It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Behind the Dramatic Rise in Violent Crime in the UK?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

And now you have so few coppers that they won't even respond unless you call someone a slanderous term. So when you get robbed or your property stolen, be sure to tell the po-po that they called you the N-word. You will have the whole force out.....albeit in 10-12 hours.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

The US is unique in its gun culture....and I would prefer to keep it that way. We dont be needin no wild west part 2 up in here.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

The country is awash with coke, its in every single town, city and village.
In every pub and club, everywhere.

The Houses of Parliament is swimming in it.

We don't see the same violence everywhere that we see in London.

We have to ask why?

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Coke can indeed be problematic, the real issue arises when it's washed back as smoked as Crack.

As to children being used, both our respective nations are well guilty of child exploitation in centuries gone by, just something to consider.

Fact is that supply and demand remain the colour of the day.

The solution is simple and self-evident, legalize it thus introduce quality control make it safer, you would also remove the criminal element that surrounds the production of coc aine, and tax the stuff just like any other product.
edit on 13-11-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

least this yanks opinion from what I saw, and from what some brits have said here you have an ongoing conflict between the british gangs and those that came in with the immigrants and until that conflict gets settled I imagine that the problem will continue to grow and inevitably spread as each tries to gain an edge on their opponents.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

My guess....London hogs the news. It IS the biggest city after all. I betcha violence is up in a lot of places, mostly built up urban areas.

BUT, I would like to point out that bike theft is falling.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I'd have to see a study before I would accept legalization of Coke. I mean peeps get hooked on it and then do petty crime to pay for it.

And it still doesn't solve the extreme violence in 3rd world nations due to the cartels. Or do we not care about poo-hole countries?

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Sound bet i suppose considering what has been done and is being done to the Police forces across the nation.

But this is by design no less.

Truth is there is a form of social engineering at play, it's not about race war nether, more realistically a class war thats escalating well according to plan, which is what austerity is all about really.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

People get hooked on Alcohol and Tobacco and do the same and in far greater number, just a thought.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

"And it still doesn't solve the extreme violence in 3rd world nations due to the cartels. Or do we not care about poo-hole countries?"

It would go quite a ways to addressing some of the issues 3rd world nations experience regarding production if legalized, that stands to reason also.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Peeps get really angry at me when I say this, BUT, I too believe its a class war rather than racism. Meantime the MSM keeps us looking over here at A. Black person gets shot by X person, or B. Pretty white girl missing.

I stick to C. Go to pub cuz ain't nothing I can do about it.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

True that, and you know why? Cuz tax revenue is more than the losses for health care of said substances. So You have a fair point. Then again, boozers tend to just beat their wife/kid/dog, and smokers just die of cancer. I dont know of any gangs delivering beer to your door. If you do gimme their phone number.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I doubt it, you think one cartel is gonna budge over another one? When there are hundreds of billions at stake? It sure hasn't happened so far, plus the CIA and MI5 aint gonna give up their biggest revenue stream.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

"Dial A Booze" i suppose. LoL

Plenty of places one can acquire the odd lite of Vodka after 10 pm, all the same, not exactly gang-related, and more a Scottish dilemma to be honest.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

You nailed it there through as the CIA/MI5 or most other alphabet agencies are the real major players and importers.

Then there are Police, customs, and politicians, that are up to there neck regarding the importation and mid-level distribution of Coke across the nation, make no mistake there.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
According to UK authorities, you already are the wild west with knife violence. Maybe yall should ban metal knives and hope for the best using plastic cutlery.

A fight with blunt and bladed objects quickly turns into a frenzy dragging others into the melee as we witnessed int hat one video. if one single round from a firearm is discharged, most of those people would go running and nobody would be bleeding out in their own blood hoping they get medical treatment in time. Instead of preventing violence, the lack of firearms is encouraging its increase.

You guys really need to open up your market for the citizens to be allowed to control their own fate with real personal protection. I know if I was approached by a handful of sketchy looking fellas, I would 100% have better results with a firearm than a bladed or blunt weapon.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
From all that I hear from people who actually still live in London the majority of this increased violence is teenagers wanting to replicate Bloods and Crips etc.

Sure, it happens a bit in other urban areas but not on the scale that its happening in London.

Drill rap....

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Not just London....

link

Y

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: YesTodayTomorrow

The Isle of Wight is no more representative of the UK than the Isle of Lundy is.

One man on a twocking spree would result in a massive increase in the Isle of Wight's crime rate!

And as stated previously....a change in the way crime is reported and what actually constitutes a crime explains a large part of the rise.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry
Meh, the stabby # is London, we fight with fists outside of that #hole.
Our communities work on don't be a prick or expect physical violence...usually with fists.
Don't believe the hype!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join