It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Behind the Dramatic Rise in Violent Crime in the UK?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: andy06shake

I love Glasgow and its people....call a spade a spade and love a drink and a bit of craic.

Austerity was all about pushing an ideological agenda and nothing to do with economic necessity. That's why the most vulnerable, needy and worst off in our society were deliberately targeted and victimised.

I'm all for Brexit....but I see it as an opportunity for the people to rally together and clear away the #e and corrupt elite that have #ed us over for so long and start turning this great group of nations and people into something we ALL can be proud of.
It's an opportunity, and one we need to capitalise on....but I digress too far.

Exactly and well said, lest we forget it began under Osborn and Cameron whom were members of the Bullingdon club.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Ha, that would be a potentially offensive weapon but as I am actually not a royalist I probably would not have noticed if it walked past me in the street.
But I have met plenty of people whom think the sun shines out of the royal family's arse's.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Its NOTHING to do with royals and you would instantly recognize it on the street....trust me.

Try this link....preferably on an empty stomach.
www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Now that's just cruel but also very funny.
I mean they are a nice couple and all and I wish them all the best but?.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I wonder if Hairy, I mean Harry, has seen it?

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Sorry if I appeared to suggest all crime, I believe the rise in crime, particually knife crime, not so much individual cases (as they must be reviewed individually) is gang related

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

If you mean children/young people fighting in what we call gang fights and stabbing one another then yes gang-related covers it i suppose.

But real gangs, that are involved in serious nefarious criminal activities, are apt to simply pay someone to shoot you then disappear to Spain rather than use knives........unless of course, they are Ninja, dont want to piss them off. LoL

Point is, where real gangs are concerned, criminal enterprises, it's probably best not to take a knife to what will undoubtedly turn out to be a gunfight.
edit on 13-11-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
According to UK authorities, you already are the wild west with knife violence. Maybe yall should ban metal knives and hope for the best using plastic cutlery.

A fight with blunt and bladed objects quickly turns into a frenzy dragging others into the melee as we witnessed int hat one video. if one single round from a firearm is discharged, most of those people would go running and nobody would be bleeding out in their own blood hoping they get medical treatment in time. Instead of preventing violence, the lack of firearms is encouraging its increase.

You guys really need to open up your market for the citizens to be allowed to control their own fate with real personal protection. I know if I was approached by a handful of sketchy looking fellas, I would 100% have better results with a firearm than a bladed or blunt weapon.

Oh so the OP is just a dig at how we dont have access to guns, and apparently your want to use your itchy trigger finger

No we banned guns and have all moved on since then, crime still exists though always has always will, but gun crime has factually decreased since handguns were banned, go figure

Hell there is another thread at the moment of responsible USA gun owners (Law Enforcment) that have shot and killed an innocent man, not sure guns actually solve many crimes, they may end a percieved threat (as they are designed to) but actual crime solving not so much
edit on 13-11-2018 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

All started long before Cameron/Osborn/Johnson et al.

Major factor is class war. Austerity, cuts to services including crime and policing disproportionately reducing police presence in poorer, more working class areas. All part of the Tories grand ideological plan drafted and agreed in 1973.

en.wikipedia.org...

An ongoing strategy to resubjugate the working classes.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You could give these types the job of their dreams....they'd still turn you down flat.

They see their brothers & friends earning serious dosh, with their flash cars and gold jewellery and see it as the best job ever! Then they don't bother with school, school is for girls or white boys, so they get no qualifications, go straight on the dole, then join brothers' gang and start shifting product asap. Like many nowadays they want sommat for doing nowt! Arrests and ASBO's are worn like a badge of honour. Police are almost non existent in certain places, many hamstrung by political correctness. The gangs know all they have to do is scream racism and they're off the hook. Happens such a lot in Bradford Oldham Birmingham etc. We've made a culture of blame and liberlism and these types of people are taking advantage
edit on 13-11-2018 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Honestly I think if the UK granted its citizens the right to carry firearms again in public there would be a sudden rash of dead criminals, followed by a significant drop in petty crimes and the rule of thugs over entire chunks of communities.

