It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skyrim VR or 'Oh my god, it's full of stars!'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I was kinda hoping you'd want to go to Westeros with me first since Georgie just told me you're his new favorite character and we all know what happens to those.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO
a reply to: nightbringr

I have an older I7 2600K overclocked to 4.2

16 gbs ram new ssd and have 4 1080's i can use..you think the 2080rtx runs it at max all ?

Also got separate soundcard..

Can you use SLI with this...sounds like a 1080 should easily handle it..just wondering if more than one card would be ultimate.

With an 1080 it will run fine. I'm running the 2080 and everything is maxed, tons of texture and graphic mods, 200% supersampling and ENB. Runs flawlessly.

No idea if Skyrim is optimized to run SLI unfortunately. I don't imagine you would need SLI regardless unless possibly you want to add an ENB. Should run fine maxed with all else and 200 SS.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

originally posted by: nightbringr

originally posted by: chr0naut

Ah, the soft thud of skull meeting brick wall or thigh on furniture.

I actually really envy you. Have fun!

My wall however is going to need some patching.

Too much Fus Ro Dah?

Much too much.

But the best part? Screaming out 'Fus Ro Dah!' and actually having it work only from my voice command.

I AM the Dohovakiin!
edit on 13-11-2018 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I was kinda hoping you'd want to go to Westeros with me first since Georgie just told me you're his new favorite character and we all know what happens to those.

This is where I admit I think this is a Game of Thrones reference, but I'm not sure because I've never seen it or read the books.

And now I start running and dodging thrown objects.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Awesome!!

I just recently joined the whole VR craze... got me an oculus Go and thus far its been fantastic!!

I can't run anything like skyrim, but I can only imagine how wicked it is considering the smaller games I've bought blow me away

I will likely be investing in the full VR system... probably the oculus as soon as they make the next gen version and update the lenses/resolution

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I guess I can lie and tell you it was from Harry Pothead.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Getting 3 2080s in January
I am replacing my 1080s and Titan Xs
Will follow shortly thereafter
For now , like the other poster said
#TheGreenEyedMonster

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

VR body is a new mod allowing you to see yourself in real time simply by looking down at yourself.

Question is, have you taken an arrow to the knee yet?

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I don't think you can sli for Skyrim as the software wasn't written with SLI in mind.

The new 2080, although do improve the visuals a little. I read that it was an awful lot of money for a small enhancement.

and OMG, why would you need three?

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mark42

I don't think you can sli for Skyrim as the software wasn't written with SLI in mind.

The new 2080, although do improve the visuals a little. I read that it was an awful lot of money for a small enhancement.

Dont use SLI
And , SLI is hardware level independent of software
Dont need it with 2 x 1080s and 1xTitan x
The 3 are for individual gaming systems

The enhancement is the new ray-tracing provided by Windows and game developers
Amazing stuff right there
Now , we need games designed to take advantage of those wonderful visuals provided
Especially VR

edit on 11/13/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Dont use SLI

Now , we need games designed to take advantage of those wonderful visuals provided
Especially VR

If the pc version of RDR2 can use ray tracing I might invest in a 2080.
But this thread has got me interested in VR.
Hope my 1070 can handle it.
edit on 14-11-2018 by GreenGunther because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther

Dont use SLI

Especially VR

If the pc version of RDR2 can use ray tracing I might invest in a 2080.
But this thread has got me interested in VR.
Hope my 1070 can handle it.

1070 should , and I say should , handle VR (which also depends on CPU and the amount of PC and Video RAM)
I am going to start upgrading my systems to NVIDIA RTXs not due to VR
I try to keep them up-to-date

The Real-Time Ray-Tracing has so far been a resource hog (from what I read)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

While SLI is hardware, games need to support it or see little to no benefit.

Skyrim for example at least previously needed to use a Dark Souls 2 profile and workaround to get SLI to work on it. Whether it does still or not is another matter.

Regardless, SLI support among games is spotty at best, seems many require work around to take advantage of the extra card, if at all.

forums.geforce.com...
edit on 14-11-2018 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Skyrim for example at least previously needed to use a Dark Souls 2 profile and workaround to get SLI to work on it. Whether it does still or not is another matter.

Regardless, SLI support among games is spotty at best, seems many require work around to take advantage of the extra card, if at all.

forums.geforce.com...

SLI is a combination of 2 video cards cabled together
There used to be 2 modes , 1 that built 1/2 a screen together , the other 1 card built one and the other built the next
Nothing software about it

No , that thread was on OPTIMIZING Skyrim SE for SLI . When they speak of profiles , they mean the GFE profile that is built into GFE per game . I build my own profiles.

And , Sora is the best.
Gruff , but straight to the point.
Like me.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
What does everyone think of "stand alone" VR systems?

As it stands they can't run the kind of games that full cpu based VR can... but that might be changing soon. No cords, weak battery life but hopefully that will change as well... two controllers just like the rift, and 6dof

the Oculus Quest is coming this spring... its definitely on my shopping list

I will probably get the Rift eventually as well but this will be a step up from the GO

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

forums.geforce.com...

SLI is a combination of 2 video cards cabled together
There used to be 2 modes , 1 that built 1/2 a screen together , the other 1 card built one and the other built the next
Nothing software about it

No , that thread was on OPTIMIZING Skyrim SE for SLI . When they speak of profiles , they mean the GFE profile that is built into GFE per game . I build my own profiles.

And , Sora is the best.
Gruff , but straight to the point.
Like me.

I understand the technology, but it simply doesn't work well, if at all with most games.

Yes it will WORK, not you will not see a noticeable difference in most games if any difference at all, and often times will get micro stuttering as well.

I do encourage you to do some research online before wasting money on a second card that one will work just as good, if not better.

Many, many posts on forums showing the futility of SLI or crossfire and lack of support for either in most games these days.

Ps. I dont think you actually read through the link I posted as it clearly details people's woes with SLI and lack of support.
edit on 14-11-2018 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I be more jelly than the jar of petroleum.

i dont even care about the vr

but that 2080

And God saw the 2080 and it was good.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join