It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Reason for CA Fires?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: LtFluffyCakes96

Please check your PM'S

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet
Anyways... sounds plausible to me, if you consider the plan to create zones. There will definitely be a pack’em and stack ‘em vertical housing. Agricultural zones, etc, etc.

Then again it’s also reasonable to consider Earth is going through changes with the weather being a major contributor. Dry land, Santa Anna winds, valleys trapping winds.

I've come to learn that when you take certain facts from every angle and put em together, it makes way more sense.

I don’t know.
I’d like to hear more.

Will definitely keep you informed.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

THANK YOU, This is the kind of stuff I joined ATS for, not political mudslinging. More of this please

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

THANK YOU, This is the kind of stuff I joined ATS for, not political mudslinging. More of this please

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Don't forget that he also posts music videos that contribute nothing to a conversation. Been seeing that for a long time now. Hell, maybe we -should- start a topic on Phage.

-awaits witty one-liner and/or music video link-

Go ahead and surprise me for once.

Edit to add: OP, please add what you can; some of us are actually interested in this beyond scoring itty bitty green stars.
edit on 14-11-2018 by AM10101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I’m interested in seeing what you can dig up.

What did you mean though, to search Santa Rosa?

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: AM10101
some of us are actually interested in this beyond scoring itty bitty green stars.

Context...

You may not have been around when this thread got posted but it was editted after. In the original OP it had practically nothing but a link and a message that the OP would continue as soon as he found the time.

Effectively claiming the topic so all the itty bitty green stars this topic might generate would end up on his/her account.

So what you are saying about one member might actually be more true for an other member.

Peace
edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoThu, 15 Nov 2018 01:08:47 -0600am3008201811 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

some of us are actually interested in this beyond scoring itty bitty green stars.

Context...

You may not have been around when this thread got posted but it was editted after. In the original OP it had practically nothing but a link and a message that the OP would continue as soon as he found the time.

Effectively claiming the topic so all the itty bitty green stars this topic might generate would end up on his/her account.

So what you are saying about one member might actually be more true for an other member.

Peace

Up until right now, I never knew what the green stars were or how one would even get em, more or less care about getting em. But now I know. On a side note, If and when I post things, it's topics that I have an interest in and want to further my knowledge in.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet

I’m interested in seeing what you can dig up.

What did you mean though, to search Santa Rosa?

It was meant to say to research the 'Santa Rosa fires'. That fire, as well as the rest of em, have or are burning in the path of where the bullet train is to be built.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: LtFluffyCakes96
If and when I post things, it's topics that I have an interest in and want to further my knowledge in.

Your original thread was a spit in the face of everybody who actually paid more than 10sec on creating their thread.

Quality content they call it.

You are using threads as your personal sticky notes and that is what you got called out for.

A thread title "real reason for CA fire?", a link and no further content..

That is kind of clickbaity.

Peace

edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoThu, 15 Nov 2018 01:46:19 -0600am3046201811 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

If and when I post things, it's topics that I have an interest in and want to further my knowledge in.

Your original thread was a spit in the face of everybody who actually paid more than 10sec on creating their thread.

Quality content they call it.

You are using threads as your personal sticky notes and that is what you got called out for.

A thread title "real reason for CA fire?", a link and no further content..

That is kind of clickbaity.

Peace

I will admit, to the 'personal sticky note' matter, but ultimately i continue to put more than my two cents into this thread. When I had first posted it, I was at work, simply didn't have the time to read the texts off a photo and then type them in on my computer, since copy and pasting it is not an option for a photo.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Yeah I get it but instead of waiting to create a quality thread you post a link and basically the message "here, you guys do the research"..

The poster getting all the slack pointed this out but after your edit his post seems out of context.

I guess quality content is really important to some (incl. me) and I hope your future threads will be a joy to read.

Peace

ETA: some people are really showing their true colors in this thread...sad

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants

I suppose the same topography that determines the most practical path on which to install electrical lines would also be the most practical path on which to build a rail road. And of course these electrical lines are a known cause of wildfires. Coincidence? I don't know.

I go with that theory. To locate electrical lines, you want the ground that has the least gradient. So either mountain peaks or mountain valleys. Each of these is also going to either funnel the wind to a high speed, which is where the forest fires would occur. With high winds, the power lines swing around and spark, causing fires. To build a railroad, you need to be next to power lines.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Well, here's the difference between us I guess: I see a thread that I don't find interesting or entertaining, I move on. I don't feel the need to tell someone how to post or what to post. I'm not a moderator, nor would I want to be.

If the content or lack thereof is or was an issue then I guess it would have been removed.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   

If the content or lack thereof is or was an issue then I guess it would have been removed.

The quality of ATS is depending on members to follow the T&C"s. I"m not going to hit the alert button every time I see something but I am not one to walk away from a chance to improve the quality of ATS by pointing stuff out....especially the obvious stuff.

Be Descriptive: Please do not create minimal thread-starters that simply ask people to check out a link or video.

Respect Content: Please refrain from pasting very-large portions of content from other sites, simply paste a relevant snippet and link.

No Shorthand: Please do not use "txting" shorthand in your posts, this is an international site and many people may not understand your post.

Proper Title: Make sure your title properly describes your new thread, and please do not use ALL-CAPS.

Peace
edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoThu, 15 Nov 2018 06:10:48 -0600am3010201811 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Then send a PM.

I see all of those qualifiers defied every single day on this site.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Then send a PM.

If the function worked it might be an option. The thing never lights up and as a consequence I sometimes get messages back send 3 months ago

I see all of those qualifiers defied every single day on this site.

And it would be worse if people didn"t regulate each other...

Peace
edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoThu, 15 Nov 2018 06:20:30 -0600am3020201811 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   

It was meant to say to research the 'Santa Rosa fires'. That fire, as well as the rest of em, have or are burning in the path of where the bullet train is to be built.

No it didn't, the Santa Rose fire was no where near the proposed ROW. Here is the map from your Original Post, locate Santa Rosa:

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Santa rosa would be near your left nipple in the above post....lol

right next to Bohemian Grove by the way...hmmm

Peace
edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoThu, 15 Nov 2018 07:43:29 -0600am3043201811 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

That's because I'm standing on the Galapagos.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join