It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Korean Zombie gets KTFO by a strange elbow.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Craziest KO I've seen in a long time.

It was a great fight too, felt like Zombie was winning up until that happened.

Props to both of them for an amazing fight!

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Even as a young man I would not want to think of getting hit by that damn elbow. That was so quick I thought it was a freak thing so played it back slow as I could and at that speed it looked like the man is just that damn fast and it was a planned move of , "if I hit the sum beotch he is DOWN " !

Other thing is how the other guy's face is so flat on the canvas he can barely breath and it really did look like the guy is a very , very good cocky sum beotch and has done this in sparing and his corner know's this and reacts as if the man called it early and they are all thinking , holy crap ! , the man is for real . Thought he was just the local bully but the sum beotch is really that good.

I give respect to these guys. Even the one breathing in the mat.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   
"Chicken Wing"
Well known here in the Ol South.
Timed and executed with precision.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

It was strange to look at, but from a kinetic point of view, it makes a lot more sense than most of the elbow strikes you see in combat sports. This elbow hit like an uppercut swung from almost floor height. Look at the direction of the forces applied. Its almost perfectly upward. Now, that alignment may appear incredibly awkward, and it absolutely is. But, it also allows the body to generate an ENORMOUS amount of force. A slight flex of the knees, rolling up the body to the shoulder, and POW! Force generated directly away from the ground, into a part of the body which can roll back and forth, side to side, but has very little ability to withstand direct attack from beneath. If that strike had hit in any other way than directly on point of aim, it would have failed to knock out the target. But, that coiled power, released in just the right place, at just the right time, had devastating results, leaving a hardy campaigner no ability to answer the shot, instead crumpling to the floor defeated and unconscious.

With this strike, so little of the movement which went into making it, had to be translated from one type of movement into another. It was all upward. When you swing a punch, or an elbow, you are trying to turn a turning force from the hip, into a strike which will be delivered either straight, or in an arc. Straight is better for punching, arcs are better for elbows. But there is translation necessary. A straight push from one foot, then a turn at the hip, becoming another push from the shoulder to the fist. A straight push from one foot, then a turn at the hip, then a turn at the shoulder and upper body to drive the elbow around.

But this shot, was virtually all upward motion, from a pre-coiled position, using the spring like tension of compression to aid the strike. It looked like crap, but it worked like it was on greased rails. Sure, it lacked the photogenic appeal of the Ngannou knockout punch that felled Overeem, and its not as gymnastic as some of Tenshin Nasukawa's best finishes, but it did the damned job, like it was built for the purpose.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Watched that fight. Literally in the last second. Helluva fight throughout 5 rounds. Best I have seen in years.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Craziest KO I've seen in a long time.

Just be a Korean kid bringing home anything less than and an A and you'll see that move.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

And we have a winner!

top topics

join