It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Coincidences of Oumuamua

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I made the following post on this thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

*** post start
I think that Oumuamua is a streamer released by an in coming alien probe to get our attention. The probe will come in slower and further out in order to achieve an orbit around the sun. Form there it will continue to slow down and spiral down until it reaches earth. This streamer is supposed to motivate us to look for the actual probe. No doubt the probe is sending out signals at several different wave lengths. We just have to look for them.
*** post end

Now I would like to add the following coincidences.

1. The incoming trajectory of Oumuamua is almost exactly parallel to the axis of earth’s rotation.

2. The maximum speed at the closest distance form the sun of Oumuamua is 196,000 miles per hour. This is with in 5% of the speed of light divided by the magic number 3600. This just happens to be the number of seconds per hour.

3. The period or rotation of Oumuamua is approximately 6 hours or 1/4 an earth day. 4 is an interesting number. It is a 2^n type with n equal to 2.

4. The earth just happen to be in the vicinity as Oumuamua passed the 1 AU mark from the sun as it was moving away from the sun.

Keep in mind that the earth has been transmitting its time reference for nearly 100 years. Anyone, far far away, with a big ass radio telescope can deduce the necessary information from this time reference to make these Coincidences happen.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Dont know what the hell any of it means but SNF .

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: graysquirrel

If only those aliens knew what we were like....

But not an alien ship.
Any respectable scientists will refrain from saying it's aliens simply because it's something we have not yet observed yet in the solar system. Physics and nature and possibilities don't stop at what we can or cannot understand.

We can't conclude 'things' before doing any significant studies or scientific research... Most scientists are aware of confirmation bias, everything alluding to 'aliens' is tabloid tripe.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

2. The maximum speed at the closest distance form the sun of Oumuamua is 196,000 miles per hour. This is with in 5% of the speed of light divided by the magic number 3600. This just happens to be the number of seconds per hour.

huh? Could you elaborate on this..

Peace

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I thought this was a post about the black lady who records cabinet meetings

Boy, was I wrong

How far would the signal get in a 100 years?

Unless their was a Vulcan ship around...

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

When the LSST and JWST start looking. This type of object might seem more common.

As for the radio signals. They'll be approx 100 years ago at the speed of light. 100 light years.
edit on 13-11-2018 by blackcrowe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
speed of Oumuamua: 196,000 miles per hour = 87 619.84 m / s

speed of light: 299 792 458 m / s divided by 3600 = 83 275.68 m / s

If you divide it by 3421 it will be most exact....but that wouldn't make sense with the whole 3600 sec in a hour thing.

Peace

edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoTue, 13 Nov 2018 12:42:35 -0600pm3042201811 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: graysquirrel

3. The period or rotation of Oumuamua is approximately 6 hours or 1/4 an earth day. 4 is an interesting number. It is a 2^n type with n equal to 2.

I have a feeling that if it were instead 8 hours (1/3 an Earth day) or 4 hours (1/6 and Earth day), you would have found something "interesting" about the 3 or the 6.

edit on 13/11/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: graysquirrel
Now I would like to add the following coincidences.

Well, coincidences being the importance phrase here, lets have some scientific treatment to the statements.

1. The incoming trajectory of Oumuamua is almost exactly parallel to the axis of earth’s rotation.

except... it was at an inclination of 122degrees... so not at all exactly parallel at all... unless you know... 122 degrees = 0 degrees

Uncertainty on that measurement is probably a 5-10% measurement, which means this approximately within 5% statement is absolutely meaningless and most certainly a coincidence and numerology more than anything important.

Not sure why these numbers are interesting other than the object being of interstellar origin.

The orbital period of many objects in the solar system have interesting ratios or similarities, they are not examples of intelligence... I mean Halleys comet orbits every 75.32 years... with a 2.2d rotation... oh 2^2!!! patterns! Again, coincidence with little interest, the orbital period being determined by the light curve of the object. Which also determines approximate shape. BUT there are other manners and parameters in which you can say what the shape could be.

Again, not sure what about this is really interesting other than that it looks like it is an interstellar object

4. The earth just happen to be in the vicinity as Oumuamua passed the 1 AU mark from the sun as it was moving away from the sun.

Keep in mind that the earth has been transmitting its time reference for nearly 100 years. Anyone, far far away, with a big ass radio telescope can deduce the necessary information from this time reference to make these Coincidences happen.

