It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Electric Companies May Be To Blame For The Wildfires

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
According to npr.org the Camp and Woolsey fires may be the fault of Pacific Gas & Electric and Southern California Edison.
On Nov. 8 at 6:15 am P G & E reported an outage in a power line at Pulga Rd. and at 6:33 am the Camp fire started...at Pulga R d. At 2:22 pm, 2 minutes before the Woolsey fire started at E. St. and Alfa St. So Cal Edison reported a problem at its substation located near E St and Alfa.
Also last year PG&E was found responsible for downed power lines starting 12 wildfires resulting in 18 deaths and So Cal Edison admitted that their equipment was at least partially responsible for the Thomas fire.
Also it should be noted that a few days before the Camp and Woolsey fires started both companies issued warnings to their customers that due to high winds and public safety concerns they may have to shut off power to certain areas however neither company did so.
edit on 11/13/2018 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

Even if the powerlines caused the fires, I'm not sure "blame" is the right word.

Equipment failures happen and PG&E has a lot of equipment.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Even if the powerlines caused the fires, I'm not sure "blame" is the right word.

Considering what they should have learned from the previous incidents and knowing that possible tragedy could have been prevented simply by shutting off power (to albeit wealthy neighborhoods) until the danger no longer existed I'm not sure you're point is valid...this time.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Definition of blame:

transitive verb

1 : to find fault with

2a : to hold responsible

b : to place responsibility for

3 : at fault

Just trying to help you here because I don't think you know what the word you are using means.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   
What if a 1859 Carrington Event or 1989 geomagnetic storm occurred. The first one caused telegraph lines to spark. The second one took the power grid offline.

en.wikipedia.org...

Wasn't there a correlation between cosmic rays and earthquake activity?

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Yes, it seems the fires were started by failed equipment.

I was thinking more in terms of negligence being involved though.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Not really. No.
Unless you mean that cosmic rays happen continuously and there are sometimes earthquakes.
edit on 11/13/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Considering they are making SCE pay for the Thomas fire and CPUC just gave them permission to pass on the cost of that to the rate payers... yeah I'd go with they are "blaming" them.

Sacramento lost the "Fire fee" they were making property owners pay on top of their property taxes so they did this. Dumbasses voted in the "solar initiative" without reading it like 10 years ago and hidden in that gem was SCE and PG&E could raise electric rates by 300% over a period of time, which I don't remember now, but I think we are close to that end time. Teir 4 electric costs were .35 kwh and lowest teir was .15 I think last time I checked. It's all a scam, compare a High Speed Rail map to the HUGE fires we've had in the last 4 years or so, it isn't a perfect match but it's 80% or more.

Now the morons here just passed the "clean water bill" or whatever it was called, again without reading it and you'll hear the frothing and screaming when their property taxes go up next year. Dumbasses in Cali deserve what they get, I just wish the rest of us here didn't have to suffer with them.

Hello Florida here we come! Screw California, 53 years, bred, born and raised here and it's disgusting now. Especially when you add in the extra super "non violent" criminals they are releasing now, and no bail, and no matter what you get arrested for you can apply for a "mental heath review" and get off without jail time or a criminal record even for freakin rape and such, it's insane.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I'm not sure "blame" is the right word.

This is America... You can't say that word. Besides if anything PG&E is a victim of human caused global warming...

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

a reply to: stormcell

Not really. No.
Unless you mean that cosmic rays happen continuously and there are sometimes earthquakes.
My dear friend...I implore you to Google cosmic radiation earthquakes (feel free to throw in volcanic eruptions as well) and you will find that there definitely is a correlation between cosmic radiation and both earthquakes and volcanic eruptions.
You and Mary Poppins...both practically perfect in every way.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   

and you will find that there definitely idle a correlation between cosmic radiation and both earthquakes and volcanic eruptions.
No I won't.
I will find poorly conducted analyses and speculation. There is less significant correlation with cosmic rays than there is with solar activity. And that ain't much.

I've been there. I've done that.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Lilroanie

Considering they are making SCE pay for the Thomas fire and CPUC just gave them permission to pass on the cost of that to the rate payers... yeah I'd go with they are "blaming" them.
Sounds like a tax.
But as I said, I was thinking in terms of negligence.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   

and you will find that there definitely idle a correlation between cosmic radiation and both earthquakes and volcanic eruptions.
No I won't.
I will find poorly conducted analyses and speculation. There is less significant correlation with cosmic rays than there is with solar activity. And that ain't much.

I've been there. I've done that.
Well, you would know better than the experts.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I agree with the experts who say there is no correlation.

Because I agree with them that the papers that show significant correlation rely on cherry picking, mostly.

Stop derailing your thread. Unless you think it's cosmic rays to blame for the fires?

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I agree with the experts who say there is no correlation.

Because I agree with them that the papers that show significant correlation rely on cherry picking, mostly.

Stop derailing your thread.
I know. I can't help myself. But then, neither can you.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

No the "fire fee" was a tax which is why it got thrown out. They still don't have to give us the money we already paid on it though. They needed a way to replace that so this, gotta make us pay one way or the other.

Add in the gas tax repeal failing after the wording was changed by Sacramento and made it sound like anything BUT "Gas Tax Repeal" which was the original title. So now Sacramento can keep raiding the those taxes for the general fund, like they have for decades, which is why our roads suck. And they spend billions on the stupid Train, that's not high speed, to no where and not what was voted for (another stupid one that passed). Those gas tax and registration "fees" go everywhere BUT the roads and that won't change.

Got to have money to pay for free freakin everything for everyone except those who actually work and pay taxes their whole lives, and hosing the sh** off the sidewalks in San Fran and LA. Again F**K California and the majority of absolute brain dead retards that live here now who vote after doing the extensive research on propositions by reading the Ballot booklet.

ETA: Yeah negligence because most of these areas have tried to work with SCE to get the areas around the lines cleaned up or something to help prevent these huge fires and Edison as usual sit on their thumbs and do nothing.
edit on 11/13/2018 by Lilroanie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
California has 129 million dead trees! Or maybe "had" is the right word. Perhaps a couple million of them fueled the latest fire outbreak(s).

Dead Trees = Huge Risk: www.vox.com...

I'm sure at least a few attorneys are working with victim families, to sue the proper government authorities.

It would have cost these authorities less money, and saved precious human lives, if they had simply done the right thing when warned about the danger of so many dead trees.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Lilroanie

I know it's not a tax. But it may as well be.
Right? Sure smells like one.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I'm sure at least a few attorneys are working with victim families, to sue the proper government authorities.

That would seem to be the feds, I guess. But good luck with that.

The largest blaze in state history, the 410,200-acre Ranch Fire, this past summer burned on large swaths of land managed by the U.S. Forest Service and Bureau of Land Management in Mendocino and nearby counties north of San Francisco.

In fact, six of California's 16 most destructive wildfires in the past 25 years — in terms of structures destroyed — occurred on federal lands, according to Cal Fire records.

In Shasta County, last summer's 229,650-acre Carr Fire started on National Park Service lands before spreading to private property and eventually into the city of Redding.

The Hirz and Delta fires also burned mostly Forest Service lands in Shasta County just after the Carr Fire died down. Between the two, they consumed 109,500 acres, according to the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection.

www.redding.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   
If there's an answer/point you're looking for you'll have to be more direct. I've got the first cold I've had in almost 30 years and feel like crap so not up to word games atm sorry.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join