It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What made you join ATS?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Cool Thread, i remember ATS was the place to go for UFO related stories, back then it seemed more relevant then it is now. The story that made me create a account must have bin the John Titor story, back then it was very hot item:
John Titor Archive: Interview with a time traveler (page 1 of 19)
Also the Serpo story was one to keep you on the point of your seat as a lurker, it still is a great read even now, can't miss that one.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
All the free madness.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I almost forgot,some of the posts are funnier than the comic's.
I love reading some posts with my morning coffee.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
It used to be really cool and different with odd news stories, interesting opinions and conversations.
Now it sucks. It's all political BS and everyone just argues.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I'm a weirdo and enjoy surrounding myself as such.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
They banned my previous account.

Because I had a buncha crazy chrs in it.

And you know some sort of update happened malformed mah name and no longer could log in, and then I forgot my other username / login.

So yeah.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

So I had to join with this name.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

So I had to join with this name.

I had a name before this name as well. I forgot what it was after being "busy with life" for several years. I couldn't be bothered. Then I came back. There aren't many BB's left in this world.

Like I abandoned the internet (sort of), came back - and then everyone was on Facebook. And let's face it, Facebook is horrible. Just a freaking huge slime ball of stupid.

Anyway, that's that. I just hang out and act all superior and stuff. Smell my armpits, that kind of thing.

(post by underwerks removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I don’t know how to link threads, but the one that got me to join ATS was posted by Domo1 in July/2011, called “8-3-11 Creepy Website! Can we figure out the code??”

That was a mega thread, and I was so impressed by the smart minds that figured it out. I was hooked from that point.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Here is the thread.

All you have to do is go to the thread, copy the link from the top bar, and when you are typing your post, just use the link button (the square with an arrow exiting the top right corner) type in the text you want to appear, hit ok, then paste the link.

You can also link specific comments. When you see one you want someone to be directed to, hit the thumb tack above the comment, top right, and then copy the link from the address bar up top.... When they click that link they will go directly to your comment.

Also, that looks like a cool thread, thanks for the input!

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
QUOTE REMOVED BY STAFF

Yea, I've been getting tired of it.

I imagined this thread has been done before, but I figured why not see if some new members chime in, or, if they're like me and take a day off, it gets lost.

I search by "new" most days.

My next thread will be favorite Thanksgiving recipes, if someone beats me to it, it's no knock to me.

Probably the best way we can bring civility to the board is by making subject matters removed from politics.
edit on 14-11-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Ummm...you did man...sniff...it was you...

Oh...wait...I joined in the year of our Lord...aught 10...

You...newb...

Actually...it was the lurker syndrome that eventually drove me out of the shadows...and into the light...

Since then...I have been reborn...a veritable enlightened one...awash in Gnostic splendor...

My how you all...sintitillate...

YouSir

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I found out others around the world heard it too!

Still don’t know where it came from!

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I stumbled across this site via a link from another site/article I was reading. I was a lurker for a long time then felt the need to respond to a post so I signed up. I don't say much but really like the site. Like most folks have mentioned, I'm not crazy about the some of (the majority really) the comments in a lot of the political threads. I usually just stay out of them though.

I have a wide range of interests and ATS allows me to dabble in each of them. Growing up I was fascinated (nearly obsessed) with Bigfoot. I wanted to meet one but at the same time was terrified that I actually might! I have also always been interested in the idea of UFO's. As a kid I used to stare out my window at night and wonder what/who was out there. If we were really alone in the universe. Never did see anything. This site allows me to read about other people's stories/experiences and ask the same questions I did as a kid.

Plus it's fun to read some of the smart ass comments from some of the more prevalent posters here. Cracks me up.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Gothmog

A well put together multiple thread complete documentation of the events and people surrounding the Kennedy assassinations
Dont know if those threads still exist

You talking about Rising Against's threads?

I dont know.
This would have been (if I remember correctly) 2003-2004 ????
I do know it was the best put together set of threads in history

edit on 11/14/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I dont know.

Nah, his were later than that, maybe they were the ones linked on the last page.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Before 2003?
Damn,you have been here forEVAH!!!!!

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I dont know.

How about the threads of maynardsthirdeye?
There were very well done, and the time frame is right.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

shillbucks

boredom

getting banned from other " alternate " sites

?????????????????

its been that long - i cannot remember - but some combination of vvarious factors

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join