This has absolutely nothing to do with gun controls.

The only thing that would happen in the UK if we relaxed our laws in accordance with the USA would be a mountain of dead bodies in kebab and pizza shops up and down the country in every single town and city at throwing out time.

I'm not criticising US gun laws, just that they are the last thing we in the UK need, especially at present!

As an ardent U.S. citizen and supporter of our 2nd Amendment, I actually agree with you here. That is the last thing the U.K. needs to do to solve this issue. The population and culture do not match, and providing easier access to firearms would cause more harm than good IMO.

After all, you do not give an untrained and inexperienced person the keys to a Ferrari. If you do, there will be a hell of a wreck very soon thereafter.

edit on 11/13/2018 by Krakatoa because: fixed spelling errors

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Keep in mind mate that guns were kept and owned in our nation quite a bit prior to the 1997 Firearms Amendment Number 2, defining "short firearms".

Nowhere near as much as they are in the US all the same but 2 world wars put quite a lot of ordinance on our streets, towns, and cities.

A lot of them are still doing the rounds today to be honest.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Immigration, basically.

You imported animals, you get a zoo.

Enjoy!

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

You are right our culture and mindset is completely different.

If people need guns for shooting or sport then as long as they meet certain criteria then gun ownership is allowed.

Despite what some may tell you I assure you the vast majority of professional criminals do not own guns....and most have no desire to.
One of the things I think we've got right.

a reply to: andy06shake

There are indeed a few old WWI and WWII guns knocking about....but the really hard thing is getting one's hands on ammunition.
The same applies for more modern weaponry.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

When a mugger is faced with a bladed weapon only, they are usually desperate and bold enough to still attack you. But here in the USA, an overwhelming majority of self defense firearms use do not even end up with a discharged or shot person because typically the attacker flees in panicked terror at the poor choices he just made when confronted with a citizen who brandishes his weapon.

Yeah, I see you've fully thought this whole thing through, on some other kind of intellectual realm level.

So, basically your claiming if their were more guns on the streets of London, then it would become a violent crime free utopian paradise... just like it is in the US, right?

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

But we exported "animals", take it you mean people, all over the world, nevermind exploited the people and resources we came across.

What goes around comes around, after all.

You live in a Zoo also, 1st world Zoo that maybe, but none the less a Zoo.

"There" Zoo to be precise.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

a reply to: YesTodayTomorrow

The Isle of Wight is no more representative of the UK than the Isle of Lundy is.

One man on a twocking spree would result in a massive increase in the Isle of Wight's crime rate!

And as stated previously....a change in the way crime is reported and what actually constitutes a crime explains a large part of the rise.

Free, the post is about the rise in violent crime. Yeah the headline above quotes crazy stats, but even in the arsehole end of nowhere, in the UK crime is rising.

I was talking to a '20 year service' sergeant - been on the front desk for many years. Just jumped ship now. He was saying that all the old bill do now is react to phone-calls. So many about 'someone being threatened on FB; FFS. No pro-active policing. Just saying - s'all.

Things are going a bit bandy all over...

YT

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: YesTodayTomorrow

Yeah, I get that mate.

I know I come across a bit arsey at times even though I rarely intend to.

Cuts have made our police ineffectual....private police force imminent?
I wonder who would have all the shares in those private forces.

Morale must be at an all time low.

I wouldn't describe the Isle of Wight as the 'arsehole end of nowhere', that distinction belongs to Hartlepool, its just not representative of the UK.
I'm sure they have their problems but I can't imagine postcode gangs and drill rap gangsta's being among them!

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I would have thought its just London really where a serious rise in violent crime is on the rise.

Everywhere else in the UK crime is about the same as it always has been.
True mate, no change in my corner of England. We still fight with fists.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

So do the Travellers, but they're not shy as to picking up the odd brick or two, mad bastards that they are. LoL.

To be honest ive seen far worse.

Warning! Some spurious language and a little blood in the vid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join