The two statements are unrelated and irrelevant to each other or any of the other statements. 4 is troublingly incorrect. At 1AU from the sun, the object was not even on the same orbital plane due to its inclination....

upload.wikimedia.org...

if I was an alien race on my way into the system with a probe and was shedding objects to slow down... id have it such as no object would go anywhere near the Earth... why would they want to draw attention to it?

The object is likely an interstellar object, a rock or comet fragment large elongation on a hyperbolic trajectory. Something of great interest if we had a launch vehicle that was ready to make a trip out to it at its closest approach to the Earth when it happened... unfortunately we don't/didn't have the fore-site.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Why wouldn't they just come here and say "Hi guys, we saw your lights on, so we thought we'd drop in and say hello to our new neighbour. Sally has made an apple pie for you".

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Well the other issue with 100 years of signals... is that, its not really 100 years, its more like 70 or so, and even then, the transmission power is quite low. The inverse square law is a cruel mistress especially over a few light years...

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The thing is,

If Aliens do exist, it is not likely they would need the rules of time and space to coincide with ours. If a space faring race is out there, they likely already know how to capture signals regardless of distance and time.

Time and Distance are human constructs used to measure our reality. If the races out there know how to jump it, the rules are out the window.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Oumuamua… was a prophetic Sign in the heavens... it's only purpose was to be seen and thus stand out as a time-marker which coincided with the Revelation 12 Sign of the Woman-in-the-heavens wearing a crown of 12 stars/ clothed in the Sun / with the Moon under her feet....

the Sign confirmed that the times/events of Eschatology were unfolding as predicted more than 2,000 years ago

but enough with that line-of-thinking... we must focus on just what makes that object a Study
by calling it the Sign-of-the-son-of-man--- an object which was definitely injected into our Solar System from somewhere within the milky-way Galaxy and for some Future revealed purpose ...

perhaps if we could recreate the object's incoming trajectory (from where it originated) from the data about where Its' headed now (constellation Pegasus) after it whizzed past the Sun...
~then we might have something to work with~

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
Oumuamua… was a prophetic Sign in the heavens... it's only purpose was to be seen and thus stand out as a time-marker which coincided with the Revelation 12 Sign of the Woman-in-the-heavens wearing a crown of 12 stars/ clothed in the Sun / with the Moon under her feet....

the Sign confirmed that the times/events of Eschatology were unfolding as predicted more than 2,000 years ago

but enough with that line-of-thinking... we must focus on just what makes that object a Study
by calling it the Sign-of-the-son-of-man--- an object which was definitely injected into our Solar System from somewhere within the milky-way Galaxy and for some Future revealed purpose ...

perhaps if we could recreate the object's incoming trajectory (from where it originated) from the data about where Its' headed now (constellation Pegasus) after it whizzed past the Sun...
~then we might have something to work with~

Right,

A sign for man to be seen that required high powered telescope tech that even the ancient world could have only hoped of having. One that we barely caught, and by accident. We still have not actually seen "it", either. We can only guess the look of said object given the dimensions we know of thus far.

I would think that if "The Alpha and Omega" were trying to show us a sign, it would be a lot more obvious, and not a chunk of debris, which albeit fascinating, was not exactly an obvious thing in the sky for us to find.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

Omniscience...

He would know we would have the technology to see the sign.

Yeah..right..I'm out.

Peace

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
Oumuamua… was a prophetic Sign in the heavens...

I'm sure that it made a whole lot of astrological charts wildly inaccurate, and a lot of people ended up marrying the wrong person instead of the one they were destined to be with. Astrological monkey wrench is what it was.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Isn't there a star out there that was know about for thousands of years and it wasn't proven to be there until we had the technology to actually see it was really there.?
How did these ancient people know that it was there?
I don't recall the name, but it was something B ,because we could see one of the binary stars but not the other, then we confirmed what they knew about and had a map of the system.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
This thing came in tumbling end over end, and the reason it booked it so fast after passing the sun is because it's orbital perihelion angle caused a slingshot effect. The same kind of physics that NASA uses in some of our own probes to get the speed to send them to the next target. If it really was some kind of spaceship, I think it would have been engineered to stick around a while. I think it was a big flat rock, and we can be lucky it did not hit us.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
If it really was some kind of spaceship, I think it would have been engineered to stick around a while.

Maybe it got all the information it needed.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

This thing came in tumbling end over end,

Not really end over end. More complicated, chaotic.

No single rotation period can explain the exhibited brightness variations. Rather, 1I/‘Oumuamua appears to be in an excited rotational state undergoing non-principal axis rotation, or tumbling.

www.nature.com...
edit on 11/13/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join