It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outcry after police shoot African-American security guard 'hero'.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

So if they vote Republican all Chicago's problems will be cured and we won't see any more instances of police shooting innocent people?

MSM are pretty much amoral, they report the bad and evil in this world in a way to further their own particular agenda....but that bad and evil is still there no matter what....unless of course everyone votes Republican.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

No, if they make it known they will not vote for people not working for them then people they vote will start working for them.

The rest if your rant is the same agenda driven biased crap the msm spout, which is not reporting the evils of the world but creating news and narrative where none exist to create division and hatred.
edit on 13-11-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

You said nothing will change in Chicago until they change the way they vote.
How can they? They have two choices and neither choice tends to put the interests and well being of the electorate first.

Its hardly a rant, please explain why you would describe it as such.

And I'm certainly not pushing any agenda at all other than stating that you need some sort of fundamental change.
If not then the USA is just going to continue sliding and rotting into some hellish future.

I for one hope not, the American people deserve better.

But the way its going.......?

Enlighten me, what agenda am I pushing?

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: toysforadults

I'm not one of those anti-American Brits who criticises America and its people for everything and anything.
In fact the one's I've met in real life have seemed ok sort of people.
Sure, we have our differences but we have more in common than we have that divides us.

But the obsession with left/right is mindboggling and generally seem incapable of thinking outside their pre-conceived ideological viewpoint.
It's set in stone - left is bad and right is good, or vice versa.

But tragedies like this should transcend all that nonsense....this is simply yet another manifestation of a deeper malaise within America.

I can't tell them what to do - even if I knew, which I don't - its their country and they need to go about fixing things pretty #ing sharpish or its going to be too late and the USA that we all know will go down the pan.

The problem is you see all of America as the same place and the distance and culture differences of like Portland to Chicago is like comparing London to Moscow. To look at the police and local Government of an area one will see they mirror the society where they are at, so when you see bad cops/crooked government officials in Chicago there is actually an overall bad society there.

edit on 13-11-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I see your point, its like when non-Brits assume London is representative of the whole of the UK.
It isn't, far from it.

But the thing is it seems like these killings of innocent people by the police or mass shootings can occur anywhere in the US....its just as likely to happen in some backwater town as it is in some run down urban area.

I know that's just the impression I get and I'm certain you're more informed and will be able to correct me if I'm wrong.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

But the thing is it seems like these killings of innocent people by the police or mass shootings can occur anywhere in the US....its just as likely to happen in some backwater town as it is in some run down urban area.

I know that's just the impression I get and I'm certain you're more informed and will be able to correct me if I'm wrong.

I disagree, here is a typical message..

At least 72 people were shot, including 12 fatally, over the weekend in Chicago

Now lets look at Seattle...12 people have been shoot and killed for the entire year so far... Chicago is 436 so far

Remember there are 330 million people here too...
edit on 13-11-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Like I said, its just an impression I get....I have no evidence readily available to support or invalidate that impression and to be honest I can't be arsed at present, its getting late here and its been a long day.

But nearly every time something makes the news headlines over here it seems to be somewhere I haven't heard of or somewhere I'm only vaguely familiar with.

Perhaps that's the thing, we only get to know about the police killing innocent people or the mass shootings....the day to day killings aren't deemed newsworthy.
Pretty sad really.

I appreciate the US is bigger.....much bigger and I'm sure that plays a part in it, but it also seems to me there are other things influencing these tragedies.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   

You said nothing will change in Chicago until they change the way they vote.
How can they? They have two choices and neither choice tends to put the interests and well being of the electorate first.

Its hardly a rant, please explain why you would describe it as such.

And I'm certainly not pushing any agenda at all other than stating that you need some sort of fundamental change.
If not then the USA is just going to continue sliding and rotting into some hellish future.

I for one hope not, the American people deserve better.

But the way its going.......?

Enlighten me, what agenda am I pushing?

Easy, you say work for me or I will vote your opponent next time. Then vote their opponent if they don't work for you. D or R is meaningless, work for me or I won't vote for you. If neither party will do it vote Independent.

Right now it's who cares I will vote D no matter what.

I don't know how you can't understand such a simple concept.
edit on 13-11-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join