want to Tear Each Other Down

“Great move by CNN if they sign Jeff Zucker,” Donald Trump tweeted in November 2012. “He was responsible for me and The Apprentice on NBC — became #1 show!”

Not quite five years later, Trump banned Zucker’s White House reporter Jim Acosta. On Tuesday, CNN sued.

“There is no figure in media more responsible for Donald Trump’s legitimacy in media, which led to his rise in politics and to the presidency, than Jeff Zucker,” media critic Stephen Miller told TheWrap.

Early in the campaign, Trump and Zucker were on good terms, a person who knows Zucker well told TheWrap.

“Donald would say to Jeff, ‘Can you believe I’m going this far?’ Behind the scenes they would kind of joke about it,” the person said. “I don’t think anyone expected it to go this far. They were friendly during the campaign.”

Keep in mind how far back Zucker and Trump go. Zucker was running NBC when he picked up The Apprentice in 2004. They've known one another for a very long time and they've made one another lots of money.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven
In simple terms - the establishment dislikes Trump and will do everything in their power to limit his power.

Outside of that, they are just anchored in until the storm passes, until 'normalcy' returns and a scared, docile politician is back in the WH.

Pretty much you nailed it. The MSM loved the Obama admin because Obama was a good little puppy who just his follows, Trump doesn't want to follow their script you clearly see how angrily the mainstream news media are reacting to his agenda and way his behaving off the script.
edit on 14-11-2018 by AtlasHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
Trump can kick anyone out of his house that he wants. lol

That isn't his house. It's ours.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Well that fact that trump kept picking him seems to shoot down the narrative he is avoiding hearing questions he doesn’t like

Also it’s always the same people because the msm who in their statement mention the importance of “independent journalists “ are always chosen because they are the only people allowed in, and trumo and his team pretty much call on everyone who has a question

Truly "Independent Journalists" are people like you, me, and really everyone hat see's a story and writes about it in the nontraditional media (like ATS). Some print people are also what I would call independent, but for the most part any TV media is nothing more then a fancy voice box for their sponsors. What to know who controls TV, go spend a day watching commercials. It's the same people that control the news for the most part. Cable news is the worst, local news is the better of the TV news, but it seems that more and more the internets are become "The most trusted name in news".

I great interview piece that was done years ago about CNN, but Cable news in general was conducted on Neil De 'Grass Tyson's Star Talk Radio with former CNN science correspondent Miles O'Brien:

Star Talk: Miles O'Brien (part 1)
Star Talk: Miles O'Brien (Part 2)
He gives a little history about himself and his time on CNN, and where CNN started to fail. It's a good listen to, but just a little piece of evidence. Gore Vidal had written about how at the end of WW2, many people that worked during the war had gotten quickly and quietly into the emerging TV broadcast markets.

As one old guy in TV once said; "it was either TV or the CIA, but either way we only did what we knew". So of course the MSM will defend their own, and allow true independent journalists to be fed to the wolves, they do as they are told to do by the same people regardless of what channel they are on.

Even though I brought the CIA, I'm not stating that the CIA has anything to do with the cable news, but rather that the same propaganda mentality works through both of them. The CIA has a "Trust everything we say" mentality, and CNN has their "We'll tell you what to think" mentality. If anyone thinks that it's different at any other Murdoch, TimeWarner, RT, BBC, or whatever owned and controlled station well that's an issue that the stations thrive on.

edit on 14-11-2018 by Guyfriday because: Removed a wierd typo

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

But CNN had no issues behaving kindly to Obama or asking him sweet questions.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Or Julian Assange? I'm still waiting on supporters of the "free press" to show him some support.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

Not many that get that

The White House isn't a palace, and he is not our king

They act as if they're doing people a favor by talking to us at all

He's nothing but a government employee

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join