It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunspots, record cold, warns NASA scientist

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22>>> Its science so don't expect the global warmers to want to accept it as fact. We're getting a few inches of snow here today in Pa before it turns over to rain. Up state could get a foot of snow. I know. When its hot its global warming, when its cold its weather.

edit on 15-11-2018 by Dutchowl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Been ice fishing for over 35 years. I know when the ice on the great lakes comes and goes. I know what winters we had ice and I know what winters we didn't. 70's and 80's were cold. Since the late 90's we've had less and less ice on the lakes. 2 winters in a row we didn't get any ice 2016 and 2017. I never saw that before in my life. Sure you can be short sighted and say this winter is gonna be cold. Next winter we probably won't get any ice again. Another thing we've been in a drought for snow the past 20 years in my area. It doesn't snow like it use to.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

So because something never happened in your lifetime means that it is unprecedented in all of geologic history?

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

So because something never happened in your lifetime means that it is unprecedented in all of geologic history?
Have you ever been out a mile from shore on a frozen lake with only 2 inches of ice. The ice is like standing on glass and when you looked down all you see is blackness. As you walk the ice would ripples from the waves you create when walking. Really it's a sight to see. I love watching the sun rise in the winter over a frozen lake as I'm drilling my fishing holes. I'll sit out on a bucket fishing from sun up to sun down in sub zero temps. The best fishing is as soon as the ice forms and as it's melting. I've seen 2 cars fall through the ice. One was a brand new dodge ram. The guy was screwed his insurance expired the second his tires left the shore. If you're from the south I guess you'd never know.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: LSU2018

I brought this up over the Summer during "global warming" threads and the children laughed.

You know that the OP is about the upper atmosphere, right?

Because the upper atmosphere..sun..they have nothing to do with temps on that surface, right?

Everything but carbon which we can measure...

Sort of.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: MetalThunder

Yes. A comet impact would have a dramatic effect on climate.

Indeed.

But the weather..it will just be weather..right?

No need to worry about weather when climate is all that matters...who cares about anything else..when we can reduce carbon we wins...forever.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dutchowl
a reply to: Bluntone22>>> Its science so don't expect the global warmers to want to accept it as fact. We're getting a few inches of snow here today in Pa before it turns over to rain. Up state could get a foot of snow. I know. When its hot its global warming, when its cold its weather.

The part I love best...

Don't you think it can still get cold ?

They say after telling us the Arctic Ice is all melting when the temps are -50 celsius.

More than clear they look at way too many things from inside a tiny little perspective pane that really sees everything as separate...really one of the biggest jokes of our time..academia owned by hucksters...and they eat it up like any good religious person should.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

What a load of BS the lakes were FULL of ice..more than in quite awhile..coldest winter in almost 10 years last winter...was brutal.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
This purely anecdotal but it’s cold here has always been cold, will probably keep being cold. Might even get colder apparently
Already -17’C
a reply to: Bluntone22

We wobble about in space like a drunk sailor every 7 years my part of the world goes into the arctic circle i have seen -52c and regularly live through -20-30 in the winter the old folk used to tell me how mild it was then and how bad it was when they were kids , all those stories checked out when i saw old photographs from a elderly clients of mine like Canada, Scotland can have cold weather and mountaineers fear the cairngorms more than everest i have seen 20+ foot snow drifts ,but snow is getting rare these days and the sun is now not the same shade as when i was young
edit on 15/11/2018 by stonerwilliam because: spelling

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

What a load of BS the lakes were FULL of ice..more than in quite awhile..coldest winter in almost 10 years last winter...was brutal.
Last winter sure there was ice but not the two previous winters. And last winter wasn't even close to some I experienced in the 80's and 90's.
edit on 15-11-2018 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome

originally posted by: ParasuvO

Last winter sure there was ice but not the two previous winters. And last winter wasn't even close to some I experienced in the 80's and 90's.

We live in heated homes and have a sheltered life compared to times past , yet 20-30.000 people died from the cold or flu in Scotland in under 6 months last year .

I have this nagging feeling we are being culled
remember to eat your greens kids so they can beat you up in a old folks home
when you are past it

Just give me the Jaggy paw when i am that age

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

That isn't an answer to my question. it's an anecdote.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Newfoundland is currently getting the worst storm on the planet. Central park in New York has six inches of snow, is it normal for this time of the year

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: SwissMarked
But... but... global warming... that big giant glowing disc of burning gas in the sky couldn’t possibly have any effect on our climate... 😜👍

"Burning gas" No wonder your clueless

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:21 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
More localize Northern hemisphere cold and snow records broken going back 145 years .. The same is going on in other northern hemispheric places across Europe and surprisingly the Mid-East with floods and snows...

The last decade stands out like a sore thumb! It has had 29 major impact northeast winter storms with NO previous 10-year period with more than 10 storms! In Boston, 7 out of the last 10 years have produced snowfall above the average 43.7 inches.

2008-09: 65.9″
2009-10: 35.7″
2010-11: 81.0″
2011-12: 9.3″
2012-13: 63.4″
2013-14: 58.9″
2014-15: 110.6″ Greatest On Record Back To 1872
2015-16: 36.1″
2016-17: 47.6″
2017-18: 59.9″

Additionally, the trend for fall snow across the northern hemisphere has been increasing, defying the forecasts over the last two decades for snows becoming an increasingly rare event. The 10-year running mean of the Boston area snowfall has skyrocketed to the highest level since snow records were kept and that goes back about 145 years! Fluctuations in the temperature regime and annual snowfalls are a function of about 25 global factors including changing oceanic oscillations mainly sea-surface temperature anomaly locations which impact atmospheric conditions creating certain jet stream configurations plus others such as solar activity and irradiance, geomagnetic activity, volcanism, etc.

The article goes on to say the average winter Temps are falling around 1.5 degrees Fahrenheit for every 10 years.. Right on schedule if the global cooling guys are correct.
boston.cbslocal.com...

edit on 727thk18 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

We are looking at a chance for a our third measurable snowfall overnight this Saturday. The local weather guru isn't high on it, but says it's a possibility. Certainly, it will be cold enough, and right now, we are on track to have the second coldest start to November since they started keeping temperature records. So, the second coldest November in 131 recorded years, and we are not alone in the US. There are a lot of places in the East and Midwest that are tracking 2 and 3 like we are. We're having to go back to the 1800s to find Novembers that started out this cold.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Which is interesting, as some of the MSM weather channels are starting to change their narrative. From what I can gather Greenland acts like a block and funnels cold arctic air over the Eastern USA, the pressure of the milder winds from the west, fan out and force this arctic air down to Texas, and get pushed up against this cold mass as far as Alaska, so the Northwest gets warmer than average temps

It comes down to less heat in the tropics which cause the polar vortex to get wobbly.
edit on 16-11-2018 by anonentity because: adding

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

The article goes on to say the average winter Temps are falling around 1.5 degrees Fahrenheit for every 10 years
If you cherry pick your data. If you actually show the past 20 years, not so much. I wonder why he did that.

How about a wider view?

Your source:

The greatest warming has been happening in the Arctic region and that can produce a weaker, less stable jetstream that allows frigid air to dive farther south to mix with the warmer oceans to trigger more potential snow events.

He's right about global warming changing climates, but he's wrong about the jetstream causing weather.

edit on 11/16/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The jetstream doesn't cause weather?

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join