It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full Page Ads on Android

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I don't know why, but when I browse some sites in mobile view, I get full page persistent ads that are obtrusive and interfere with what I'm trying to read or do. Browsing desktop site mode from my phone prevents this from happening, but I'd really like the mobile view of some sites. ATS even, it happens to me, here. I started reporting these ads to their domain registrar. I am happy to say, that has begun to work! Domain registrars will suspend accounts over hosting malicious or obtrusive ads! So, got issues with the ads? I recommend popping on over to do a whois lookup. Then send a nice email to their domain registrar. Include the domain, and a link to the full page ad. Let them know it's an obtrusive malicious ad. It shouldn't take too long to discourage these idiots. Registering a domain name usually take time and effort or time and $$. Let's see how this rodeo goes.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

Consider, it may be deliberate ... so you get annoyed ... and don't come back.

By design, they don't want you to know the truth.

Well, this is a conspiracy site after all.

P

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

I constantly get redirect ads on days if I'm in mobile view. Frequently enough that the site is unusable. I will be redirected, come back, then within five seconds or so, that's not exaggerated, I am redirected again. Desktop version is quite cumbersome on my phone and I prefer mobile but I can't use it. I also have an Android. I'd like to report these ads but since I'm redirected away I can't figure out how.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: mus8472

I noticed and made s point of this recently on the board for this topic. Desktop site from mobile while logged in gives me no trouble but i have to zoom in and out. Mobile site is barely usable.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: mus8472

I noticed and made s point of this recently on the board for this topic. Desktop site from mobile while logged in gives me no trouble but i have to zoom in and out. Mobile site is barely usable.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Omg yes. The mobile site is downright unsable on Android most of the time. All of the time if you are not logged in. By redirect ads that hijack your entire tab, these are malicious ads as well, those scam ones with the thousand dollar supposed gift cards.

Only happens on ATS. Literally only ATS. So i do not think it is malware on my device.

I honestly cannot believe the state it has been allowed to degrade to.

Your tip in the OP of reporting the domains is great but for the ads I am talking about, itll be a different domain each time but always just a random string of characters and dashes.net/com. Its bull#tt
edit on 14-11-2018 by Lightdhype because: (no reason given)

top topics

join